+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Guess who is the newest PR of Canada? Daren2023!!! I finally landed at Toronto airport yesterday. Are there any other outlanders from this thread that have landed or am I the first one?
The landing experience went well. My flight landed at exactly midnight (such a Cinderella moment lol). I think my plane was sent to the furthest away gate from the arrivals area because we had to walk for 15+ minutes from the gate to arrivals, the longest walk ever! Then in the arrivals area I scanned my passport, got a receipt and saw a border agent. I told her that the purpose for my travel is to immigrate and then she sent me to immigration :). I was the third one in line behind a couple of Mexicans. Interestingly the immigration agents spoke to the Mexicans in Spanish! So they know English, French and Spanish too, very impressive.
When my turn came everything went very smoothly. The immigration agent asked me a few questions and then signed and stamped my COPR with a date stamp. Was he supposed to put a more complicated stamp on it, not just a date stamp? Furthermore, the date stamp says June 3rd even tho I landed shortly after midnight on June 4th o_O
He asked me for my address and I told him that I don't have a permanent address at the moment, but I have a PO Box from Anytime Mailboxes. He said it was fine to send the PR card to a PO Box so he entered that address in the computer. Then he advised me of my responsibilities as a PR (live in CA for 2 years, taxes etc.) and told me that it will take about 3 months to get the PR card. And finally he declared "Now you are a PR of Canada, welcome". Awwww such magical words :).
It is a beautiful sunny day in Toronto today. I hope all of you make the journey here soon.
Congrats! It seems like there was almost no wait times at the airport for immigration. Let's see how fast they send your PR card. I think should be a month.

Unless you are already doing so, do meet a few realtors while you visit Ottawa and Halifax (if you are still thinking about buying a house this year/early next year). You'll find a few that you really like working with and can trust very early on that way.

Reactions: Daren2023

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
Guess who is the newest PR of Canada? Daren2023!!! I finally landed at Toronto airport yesterday. Are there any other outlanders from this thread that have landed or am I the first one?
The landing experience went well. My flight landed at exactly midnight (such a Cinderella moment lol). I think my plane was sent to the furthest away gate from the arrivals area because we had to walk for 15+ minutes from the gate to arrivals, the longest walk ever! Then in the arrivals area I scanned my passport, got a receipt and saw a border agent. I told her that the purpose for my travel is to immigrate and then she sent me to immigration :). I was the third one in line behind a couple of Mexicans. Interestingly the immigration agents spoke to the Mexicans in Spanish! So they know English, French and Spanish too, very impressive.
When my turn came everything went very smoothly. The immigration agent asked me a few questions and then signed and stamped my COPR with a date stamp. Was he supposed to put a more complicated stamp on it, not just a date stamp? Furthermore, the date stamp says June 3rd even tho I landed shortly after midnight on June 4th o_O
He asked me for my address and I told him that I don't have a permanent address at the moment, but I have a PO Box from Anytime Mailboxes. He said it was fine to send the PR card to a PO Box so he entered that address in the computer. Then he advised me of my responsibilities as a PR (live in CA for 2 years, taxes etc.) and told me that it will take about 3 months to get the PR card. And finally he declared "Now you are a PR of Canada, welcome". Awwww such magical words :).
It is a beautiful sunny day in Toronto today. I hope all of you make the journey here soon.
Congratulations on the landing! I enjoyed reading your description; hopefully we all get our Cinderella moments soon.

Also, I didn't know you could send the PR card to PO boxes - thanks for the info.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Congratulations on the landing! I enjoyed reading your description; hopefully we all get our Cinderella moments soon.

Also, I didn't know you could send the PR card to PO boxes - thanks for the info.
Yeah I thought I’d share the po box info because not everyone has a permanent address at landing. He entered the PO Box address in the computer but I am not 100% sure it will work, we will see…. I will let you know if the card actually arrives :cool: .

Reactions: pinemaple

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Congrats. Did the agent ask for any document other than your COPR and stamped passport?
I didn’t need any other documents. I have heard that sometimes they ask for Proof of Funds so I carried a letter from my bank too, but he didn’t ask :p

Reactions: Pdm_ca

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Congrats! It seems like there was almost no wait times at the airport for immigration. Let's see how fast they send your PR card. I think should be a month.

Unless you are already doing so, do meet a few realtors while you visit Ottawa and Halifax (if you are still thinking about buying a house this year/early next year). You'll find a few that you really like working with and can trust very early on that way.
Yes, realtor, maybe. I am more focused on fun things on this trip, I might make another short trip in the fall to look at real estate before moving next year. So today I went to the CN tower, omg the views were amazing, a sea of buildings and roads as far the eyes can see. I was looking at Toronto from up there and thinking, omg I have just immigrated here, this is my country too now. All those nights learning French were worth it! Also I think it is very easy to learn more French here after I you have some basic knowledge because everything is in both English and French, so you can see the translation of everything in English and pick up more French words. I found it harder to improve my French in France itself because everything was just in French so it was harder to learn new words, I had to Google Translate everything.

