+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
I try not to think this way...but do they want inland applicants to pay for BOWP so they can afford CERB and EIs?
This is just so confusing...
I agree with you because it took only 1month to approve my bowp, which was super faster than I expected but my PR application is still in progress..
They just want to collect money from us.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
I agree with you because it took only 1month to approve my bowp, which was super faster than I expected but my PR application is still in progress..
They just want to collect money from us.
My original medical was passed but then it expired in July. A 2nd medical was then requested (before they started exempting people), which I provided within the 30 days. From what I was told this is an indication that my application was in the final stages and a valid medical is required for COPR to be issued. 7 months later and COPR still not issued. At this rate I'm expecting them to request I pay for a 3rd medical before I ever see COPR. :(

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Seems like they are just removing all stages that slow down the application. CEC already has no POF requirements. With a minimum score of 75 case officers won't need to check work or education history either (apart from confirm 1 year of Canadian Experience). Then just do the security check and approve the application. Maybe this is an attempt to buff numbers and meet KPIs. Churning out approvals within the 6 month window...??
I would hope, wishfully, that by being able to meet their 6 month metric easily with the the new ITAs means that they spare enough capacity to start dealing with the backlog but I have no high hopes knowing what reality often entails.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Seems like they are just removing all stages that slow down the application. CEC already has no POF requirements. With a minimum score of 75 case officers won't need to check work or education history either (apart from confirm 1 year of Canadian Experience). Then just do the security check and approve the application. Maybe this is an attempt to buff numbers and meet KPIs. Churning out approvals within the 6 month window...??
They will still have to check all the documents to make sure that the requirements are met. I do not see any saving in time or resources. To be clear, they are free to invute whoever they want, but they have a moral obbligation to process old applications. They invited us already!

Reactions: bgpatel

annaxu

Jan 15, 2021
Someone today told me that IRCC may have a more serious background check on me.

Is that true? Anyone experiences or hears a more serious background check?
I have been staying in Canada for more than 10 years. I did both my undergraduate and graduate here...

I really don't see myself as "suspicious" person :(

annaxu

Jan 15, 2021
Depends on VO and officer as I have too similar situation since Dec 9,2020 and awaiting for my confirmation email.
Hi, we have almost the same date, and the same processing office (NS).

However, my security has not been initiated yet.

Did you receive an update or did you speak to an agent who told you everything has been passed?

Thank you

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
They will still have to check all the documents to make sure that the requirements are met. I do not see any saving in time or resources. To be clear, they are free to invute whoever they want, but they have a moral obbligation to process old applications. They invited us already!
Sure, they do still have to check them. But they won't have to be as meticulous because an application will just have to remain higher than 75 points to remain valid. That's basically confirm 1 year of Canadian experience and minimum education and language requirements.

I would hope, wishfully, that by being able to meet their 6 month metric easily with the the new ITAs means that they spare enough capacity to start dealing with the backlog but I have no high hopes knowing what reality often entails.
Depends what happens with future draws. They've essentially cleared the CEC pool. Do they plan to still have regular draws?

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Man, f this. I’m cancelling my application and re-applying as a CEC and leaving the country.

I’ve sent a technical request to them via CIC. Let’s see what they’ll say. I’ll have to get a refund from them.

I’ll post an update.

OHCanada20

Sep 15, 2020
Man, f this. I’m cancelling my application and re-applying as a CEC and leaving the country.

I’ve sent a technical request to them via CIC. Let’s see what they’ll say. I’ll have to get a refund from them.

I’ll post an update.
They will just refund the rprf fee and not the processing fee. Also there will be no guarantee that cec draw will happen in the near future.

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Did ircc issue any FSW outland ppr for 2021 at all because I contacted them this week and they said that they are still issuing outland copr but all the trackers online says only cec receive ppr.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
They will just refund the rprf fee and not the processing fee. Also there will be no guarantee that cec draw will happen in the near future.
Yeah, we’ll see what they say but they better refund everything cause nothing was processed lol.

