Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Has anyone from March received CoPR? Sorry I don't have time to go through the previous 321 pages lol!

I'm curious if they're still processing FSW/FST and PNP applications, or just CEC applications.

I applied FST express entry with a PNP nomination, inland in March 2020.

Beyond ridiculous!
just CEC is being processed....

even the inland PNP ( with CEC ) are being kept on eternal hold

Harley18

Dec 26, 2020
just CEC is being processed....

even the inland PNP ( with CEC ) are being kept on eternal hold
Hi, thanks for the reply. I can't find information online regarding the processing of only CEC applications. I am aware they did a CEC specific draw. But do you have a link to online information confirming that only CEC applications are being processed?

Thanks in advance!

abhi77

Dec 27, 2018
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Hi, thanks for the reply. I can't find information online regarding the processing of only CEC applications. I am aware they did a CEC specific draw. But do you have a link to online information confirming that only CEC applications are being processed?

Thanks in advance!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021

• Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available.

FrenchFamily

Dec 18, 2020
Did ircc issue any FSW outland ppr for 2021 at all because I contacted them this week and they said that they are still issuing outland copr but all the trackers online says only cec receive ppr.
Of course they are. Check this post from a guy from Paris.

And there are some others exemples on this forum.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Don’t look for a meaning where there is none of it. Government agencies suck worldwide, it’s just a fact. No one’s responsiblity = no one’s integrity. Basically, some incompetent dude in a suit said something stupid and the herd followed. Closing everything with COVID is a good example of that. Like, why would anyone close down the government agency responsible for immigration inside of the country?

Their compensation nor guaranteed pensions do not depend on their performance so they can slack off indefinitely and no one will raise an eye brow. Tax payers will eat it up and will be given no choice as always. I’d move to Texas tomorrow had I had the papers but my situation isn’t there yet. I really regret coming to Canada instead of the US (I could have but had to wait longer). Wouldn’t be in this situation where I have to stay inside for a year with no clear standing of my future here in the country. Shouldn’t have put myself and my family into this position just because government people said everything is okey-dokey. I’ve been forced to think about immigration papers when I could have been more productive with my career and still have no clear response from them. Like why wait? Just say it’s a yes or a no. My mental state deteriorated heavily because of them in the last year, f them, leaving us and our families in a limbo.

EDIT: lol, I had enough time here on Canadavisa.com/forum to become a Star Member. That’s how long it’s been.
I understand your frustration, but given that I live in Texas, I can tell you not to be too anxious of coming to US, LOL!! Jokes aside, there is no excuse for their behavior. I do not think we did anything wrong in applying when we did: we could not know what was coming. If you are in Canada already, you are probably luckier than most of other applicants, try to see it this way!
Wish you the best for your application and your family.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
I understand your frustration, but given that I live in Texas, I can tell you not to be too anxious of coming to US, LOL!! Jokes aside, there is no excuse for their behavior. I do not think we did anything wrong in applying when we did: we could not know what was coming. If you are in Canada already, you are probably luckier than most of other applicants, try to see it this way!
Wish you the best for your application and your family.
Ha, that’s funny! I know no place is a utopia, and Texas isn’t ideal in any way but given the COVID situation, Florida and Texas look like a better place to be in, especially as a software dev. There is a reason why people move away from Cali to Austin. Plus, you could move to any of the states while Canada has a handful of cities with mostly the same climate.

I know I’m not only speaking for myself here but Canada is a bridge for most immigrants I know. Come in, get a PR, get a passport in 3-4 years and move to the US. If the US had the same system as Express Entry, Canada wouldn’t be as attractive. That’s facts. The local IT industry started to grow when the US became harder to immigrate to. Once that changes, only non-STEM professionals would end up in Canada IMO.

COVID lockdown here in Toronto is one big nonsense. The local government’s behaviour really turned me into a conservative cause I don’t understand any decisions made by the current administration. Delaying my application definitely didn’t help their case either.