Last edited:

Jmarsh

Jun 2, 2023
Hi everyone. My i am on spousal sponsorship, got AOR 9th march, done biometrics the end of Janiary, but since then nothing. I can’t connect my applocation there is some issue, we can’t get them
Through phone.. Can someone tell me did someone who got AOR in March got PR? My patience is done 4 years long distance, i just want to go , live and work there

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can someone tell me did someone who got AOR in March got PR?
If you read through this thread, you'll see many from March AOR have received their PPR/RFV/Portal email.

Hi everyone. My i am on spousal sponsorship, got AOR 9th march, done biometrics the end of Janiary, but since then nothing. I can’t connect my applocation there is some issue, we can’t get them
Do you mean you can't log into GCKey or are unable to talk to IRCC over the phone?

My patience is done 4 years long distance, i just want to go , live and work there
I really don't want to kick you down here, and understandably you're waiting to be reunited with your spouse. But, it has been just 3 months since you even got your AOR. We all know that the service levels are 6 months. If they process you faster, good - if not, ask for the reason why.

What will really help is:
1. where are you when it comes to your background and eligibility?
2. can you access your GCKey and PR Tracker?
3. have you been able to call IRCC and ask them for the status?
4. have you passed your medicals?

Jmarsh

Jun 2, 2023
If you read through this thread, you'll see many from March AOR have received their PPR/RFV/Portal email.

Do you mean you can't log into GCKey or are unable to talk to IRCC over the phone?

I really don't want to kick you down here, and understandably you're waiting to be reunited with your spouse. But, it has been just 3 months since you even got your AOR. We all know that the service levels are 6 months. If they process you faster, good - if not, ask for the reason why.

What will really help is:
1. where are you when it comes to your background and eligibility?
2. can you access your GCKey and PR Tracker?
3. have you been able to call IRCC and ask them for the status?
4. have you passed your medicals?
1. Serbia
2. I cant, , we were calling the number to fix it, and called IRCC we can’t reach them. So I e mailed Vienna Vosa center 2 times and both times they said it’s processed but not finalized.
3. Passed my medicals in January.
No it is okay, you didn’t kick me down, we are all here to ask questions, all good. ;)

Jasperimp15

Jun 6, 2023
Hi all, enjoyed whole conversation. Congrats to all who have got the golden mail. You are one of the most active n helpful. My ITA -18th Jan, AOR 15 March. Med passed 7th April & BIL updated on 14 April. my query is as i am FSW- Outland candidate, can i make a new tracker account by self. I had already hired an agent but he can only tell me about GC key dashboard update. These 2 accounts are separate...does this show any update to already existed reps. account? pl reply if anyone have any idea

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
1. Serbia
2. I cant, , we were calling the number to fix it, and called IRCC we can’t reach them. So I e mailed Vienna Vosa center 2 times and both times they said it’s processed but not finalized.
3. Passed my medicals in January.
No it is okay, you didn’t kick me down, we are all here to ask questions, all good. ;)
Try calling IRCC 20-30 minutes before 8 AM EST. You should be able to connect with someone. There are plenty of outlanders here who are able to get through with IRCC.

If you don't have access to GCKey that's a big concern tbh. There are ways to get access to your GCKey, have you tried those yet? If not, let me know, I'll find exact steps and share them with you.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi all, enjoyed whole conversation. Congrats to all who have got the golden mail. You are one of the most active n helpful. My ITA -18th Jan, AOR 15 March. Med passed 7th April & BIL updated on 14 April. my query is as i am FSW- Outland candidate, can i make a new tracker account by self. I had already hired an agent but he can only tell me about GC key dashboard update. These 2 accounts are separate...does this show any update to already existed reps. account? pl reply if anyone have any idea
Two things, ask the agent to create your client credentials. That way you'll have your separate GCKey, don't rely on teh consultant/agent alone for this.

About PR tracker, use your UCI number and try to sign up. It should work.

Jasperimp15

Jun 6, 2023
thx.. if in case signed up for tracker account as all data available..will update go to representative as well. becoz i dont like to annoyed him at this stage...for obvious reasons..

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
thx.. if in case signed up for tracker account as all data available..will update go to representative as well. becoz i dont like to annoyed him at this stage...for obvious reasons..
I'm not sure what you are asking. But, I assume a bunch of stuff and say:
1. You paid your consultant a lot of money for doing nothing, you can't possibly annoy them.
2. Creating tracker only needs your UCI and personal details. If you are worried about bothering your agent too much, there's no need to as you can sign-up on your own. Very few people here have an agent and were able to sign up for PR tracker using our UCI number.
3. No data will go to your agent. It doesn't work like that.
4. You paid your agent for these things, ask them to help you out here.