+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Hi All,

Congratulations on your progress. I see lots of stuck / stranded applications getting AOR1's finally. Please do update the tracker when you can. It really does help other applicants get a better idea of their own timelines . Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: sofyar19

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Maybe this is only happening to 'inland' applications but today we received an email that they have set up an online 'PR Confirmation Portal' in lieu of an in person interview. Once they set this portal up for us, we will apparently soon have documents officially confirming permanent residence uploaded to that portal (which is just as useful as a PR card I'm guessing?) and that the PR card will then be mailed to us (in Canada).

For background, we began as outland in March. Wife is Brazilian. She managed to get a tourist visa to join me in Canada while we wait. She's been here a few months and in the last month did the medical and biometrics.

Maybe others got this notification too? Or just inland people? Hopefully this portal that moves things to be more electronic will speed things up for everyone.

Reactions: adyc

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Maybe this is only happening to 'inland' applications but today we received an email that they have set up an online 'PR Confirmation Portal' in lieu of an in person interview. Once they set this portal up for us, we will apparently soon have documents officially confirming permanent residence uploaded to that portal (which is just as useful as a PR card I'm guessing?) and that the PR card will then be mailed to us (in Canada).

For background, we began as outland in March. Wife is Brazilian. She managed to get a tourist visa to join me in Canada while we wait. She's been here a few months and in the last month did the medical and biometrics.

Maybe others got this notification too? Or just inland people? Hopefully this portal that moves things to be more electronic will speed things up for everyone.
It will be for those inside Canada as a vistor etc who gain copr

Doesn't matter how the app was submitted inland or Outland its processed vitural if inside Canada with vitural landing

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Thanks Gabriel. Do you know how she should answer this request from IRCC?

: original entry date, date of last time entered in Canada and the location(Port of Entry)
What's the original entry date...?