All the talk about immigration friendly policy is just a talk here. No cap on countries (like the US has), just accepting too many applicants (like we saw with 27k of CEC and 75pts) when there are people who have been building their lives to help their immigration cases here and abroad and are still stuck. Studying, gaining work experience, moving across the world, saving/spending hard-earned money, and several IELTS tests as a grown man – all for nothing because we are de-prioritized now while some dudes with f'n 75 pts get in a line before us. It’s not just by any means. Any fool from a backward country can agree with that. We all worked hard to get our points, including studying when we didn’t need to, working jobs that we didn’t like just to get those LMIA points – moving to places that we wouldn’t choose had we had the PR card in our hands. Basically, giving away years of life and this is how we are treated.

I don’t see any excuse they could possibly have. It’s been an Internet age for decades. People sign multi-billion dollar transactions online, why woudn’t immigration officers of one of the most richest countries in the world be able to tackle a few thousand cases for people who are inside the country (with no COVID risk, at all)? It’s a rhetorical question.

Best of luck to you and your family too!

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Ha, that’s funny! I know no place is a utopia, and Texas isn’t ideal in any way but given the COVID situation, Florida and Texas look like a better place to be in, especially as a software dev. There is a reason why people move away from Cali to Austin. Plus, you could move to any of the states while Canada has a handful of cities with mostly the same climate.

I know I’m not only speaking for myself here but Canada is a bridge for most immigrants I know. Come in, get a PR, get a passport in 3-4 years and move to the US. If the US had the same system as Express Entry, Canada wouldn’t be as attractive. That’s facts. The local IT industry started to grow when the US became harder to immigrate to. Once that changes, only non-STEM professionals would end up in Canada IMO.

COVID lockdown here in Toronto is one big nonsense. The local government’s behaviour really turned me into a conservative cause I don’t understand any decisions made by the current administration. Delaying my application definitely didn’t help their case either.

All the talk about immigration friendly policy is just a talk here. No cap on countries (like the US has), just accepting too many applicants (like we saw with 27k of CEC and 75pts) when there are people who have been building their lives to help their immigration cases here and abroad and are still stuck. Studying, gaining work experience, moving across the world, saving/spending hard-earned money, and several IELTS tests as a grown man – all for nothing because we are de-prioritized now while some dudes with f'n 75 pts get in a line before us. It’s not just by any means. Any fool from a backward country can agree with that. We all worked hard to get our points, including studying when we didn’t need to, working jobs that we didn’t like just to get those LMIA points – moving to places that we wouldn’t choose had we had the PR card in our hands. Basically, giving away years of life and this is how we are treated.

I don’t see any excuse they could possibly have. It’s been an Internet age for decades. People sign multi-billion dollar transactions online, why woudn’t immigration officers of one of the most richest countries in the world be able to tackle a few thousand cases for people who are inside the country (with no COVID risk, at all)? It’s a rhetorical question.

Best of luck to you and your family too!
Please do not take it personally: at the end of the day everyone is free to do what he/she thinks is best for him/her and his/her family and as long as it is legal is fine. Every situation is unique and I have no intention of judging you or anyone else.

That said, I do not particularly appreciate the use of Canada as "bridge" to come to US. If your goal (and this is a generic "you") is to go to US, just get there. I know it is thought (I did it myself), but that would be the proper way and if you deserve it you will get there. I do not see the point of immigrating to a country if you do not want to be there. There are a lot of people, like myself, which want to be in Canada and I feel like, especially in these times, this is made harder by others that are using Canada as a tool.

Once again, no judgement on yours or anyone's situation or decisions; I hope I did not offend you or anyone else and wish you the best for your life, whenever it will be.

Reactions: wherethestorystarts

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Please do not take it personally: at the end of the day everyone is free to do what he/she thinks is best for him/her and his/her family and as long as it is legal is fine. Every situation is unique and I have no intention of judging you or anyone else.

