MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
All outbound have to go through Sydney so they should be processing soon I mean what work is left for those who do the post syndey stuff? At this rate the only apps in processing will be those stuck at Sydney that's not viable
Let’s hope so....There is so much conflicting information being pushed by the government, this compounds our anxiety, frustration and even anger at times.

I know I’d be more at ease if the government came out and empathized with us by even acknowledging that we are going through tremendous hardship due to all the uncertainty, and that they are coming up with a plan to “fix” the system once things ease up. But, to say we are in good hands right now would be an absolute overstatement.

Reactions: Empsam and rrss13

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Unrelated note does the 12 month average did it always begin with aor? Or when the psot office handed over app? So far we are nearing for most March apps the upper end of what would have been normal aor processing times pre virus if we use 2019 average but curious when the timer started on 12 month

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Unrelated note does the 12 month average did it always begin with aor? Or when the psot office handed over app? So far we are nearing for most March apps the upper end of what would have been normal aor processing times pre virus if we use 2019 average but curious when the timer started on 12 month
When your application is received by IRCC.

jhunt671

May 8, 2020
I would imagine that they would likely want to start processing again soon because of the kind of backlog they are going to see should doors remain closed. Similarly to the courts, many are eager to at least find some kind of modernization of the whole process by using technology however, lawyers are still worried about the explosion later down the line in trying to catch up.

b0para1

Mar 27, 2020
i am asking this question on behalf of my friend. his sister is been working in qatar airways for last 5 years and she also has stayed in jordan, india and other countries in this career. Her fiance is preparing the file and and the agent asked for the pcc from each country.
1. does the pcc has to be only from last 6 months ?
2.her permanent address was always in india , does she need to provide pcc from all the countries ?

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
[https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=038&top=4

QUOTE="b0para1, post: 8632379, member: 970907"]
i am asking this question on behalf of my friend. his sister is been working in qatar airways for last 5 years and she also has stayed in jordan, india and other countries in this career. Her fiance is preparing the file and and the agent asked for the pcc from each country.
2.her permanent address was always in india , does she need to provide pcc from all the countries ?
[/QUOTE]

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
1. You need a PCC from each country where you have lived 6 months or more.
2. There is no such thing as "permanent address" for Canadian applications. Your address is where you live (for instance - your home country is India and you go to USA for 8 months for internship and come back to India . In this case you have to get PCC from USA as you lived 6 months or more in USA).

All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: b0para1

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
This link updated on 20th may: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

So according to this page:

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t
  • process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing applications from
  • Canadians returning to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
This means they are not prioritizing other apps other than listed above.....?