+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Sorry to hear that you are this pessemistic! Yeah its frustrating and you are not the only one but hang in there!
Can you give more details about the FSW outland freind details ?
thanks
There is really not much to add to what I've already mentioned in my previous post. He never requested GCMS notes, as his FSW-O application (with September 2020 AOR) moved forward very quickly. Biometrics center in his home country reopened only in December 2020, which seemed to be the main blocker for him. In two weeks after submitting biometrics, he got his COPR.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
i am CEC inland, it took me 1 year.. so dont fall into such traps.. there is no guarantee for CEC. i am the example and there are many like me who all are CEC inland...
Just based on the data points from this website, it looks like the original reason of our applications being ignored by IRCC was not related to whether you were an FSW or a CEC applicant. It was about having AOR older than 6 months. But a few weeks ago IRCC acknowledged that they wouldn't be actively looking into FSW applications "until a further notice" (which doesn't sound encouraging, especially coming from IRCC, especially after a year of waiting :p). While it looks like some older CEC cases (like yours) start getting attention, unfortunately, it is not the case for FSW. The fact that they've de-prioritized FSW-Inland applications indicates they don't understand the implications of being FSW-Inland (or, they simply don't care).

While they aren't currently processing existing FSW applications, they still accept the new ones, so their backlog of FSW applications keeps growing. Who do you think will get priority once they start processing FSW again? No one knows, but based on their track record, I have a feeling it won't be older AOR dates. Re-applying afresh as CEC might be a fair game, considering that on average, processing times for recent CEC applications are within 4 months.

Reactions: Rajsree84

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Just based on the data points from this website, it looks like the original reason of our applications being ignored by IRCC was not related to whether you were an FSW or a CEC applicant. It was about having AOR older than 6 months. But a few weeks ago IRCC acknowledged that they wouldn't be actively looking into FSW applications "until a further notice" (which doesn't sound encouraging, especially coming from IRCC, especially after a year of waiting :p). While it looks like some older CEC cases (like yours) start getting attention, unfortunately, it is not the case for FSW. The fact that they've de-prioritized FSW-Inland applications indicates they don't understand the implications of being FSW-Inland (or, they simply don't care).

While they aren't currently processing existing FSW applications, they still accept the new ones, so their backlog of FSW applications keeps growing. Who do you think will get priority once they start processing FSW again? No one knows, but based on their track record, I have a feeling it won't be older AOR dates. Re-applying afresh as CEC might be a fair game, considering that on average, processing times for recent CEC applications are within 4 months.
I agree with you. I think they will just forget all applications of early 2020 until everything goes back to normal. Which I think it is not fair, but they should at least have the decency of saying it clearly and giving a tentative timeline. There are people that need to make life decision based on this.

11CECapp

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hello Friends,
Spoke to an agent today.
AOR March 3
Medical- passed
Criminality- passed
Eligibility- passed
Security- not started

SandeepCanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Depends on VO and officer as I have too similar situation since Dec 9,2020 and awaiting for my confirmation email.
Did you can check whether your file has been moved to local visa office. The Agent told me once the Final Decision is Approved the file will move to local VO to issue the COPR. Till today, I thought once Criminality is passed immediately final decision will be Approved but look's like that's not case after looking into your time. Only god can understand IRCC no one else.

akcjay

Oct 21, 2020
Did you can check whether your file has been moved to local visa office. The Agent told me once the Final Decision is Approved the file will move to local VO to issue the COPR. Till today, I thought once Criminality is passed immediately final decision will be Approved but look's like that's not case after looking into your time. Only god can understand IRCC no one else.
Well I have decided not to reach out to IRCC anymore, let them send the confirmation whenever they feel it's time. There is no set of standard process is what I have understood.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Can anyone please advise how many days it will take to get the Final decision once all steps are passed. Thanks!
I am waiting since Oct 29th for a final decision. All stages passed, aor March 12th, cec Inland. Apparently, there are too many variables involved here and IRCC is not transparent at all. Definitely seems random.

Reactions: EstherNnnanna