That said, I do not particularly appreciate the use of Canada as "bridge" to come to US. If your goal (and this is a generic "you") is to go to US, just get there. I know it is thought (I did it myself), but that would be the proper way and if you deserve it you will get there. I do not see the point of immigrating to a country if you do not want to be there. There are a lot of people, like myself, which want to be in Canada and I feel like, especially in these times, this is made harder by others that are using Canada as a tool.

Once again, no judgement on yours or anyone's situation or decisions; I hope I did not offend you or anyone else and wish you the best for your life, whenever it will be.
You bring a good point but it’s not my perspective. All of the things in life are an exchange. My experience and expertise are what Canada asks for. Let’s not play ourselves, we wouldn’t be anywhere close to Canada if we weren’t needed professionals. I wasn’t given a work permit because Canada’s policy is to be altruistic and kind. No one has an interest in my well-being. It’s all just numbers and stats to fit their political expectations. I’m not a refugee who came here to beg for a better life either. I was invited to come here to work and applied for residence to extend my presence in the country and get enough time to get established as I knew COVID would be devastating to worldwide travel. I was given a work permit because of LMIA that proved there is no candidate better fit for a company role in the country, so I’m not taking anything from anyone. As I said earlier I could have gone to the US but the paperwork would be too long. I also had an opportunity to go to Denmark. The reason why I chose Canada is because of its immigration-friendly policy like many of the applicants.

It might be redundant but generally speaking, there is no legal nor moral obligation to give my full self to any country. It‘s not in the constitution of any country I’m interested in. PR status is just that, a permission/right to reside in a country. Citizenship is a different story but even then Canada allows for dual citizenship so I could theoretically have a dozen of passports and use them according to my needs, not because I’m in “love” with those countries. That wouldn’t be a violation of any law either. Sure, some citizens are willing to tie themselves to their birthplace or residence but that’s not a stance of mine. My goal is to be autonomous and have many ways in/out to accomplish my personal goals (like most people).

Moreover, situations change, and your (generic) current outlook is not permanent either. One unexpected situation like a (real good job offer, family situation, some instability in Canada) and you (once again, generic you) would change your stance too. People always look for a better place and I’m not an exclusion to that. I’m just upfront with it.

So the point you made about generic “me” using Canada as a tool and making it harder for others is not a concern I share. I wouldn’t be given an opportunity if I wasn’t an asset to the country, so no judgment is necessary indeed. Everyone here is interested in using Canada for their goals, either stability or economic advantage. I bet most of us are not willing to go to war for it.

Not to get carried away, the reason why I’m pissed is that some people with as low as 75pts are more fit to get their PR than those with 470pts and above. IRCC broke their own rules and punished all of us who had worked for it and we’re still in limbo without a single update. So the reason why Canada was selected in the first place is no longer relevant (in my case). That fuels my anger even more cause I played myself and have to pay for it with both time and money.

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Has anyone from March received CoPR? Sorry I don't have time to go through the previous 321 pages lol!

I'm curious if they're still processing FSW/FST and PNP applications, or just CEC applications.

I applied FST express entry with a PNP nomination, inland in March 2020.

Beyond ridiculous!
I haven't. I am CEC March 2020 aor. Security and background are still in progress. It is pure shit show.

Reactions: Deeps21

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
How can we go to the media to make this open? Canada tends to listen when their hands are twisted.
There is a petition at change.org directed to Marco Mendicino called “Significant Delay in Processing of CANADA PR for Inland Applicants” which has gathered ~1200 signatures. I and several other members reached out to a couple of journalists but not much action has been taken yet. If all of the interested parties reached out to a journalist or two, we would have a chance at getting more attention to it. However, I’m not sure how to facilitate that.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
You bring a good point but it’s not my perspective. All of the things in life are an exchange. My experience and expertise are what Canada asks for. Let’s not play ourselves, we wouldn’t be anywhere close to Canada if we weren’t needed professionals. I wasn’t given a work permit because Canada’s policy is to be altruistic and kind. No one has an interest in my well-being. It’s all just numbers and stats to fit their political expectations. I’m not a refugee who came here to beg for a better life either. I was invited to come here to work and applied for residence to extend my presence in the country and get enough time to get established as I knew COVID would be devastating to worldwide travel. I was given a work permit because of LMIA that proved there is no candidate better fit for a company role in the country, so I’m not taking anything from anyone. As I said earlier I could have gone to the US but the paperwork would be too long. I also had an opportunity to go to Denmark. The reason why I chose Canada is because of its immigration-friendly policy like many of the applicants.

