Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I choose Outland because my job I have stateside is transferable after I get pr status (working at the largest retail chain store on planet has perks including not losing job during global pandemic and being transferable to any place just about where one has legal right to work)

That was main reason I chose Outland also it was faster or so I thought it would be pre virus but I think virus is now making inland faster? Idk etherway I done sent it for Outland so that's route me and my wife take for now
We all have different situations and make different choices, whatever is best for us and our families. I think inland isn't really fast. it is indeed slow. But outland has sort of completely froze since March, with no movement at all, and no communication from their end with regards to that, making it more frustrating.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
We all have different situations and make different choices, whatever is best for us and our families. I think inland isn't really fast. it is indeed slow. But outland has sort of completely froze since March, with no movement at all, and no communication from their end with regards to that, making it more frustrating.
Atleast inland has some movement hopefuly we get a lot of updates soon for Outland but time will tell I don't know what the Nova Scotia office is like

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Atleast inland has some movement hopefuly we get a lot of updates soon for Outland but time will tell I don't know what the Nova Scotia office is like
Yes, for January and Feb Inland applicants. I think there has been movement for February outland applicants till Early April; medicals/biometrics. And completely nothing for March.

GM101

May 8, 2020
Thank you to all who have responded to my Letter to Minister Mendicino and for your comments. I will be sending the letter this week and any related corresondance will be privately through the emails that you have sent. Each of our voices is small, however it is guaranteed that you will not be heard if you do not speak up. Write letters to your MP, sign petitions, speak to the media, and some good may come of it. Best regards.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
or just Tourist Visa for outland spouse.
What is the point of TRV now? My wife, for example, got her visitor visa she can't travel to Canada because there are no regular flights coming from our country. It's quite the same case for many other countries. There is no point of having a TRV while sitting at home.

smbr

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beijing
What is the point of TRV now? My wife, for example, got her visitor visa she can't travel to Canada because there are no regular flights coming from our country. It's quite the same case for many other countries. There is no point of having a TRV while sitting at home.
lock down will get over in a month or so. . . . The application process can go over an year (just saying). . . . Don't be self centered , everyone's situation is different . . .

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I'm not getting too excited about the wait yet. I'm very sure that resources in the Immigration dept. have been reassigned to work on the covid effort. Furthermore, I bet not many can do biometrics, or medicals, and as others have mentioned, there are limited flights. We're both lucky we're working, so we're just keeping safe and waiting it out.

As for timelines, I've just assumed that my wife will show up in sometime between Oct and Dec (if one is lucky).

Reactions: rrss13

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
lock down will get over in a month or so. . . . The application process can go over an year (just saying). . . . Don't be self centered , everyone's situation is different . . .
Well, nothing stops you from applying for TRV even now if you see the point of having it

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I'm not getting too excited about the wait yet. I'm very sure that resources in the Immigration dept. have been reassigned to work on the covid effort. Furthermore, I bet not many can do biometrics, or medicals, and as others have mentioned, there are limited flights. We're both lucky we're working, so we're just keeping safe and waiting it out.

As for timelines, I've just assumed that my wife will show up in sometime between Oct and Dec (if one is lucky).
Yup! I’m praying for December so we can spend Christmas and New Years together!

candada2020

May 10, 2020
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Hi All, new member to this forum. just sharing my personal experience here. I am Canadian. The file for my spouse (common-law sponsorship) was sent on 13 March by courrier from Hong Kong. Delivered on 19 March after second try (prob due to office closure due to Covid-19). So far no AOR email whatsoever (have updated my info on google spreadsheet). It is unfortunate as we have already settled on dates to move back to Canada but it might be delayed. It seems all members in this forum are experiencing delays due to virus and if so, lets hang in there and hope that the AORs get out soon.
Good luck to all and stay safe!

Reactions: rrss13

JGDZ

May 11, 2020
Thanks for all the updates all.

seeing any updates or positive posts helps give light at the end of a very long tunnel so please post any as they come.

These times are especially hard on all, my personal situation is hard for me but I’m sure there are others worse off.

I am an Australian Citizen, my wife is Canadian I’ve been travelling back and forth every two months for the last few years, that gave me something to work towards and get excited about, the last time I got to see my wife was in February and with the Australian media and the negativity they spew it seems like we will never get to see international travel again( obviously an exaggeration but that’s how it feels) like all of you I’m checking the spreadsheets daily hoping to see something but there is nothing, I also know our vacs are closed at the moment so even if we see aor1 the next step seems so far away.

anyway hopefully there will be some positive news soon anything to keep our hopes up.

keep safe all.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Feb 2020 inland applicants are receiving AORs in may also according to the tracker. But no new AORs for outlands :(

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Feb 2020 inland applicants are receiving AORs in may also according to the tracker. But no new AORs for outlands :(
It'll happen. It's most likely in their best interests to limit how many people (in a general sense) enter the country while we're dealing with covid. It wouldn't surprise me if we start hearing something in the late-May to late-June range. It'll all work out in the end. They're not going stop immigration.

Reactions: jhunt671 and rrss13

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
It'll happen. It's most likely in their best interests to limit how many people (in a general sense) enter the country while we're dealing with covid. It wouldn't surprise me if we start hearing something in the late-May to late-June range. It'll all work out in the end. They're not going stop immigration.
By giving AORs doesn't mean the applicant will enter the country straight away, after AOR it's still a year long process and they can limit the number of entries to the country even after giving AORs. I am also hoping that they will start working on the new Outland apps from this month itself.