+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
Good day all,

I have drafted a letter (see below) which I intend to send to Minister of Immigration Marco Mendicino in order to represent the desires of people currently undergoing the outland spousal sponsorship process. There is no guarantee that such a letter will have a positive impact, however, it is certain that it will not make things worse. The more people that this letter can officially represent the more weight that it will have. If you would like to support this letter, I'd ask that you send me an email (see draft letter) with your full name (and optional spouse's name), and I will include your voice in the letter. Entitle your email "OUTLAND SPONSORSHIP LETTER" or I may consider it spam and delete it. Please share if you are aware of other people in this situation and feel that they would also support.

Draft letter:

Michael Hort
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Michael_Hort@outlook.com

XX May 2020

The Honourable Marco Mendicino
Confederation Building, Suite 203
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Good day Mr. Mendicino,

As you are indeed aware, many government services have been impacted by the current COVID-19 situation and this has negatively affected the quality of life of many Canadians. In particular, the service reductions experienced at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada have had a serious impact on the quality of life and mental health of those Canadian citizens and permanent residents awaiting to be reunited with their spouses through the outland permanent residency application process.

The ability to be with one’s family members, especially one’s spouse, is an essential human need. Family provides support, comfort, and love, which is especially important during times of significant stress. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has hit Canadians and Canadian permanent residents awaiting their spouses’ outland permanent residency applications particularly hard. Not only do these individuals find themselves confronted with the risk of infection of COVID-19 and economic uncertainty, but most significantly, they must also struggle with the inability to be with, to support, and to be supported by their loved ones. This already significant emotional stress is further compounded by the uncertainty as to when these husbands and wives, many of them newlyweds, will see each other again.

It is in consideration of the above and on behalf of the undersigned Canadian citizens and permanent residents hoping to be reunited with their spouses, that I would request that you consider, to the extent possible, as the Minister for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, prioritizing the processing of Outland Spousal applications until a regular business routine can be re-established.

On behalf of the undersigned, I thank you in advance for your time, for your service to Canada, and for your assistance in reuniting us with our loved ones.

With warmest regards,

Michael Hort

#NameEmail
1Michael HortMichael_Hort@outlook.com
I emailed you Michael - thank you :)

Reactions: rrss13

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Good day all,

I have drafted a letter (see below) which I intend to send to Minister of Immigration Marco Mendicino in order to represent the desires of people currently undergoing the outland spousal sponsorship process. There is no guarantee that such a letter will have a positive impact, however, it is certain that it will not make things worse. The more people that this letter can officially represent the more weight that it will have. If you would like to support this letter, I'd ask that you send me an email (see draft letter) with your full name (and optional spouse's name), and I will include your voice in the letter. Entitle your email "OUTLAND SPONSORSHIP LETTER" or I may consider it spam and delete it. Please share if you are aware of other people in this situation and feel that they would also support.

Draft letter:

Michael Hort
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Michael_Hort@outlook.com

XX May 2020

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Good day Mr. Mendicino,

As you are indeed aware, many government services have been impacted by the current COVID-19 situation and this has negatively affected the quality of life of many Canadians. In particular, the service reductions experienced at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada have had a serious impact on the quality of life and mental health of those Canadian citizens and permanent residents awaiting to be reunited with their spouses through the outland permanent residency application process.

The ability to be with one’s family members, especially one’s spouse, is an essential human need. Family provides support, comfort, and love, which is especially important during times of significant stress. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has hit Canadians and Canadian permanent residents awaiting their spouses’ outland permanent residency applications particularly hard. Not only do these individuals find themselves confronted with the risk of infection of COVID-19 and economic uncertainty, but most significantly, they must also struggle with the inability to be with, to support, and to be supported by their loved ones. This already significant emotional stress is further compounded by the uncertainty as to when these husbands and wives, many of them newlyweds, will see each other again.

It is in consideration of the above and on behalf of the undersigned Canadian citizens and permanent residents hoping to be reunited with their spouses, that I would request that you consider, to the extent possible, as the Minister for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, prioritizing the processing of Outland Spousal applications until a regular business routine can be re-established.