It might be redundant but generally speaking, there is no legal nor moral obligation to give my full self to any country. It‘s not in the constitution of any country I’m interested in. PR status is just that, a permission/right to reside in a country. Citizenship is a different story but even then Canada allows for dual citizenship so I could theoretically have a dozen of passports and use them according to my needs, not because I’m in “love” with those countries. That wouldn’t be a violation of any law either. Sure, some citizens are willing to tie themselves to their birthplace or residence but that’s not a stance of mine. My goal is to be autonomous and have many ways in/out to accomplish my personal goals (like most people).

Moreover, situations change, and your (generic) current outlook is not permanent either. One unexpected situation like a (real good job offer, family situation, some instability in Canada) and you (once again, generic you) would change your stance too. People always look for a better place and I’m not an exclusion to that. I’m just upfront with it.

So the point you made about generic “me” using Canada as a tool and making it harder for others is not a concern I share. I wouldn’t be given an opportunity if I wasn’t an asset to the country, so no judgment is necessary indeed. Everyone here is interested in using Canada for their goals, either stability or economic advantage. I bet most of us are not willing to go to war for it.

Not to get carried away, the reason why I’m pissed is that some people with as low as 75pts are more fit to get their PR than those with 470pts and above. IRCC broke their own rules and punished all of us who had worked for it and we’re still in limbo without a single update. So the reason why Canada was selected in the first place is no longer relevant (in my case). That fuels my anger even more cause I played myself and have to pay for it with both time and money.
I do not agree with your view, but I understand and respect it. I do not think that this discussion would add anything to the forum, so if you are interested in carrying it on, feel free to message me privately. Otherwise, no big deal and thank you for this conversation: I think we both expressed our opinions in a civil way and that is what matters the most!

I completely agree with you on how ridiculous is to invite people with 75pts to apply!

KitKat22

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
I do not agree with your view, but I understand and respect it. I do not think that this discussion would add anything to the forum, so if you are interested in carrying it on, feel free to message me privately. Otherwise, no big deal and thank you for this conversation: I think we both expressed our opinions in a civil way and that is what matters the most!

I completely agree with you on how ridiculous is to invite people with 75pts to apply!
Agree with both of you guys on how ridiculous it is to issue ITAs to someone with 75pts.
I am residing in Canada for 6 years at this point. Local and international post-secondary were obtained along with a few years of various highly skilled experience in Canada. I am employed, have a place, vehicle, friends and family here ... so basically as established as it gets.
Only around a year ago I had enough points to apply under EE (didn’t get LMIA so no 50 points for job offer);to see that someone is getting ITA with 75 points? To see that IRCC issuing 27k+ new ITAs while my wait time is 10 months with no sign of progress since September? That’s just WOW.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020

Thank you too! I agree that the civil discourse must prevail at all times. I don’t think there’s anything to discuss in private so we can consider the case closed. I hope it works for all of us here as I’m sure you are. Being an immigrant is not an easy path but then again nothing that is worth it is easy. Cheers!

Cnic93

Feb 15, 2021
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here. Here’s my timeline. Applied Cec inland

aor: 19 March 2020.
Medical pass: 12 May 2020
Bowp approved: 21 September 2020
Biometrics given: 22 October 2020
Nothing for a while after that. I either missed ghost updates or never got them until I got one on 9 February 2021.
application approved on website: 13 February 2021
ECOPR: 15 February 2021

I wish everyone all the best.