+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** March 2020 INLAND Spouse Sponsorship ***

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
You can send you application for PR + OWP first. If you want to apply to extend your stay, you can do so online, it doesnt have to be now. You can do so even a day before it expires - online
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback, I will do the visitor visa extension online and submit my application and OWP application via courier as planned.

Reactions: Eveslm

Natus7

Mar 27, 2020
You should consider this time I don't know your couriers how long will they take to send your package? Canada Post have an announcement that they properly delay and not sure on time. Their office will close weekend.
checklist for OWP is up to you, because I also discuss with another OP about this, some will include it, some said they didn't. follow checklist and decide on your own.
Thanks for your reply.
From your experience which is better: sending it by priority mail through Canada Post or a courier?
I'm worrying that if I send it by a courier, somebody needs to be there physically to receive it, and when I send it by mail, they can just leave the mail, right?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
From your experience which is better: sending it by priority mail through Canada Post or a courier?
I'm worrying that if I send it by a courier, somebody needs to be there physically to receive it, and when I send it by mail, they can just leave the mail, right?
Canada Post is a courier as well with its Express-Post. I heard about Fedex, you can check.
Don't send to their mail-box. It will take longer.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thank you so much for your reply and for the valuable tips.
I'll make sure to sign everything, I'll be super careful.
I'm wondering about how to organize the whole application.
Could you share some light on this?
I was thinking of doing it this way:
1.Bar codes for the sponsorship and OWP together on top
2. Sponsorship checklist
3. All the forms in the same order as on the checklist
4. Supporting documents for Sponsorship
5. OWP checklist
6. All the forms needed
7.Supporting documents for OWP

Also, if I have an additional sheet for a form, should I include it straight after the form?
How to Arrange Documents:
The order of documents should be as follows:
  1. checklist;
  2. open work permit application (and supporting documents),
  3. barcode pages;
  4. Forms (in the order they are listed on the checklist);
    1. imm1344
    2. Fees
    3. imm 1283 (if applicable)
    4. imm 0008
    5. imm 5406
    6. schedule A
    7. imm 5532
    8. imm 5476 (if applicable)
    9. imm 5475 (if applicable)
  5. Sponsor's supporting Documents (in the order they are listed in the checklist)
  6. PA's Supporting documents (in the order they are listed in the checklist)

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thank you so much for your reply and for the valuable tips.
I'll make sure to sign everything, I'll be super careful.
I'm wondering about how to organize the whole application.
Could you share some light on this?
I was thinking of doing it this way:
1.Bar codes for the sponsorship and OWP together on top
2. Sponsorship checklist
3. All the forms in the same order as on the checklist
4. Supporting documents for Sponsorship
5. OWP checklist
6. All the forms needed
7.Supporting documents for OWP

Also, if I have an additional sheet for a form, should I include it straight after the form?
Yes for the additional sheet

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Form Imm1283e, question #11, I am employed, they are asking for the last 12 months but to calculate my income based on Notice of assesment.
1- What datee should I choose there ?
2- Hours worked per week ? I am on Salary though
3- Rate, Per week ? per hour ?

Form 0008:
Contact information, can I use my address for both current mailing address & residential ? Do I need to fill use of represenstive if I am doing this to my wife ?
Are you sponsoring a spouse who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks for your reply.
Look at the time it will take the package to be delivered on the website, and consider the amount of time you have left before your status expires. Canada Post has courier, priority and xpress post, you can also check FEDEX and Purulator

ACanada1

Mar 25, 2020
Send it with UPS.
They delivered mine in 1 day!
I had bad experience with canadapost .. it might easily take 7 8 days even with express ..

Reactions: Natus7

Natus7

Mar 27, 2020
Send it with UPS.
They delivered mine in 1 day!
I had bad experience with canadapost .. it might easily take 7 8 days even with express ..
Thank you, I think I'll do that! Do I send it then to:

All other applications for Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

???

pam9293

Feb 12, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks for your reply.
I used Priority and paid $25 but there is no point as stated on the Canada Post website, they’re not taking signatures to reduce touching of the stylus etc. So there was no need for me to pay extra!! It got there in one day vs two days (express).

ACanada1

Mar 25, 2020
Hello all,

I would appreciate if anyone of you read anything related to any delay due to corona virus from other threads please share it here with us ..

Thank you. :)

Reactions: JYG

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hello all,

I would appreciate if anyone of you read anything related to any delay due to corona virus from other threads please share it here with us ..

Thank you. :)
if you 're asking about sending to CPC Miss
We submitted our application (along with an OWP app) on Thursday March 12th of last week. It was supposed to get there this morning but our courier service (FedEx) said that "Customer not available or business closed". We are sorta worried that the processing center was one of the ones that was affected or closed due to COVID-19. If so, no details were available online. FedEx is going to try tomorrow to deliver it again. Hopefully it is received then.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACanada1

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Is anyone here privately willing to help me out with filling up some forms? :(

Form Imm1283e, question #11, I am employed, they are asking for the last 12 months but to calculate my income based on Notice of assesment.

Form 0008:
Contact information, can I use my address for both current mailing address & residential ? Do I need to fill use of represenstive if I am doing this to my wife ?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Is anyone here privately willing to help me out with filling up some forms? :(

Form 0008:
I asked you earlier are you sponsoring a spouse who has a dependent child that has a dependent child? If not then you do not need to fill imm 1283
If your wife is in Canada with you then she should have the same residential address. You do not have to fill representative form if you do not want to