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
IRCC invited everyone with 75+score under CEC today!

How come they are capable to invite everyone but not able to process delayed applications?

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #176 – February 13, 2021

Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 27,332Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 27,332th or above

Date and time of round: February 13, 2021 at 11:56:56 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 75
What the goddamn hell? There are many people who are enjoying 1st anniversary post AOR. I'm CEC and almost near to 1 year post aor and still background and security are in progress.
Now they say that they have minimum capacity and on top of that they want to process 27,000+ applications at once. It doesn't make sense at all.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
What the goddamn hell? There are many people who are enjoying 1st anniversary post AOR. I'm CEC and almost near to 1 year post aor and still background and security are in progress.
Now they say that they have minimum capacity and on top of that they want to process 27,000+ applications at once. It doesn't make sense at all.
IRCC is just a bunch of hypocrites with zero integrity, who only care about their public image and meeting their "6-months metrics", while really having neither respect nor empathy towards highly qualified PR applicants.

Back in late 2019 - early 2020, CRS thresholds were very high, which means that most of us with AOR in those dates have the CRS score of at least 475 and strong credentials (such as years of work experience, grad school, proficiency in official languages, etc.)

IRCC: uses COVID / not having enough capacity / having too many cases in their backlog as excuses to ignore our applications without committing to a specific timeframe for processing them.
Also IRCC: invites 27K+ new applicants with CRS score as low as 75, saying they don't have enough Inland applicants due to COVID (PS: How is it even possible to get 75? No education + no English?).
Are these two events happening in parallel universes?

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
IRCC is just a bunch of hypocrites with zero integrity, who only care about their public image and meeting their "6-months metrics", while really having neither respect nor empathy towards highly qualified PR applicants.

Back in late 2019 - early 2020, CRS thresholds were very high, which means that most of us with AOR in those dates have the CRS score of at least 475 and strong credentials (such as years of work experience, grad school, proficiency in official languages, etc.)

IRCC: uses COVID / not having enough capacity / having too many cases in their backlog as excuses to ignore our applications without committing to a specific timeframe for processing them.
Also IRCC: invites 27K+ new applicants with CRS score as low as 75, saying they don't have enough Inland applicants due to COVID (PS: How is it even possible to get 75? No education + no English?).
Are these two events happening in parallel universes?
Don’t look for a meaning where there is none of it. Government agencies suck worldwide, it’s just a fact. No one’s responsiblity = no one’s integrity. Basically, some incompetent dude in a suit said something stupid and the herd followed. Closing everything with COVID is a good example of that. Like, why would anyone close down the government agency responsible for immigration inside of the country?

Their compensation nor guaranteed pensions do not depend on their performance so they can slack off indefinitely and no one will raise an eye brow. Tax payers will eat it up and will be given no choice as always. I’d move to Texas tomorrow had I had the papers but my situation isn’t there yet. I really regret coming to Canada instead of the US (I could have but had to wait longer). Wouldn’t be in this situation where I have to stay inside for a year with no clear standing of my future here in the country. Shouldn’t have put myself and my family into this position just because government people said everything is okey-dokey. I’ve been forced to think about immigration papers when I could have been more productive with my career and still have no clear response from them. Like why wait? Just say it’s a yes or a no. My mental state deteriorated heavily because of them in the last year, f them, leaving us and our families in a limbo.

EDIT: lol, I had enough time here on Canadavisa.com/forum to become a Star Member. That’s how long it’s been.

Harley18

Dec 26, 2020
Has anyone from March received CoPR? Sorry I don't have time to go through the previous 321 pages lol!

I'm curious if they're still processing FSW/FST and PNP applications, or just CEC applications.

I applied FST express entry with a PNP nomination, inland in March 2020.

Beyond ridiculous!

Reactions: Going2Can