On behalf of the undersigned, I thank you in advance for your time, for your service to Canada, and for your assistance in reuniting us with our loved ones.

With warmest regards,

Michael Hort

#NameEmail
Emailed!
Thank you for this!

Reactions: Gam14

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Good day all,

Draft letter:

Michael Hort
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Michael_Hort@outlook.com

XX May 2020

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Good day Mr. Mendicino,

With warmest regards,

Michael Hort

#NameEmail
Emailed.. thank u for initiating

Reactions: Gam14

GM101

May 8, 2020
All due respect, but,
What is the point to this? Spousal applications never ceased to be a priority.... .The Minister will just say that it's always been a priority and nothing has changed.....Don't waste his time with redundant requests.
You should ask for a lowering of threshold getting a TRV for spouses.
Good day Danik, thank you for your excellent constructive comment. It is appreciated. I will make mention of lowering TRV thresholds in the letter as an additional mitigating factor. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Have an excellent day.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Good day all,

Draft letter:

Michael Hort
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Michael_Hort@outlook.com

XX May 2020

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Good day Mr. Mendicino,

With warmest regards,

Michael Hort

#NameEmail
Email sent. Much obliged, good sir!
If I may suggest, you also CC all major Canadian media outlets as well the official opposition immigration critic.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrss13

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hi CDNsoldier,

That is also a very interesting proposition. I will certainly look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks, Michael.

Also the fact that IRCC call-center agents are misleading callers does not help our situation at all. There are times rude, in compassionate and not very forthcoming with information. It almost seems as if the less information they give us, the more money they make. If they are not helpful than they should not be paid nor should they be employed, and the money should be going towards putting more emphasis on processing. I’m OK with not having any call-centre agents as long as our files are getting process more efficiently. The odd times when you say the right phrase or the right words the call centre agent transfers you to an actual immigration official, and that’s when you can get the right information but that saldomn happens.

o9nik

Sep 9, 2015
Good day all,

Draft letter:

Michael Hort
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Michael_Hort@outlook.com

XX May 2020

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Good day Mr. Mendicino,

With warmest regards,

Michael Hort

#NameEmail
Emailed to you . thanks

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
We should ask for an open work permit for the outland spouse as inland get .
that will help a big time .

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
I am really not sure if they will ever approve on granting TRV for outland spouse.

The whole point of spousal sponsorship is to make sure that the marriage is genuine. If they start giving out TRVs for spouse then what if that spouse never goes back to their country after TRV expires?

Reactions: armoured

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am really not sure if they will ever approve on granting TRV for outland spouse.

The whole point of spousal sponsorship is to make sure that the marriage is genuine. If they start giving out TRVs for spouse then what if that spouse never goes back to their country after TRV expires?
It is difficult for an outland applicant to be granted a TRV because it becomes challenging to prove ties to home country, as they have a spouse/partner in Canada whom becomes a stronger tie. But Outland applicants have been and are given TRV if they meet the requirements. And some apply outland while in Canada. When their status expires, they apply to extend stay. Proving if marriage is genuine should not be an issue here, it has so far possible for inland applicants as well as for outland applicants who are in Canada, nothing new.

Adding to proving ties to home country, showing intent to return if PR application is not successful and etc, is one big challenge to outland applicants, and now there is also an issue of the pandemic creating a crisis in the healthcare system

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We should ask for an open work permit for the outland spouse as inland get .
that will help a big time .
Most of inland applicants choose inland because of the OWP. Some go for outland while in Canda because it has been processed faster than inland. I assume if outland applicants were to receive OWP, everyone would go for outland in hope of a quicker processes :D and in the end making the process slower:):):)

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Most of inland applicants choose inland because of the OWP. Some go for outland while in Canda because it has been processed faster than inland. I assume if outland applicants were to receive OWP, everyone would go for outland in hope of a quicker processes :D and in the end making the process slower:):):)
I choose Outland because my job I have stateside is transferable after I get pr status (working at the largest retail chain store on planet has perks including not losing job during global pandemic and being transferable to any place just about where one has legal right to work)

That was main reason I chose Outland also it was faster or so I thought it would be pre virus but I think virus is now making inland faster? Idk etherway I done sent it for Outland so that's route me and my wife take for now