+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi Lacey, are the addresses correct? The IRCC officer should've been able to plug in the address on Google and obtain that info :(
That's what I'm wondering. I thought that that was part of what they do when they review an application -- use judgment to fill in minor gaps that may be missing. Otherwise what's the point in having a human manually review an application and not just have the whole process automated? I understand sending it back if it's missing a signature or other critical documents/information, but to do so for a postal code is crazy.

Reactions: lacey

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
That's what I'm wondering. I thought that that was part of what they do when they review an application -- use judgment to fill in minor gaps that may be missing. Otherwise what's the point in having a human manually review an application and not just have the whole process automated? I understand sending it back if it's missing a signature or other critical documents/information, but to do so for a postal code is crazy.
Agreed! They should have also included this in their guide or reminders if this is really that important and they don't wanna be inconvenienced by looking up simple information. Actually, zip codes are provided in different forms other than IMM 5406 because they asked for it, so even without googling it, they will be able to figure it out. Maybe they didn't really care to review it or they are really on the look out for simple mistakes.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Hi Lacey, are the addresses correct? The IRCC officer should've been able to plug in the address on Google and obtain that info :(
Yes they were correct. Only missing zip codes ☹

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Yes they were correct. Only missing zip codes ☹
I think if you omly put Zip (Postal) Code on Sponsor and Pricipal Applcant for Inland Spousal Spoousal Application. Should be fine. Becasue they already reside in Canada. For another family member who not include this application. They do not return the package even you do not out the Code on.

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Just recieved our application back incomplete in the mail. Because we missed a zip code for one of hubbys family members. Not quite sure what this means now....after almost 7 months. Does this mean when I resubmit we will be October applicants??
Hi, Did you receive the temp AOR before they sent out your application back?

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys, so I did some digging on this forum and I found someone who had an agent communicate the following.. it appears that USA and Canadian address are mandatory.

-----

IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation.

You must submit the most recent version of this form (06-2019). https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf
_-------

Reactions: michaelmtlla

michaelmtlla

Aug 28, 2020
Getting the application returned after so long sounds seriously irritating. I am honestly fairly sure that since you have a temporary application number, they will be able to reopen it rapidly.

Still no news on AOR on my end. But I was just able to link the OWP application to the account. Anyone else was able to do this?

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Getting the application returned after so long sounds seriously irritating. I am honestly fairly sure that since you have a temporary application number, they will be able to reopen it rapidly.

Still no news on AOR on my end. But I was just able to link the OWP application to the account. Anyone else was able to do this?
Hi, how did you link your OWP? Did you choose the temporary residence category?

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I would hope not. I am going to call the postal office in his country just in case tho. My application was sent back for a missing document, so I’m scared maybe they didn’t even get to looking at the postal code part yet.

Also pregnant and due first week of December...cannot mentally deal with the stress of having it sent back again after this and worrying about my husbands status in the country, applying for extensions again etc
Was the document missing due to covid ?