+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
By giving AORs doesn't mean the applicant will enter the country straight away, after AOR it's still a year long process and they can limit the number of entries to the country even after giving AORs. I am also hoping that they will start working on the new Outland apps from this month itself.
It varies could be longer or shorter then year most likely longer

Aor proves your trying to legaly move there for any officer who scans passport which can help prove duel intent and not intending to illegally move there (that's one of the big I'mmgreation worries)

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
By giving AORs doesn't mean the applicant will enter the country straight away, after AOR it's still a year long process and they can limit the number of entries to the country even after giving AORs. I am also hoping that they will start working on the new Outland apps from this month itself.
I thought one year starts from when applicant isn’t received. Not AOR? Correct me if I’m wrong :)

b0para1

Mar 27, 2020
hi , my file was missing in transit , Canada post said that they have lost my file and it was not possible to talk to cic without file no. and also the call centre was closed until end of April. finally , my call got through today and i was able to locate my file with the help of the agent there. i feel so relieved because i have spent last few weeks stressed due to it.

my file was recieved on 6th of march and is still sitting in the mail room. ( i suppose other files would be there too ) the agent said that file is just recieved and they have not statred anything so far on the file. they still have to check my file id everything is in order and signatures are done right and after that they will send us the aor's. he was not sure about any timeline. he gave me the file no which will remain the same even later but for now , it has letter X in front of the no. . X means - file is still temporary, it has not been open and verified.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
hi , my file was missing in transit , Canada post said that they have lost my file and it was not possible to talk to cic without file no. and also the call centre was closed until end of April. finally , my call got through today and i was able to locate my file with the help of the agent there. i feel so relieved because i have spent last few weeks stressed due to it.

my file was recieved on 6th of march and is still sitting in the mail room. ( i suppose other files would be there too ) the agent said that file is just recieved and they have not statred anything so far on the file. they still have to check my file id everything is in order and signatures are done right and after that they will send us the aor's. he was not sure about any timeline. he gave me the file no which will remain the same even later but for now , it has letter X in front of the no. . X means - file is still temporary, it has not been open and verified.
If you have a file number it means they have started working/going through it

E&C

Feb 25, 2020
Is anyone else having issues with the google sheet. Everytime I go in to checkfor any progress the country I fill out seems to change to a new random one!!!! It's getting very frustrating that I need to change it back to USA every time I check the sheet....

Reactions: jodylynn007

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Is anyone else having issues with the google sheet. Everytime I go in to checkfor any progress the country I fill out seems to change to a new random one!!!! It's getting very frustrating that I need to change it back to USA every time I check the sheet....
Same here, and my dates are constantly being changed as well.

Famof5

Jul 15, 2018
I haven’t been able to sleep lately and I’m sure I’m not alone in this. I was reading the March 2019 Outland Spousal forum and it made me very uneasy about everything that is happening right now. A lot of the applicants had medicals done by May. Sorry to be such a downer but I haven’t been feeling very optimistic lately. My husband is still in the states and me and our 3 kids are here in Canada. I want to leave everything behind but that won’t help anything.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I haven’t been able to sleep lately and I’m sure I’m not alone in this. I was reading the March 2019 Outland Spousal forum and it made me very uneasy about everything that is happening right now. A lot of the applicants had medicals done by May. Sorry to be such a downer but I haven’t been feeling very optimistic lately. My husband is still in the states and me and our 3 kids are here in Canada. I want to leave everything behind but that won’t help anything.
It'll pick up.

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
I know 4 people personally who applied for outland sponsorship application in 2019. All of them received AOR between 45 to 60 days from the date of application delivered. In my view, COVID or no COVID 45-60 days are normal timeline for AOR.

Reactions: Sepi and Belarusian

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
I know 4 people personally who applied for outland sponsorship application in 2019. All of them received AOR between 45 to 60 days from the date of application delivered. In my view, COVID or no COVID 45-60 days are normal timeline for AOR.
Right now I am expecting a normal process time for aor to be closer to 90-120 days or so for the immideite future because of the backlog and covid 19 slow down

Reactions: Sepi