+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon, my application shows approved in September 2020 on my gcms notes. However under the outgoing section, it says "application transferred" and "kit, application forms" created date September 2020, stated as "not started". I never received any email or update in my profile so I assume it hadn't been sent yet at the time (gcms is dated October 2020)
What does "application transferred" and "kit,application forms mean"? Thank you

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Yeah, the only second thought I've is what if I move to the US and get into some issues with GC processing, then the move would be a waste. Perhaps I should wait till this Sept, marking 2 yrs of my stay in Canada on a work permit counted as 1 yr towards citizenship, and then make a move if I don't get the PR by then...Also not sure if my PR application would be valid if I move out of Canada since I filed it with PNP.
With 2 years of work xp you should have no problems getting the points needed under CEC even without PNP, no?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, my application shows approved in September 2020 on my gcms notes. However under the outgoing section, it says "application transferred" and "kit, application forms" created date September 2020, stated as "not started". I never received any email or update in my profile so I assume it hadn't been sent yet at the time (gcms is dated October 2020)
What does "application transferred" and "kit,application forms mean"? Thank you
application can be transferred to another office or officer for further processing. sEe details on page 3-5 for the visa office.

Kit refers to additional forms or documents required. If it is not started, then they were never sent to you.

akcjay

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, we have almost the same date, and the same processing office (NS).

However, my security has not been initiated yet.

Did you receive an update or did you speak to an agent who told you everything has been passed?

Thank you
Yeah I spoke to IRCC agent during December/January and everything was passed since December 9,2020 and I was supposed to receive confirmation but I don't see it anywhere.

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
application can be transferred to another office or officer for further processing. sEe details on page 3-5 for the visa office.

Kit refers to additional forms or documents required. If it is not started, then they were never sent to you.
Thanks for your response. On page 1, primary office is Ottawa, secondary office is CIO. However on page 3, there are 4 secondary offices: Secondary office 1 is Lagos, which has the most recent update date. Slightly confused @legalfalcon

Last edited:

ksugumar412

Feb 16, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Just got my application approved and received my CoPR in the email. Have been a silent follower of this group since march 2020. Thank you guys and especially @legalfalcon you have been great moral support for many of us here throughout the process. I am also one of the march waiting list from last year. Hope all the remaining applicants also will receive it soon.

AOR - March 9, 2020
Medical Passed - April 7, 2020
Biometrics Submitted - Sep 30, 2020
Eligibility Passed by Officer - September, 2020
CoPR - Feb 16, 2021 ( Background approved on the same day today)

I'm currently outside of canada and came here to visit my family in india. Could anyone please let me know if they had the same situation and how to proceed. In the CoPR, they asked me to email them if i'm out of country. I just have a couple of questions if any of you know about this.

1. What does that expiry date mentioned in the application status? It is mentioned one week from today.
2. Can i travel back to canada with my current TRV from my work permit?

Thanks,
Karthik

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Hi Everyone,

Just got my application approved and received my CoPR in the email. Have been a silent follower of this group since march 2020. Thank you guys and especially @legalfalcon you have been great moral support for many of us here throughout the process. I am also one of the march waiting list from last year. Hope all the remaining applicants also will receive it soon.

AOR - March 9, 2020

I'm currently outside of canada and came here to visit my family in india. Could anyone please let me know if they had the same situation and how to proceed. In the CoPR, they asked me to email them if i'm out of country. I just have a couple of questions if any of you know about this.

1. What does that expiry date mentioned in the application status? It is mentioned one week from today.

Thanks,
Karthik
Hi, congrats! Are you CEC?

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi Everyone,

AOR - March 9, 2020

Thanks,
Karthik
Congratulations! Can you let us know what did they ask you to do within expiry date I mean pic upload etc

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi Everyone,

AOR - March 9, 2020

Thanks,
Karthik
Congratulations! Any Ghost updates before? What's the VO? Did you order gcms notes or reached out to ircc in any form?

_ladyj

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing the same boat folks with no light to this never-ending PR wait...

Express Entry FSW Inland with PNP
AOR: 4th march 2020
Medical: Passed Oct 21, 2020
Biometrics: Passed Oct 2, 2020
Eligibility: Still Reviewing
Background Check: Processing

I do not understand the rationale of IRCC in prioritizing the applications. I work with one of the top product companies and moved from Seattle to Vancouver in Sept 2019 with the hopes of getting PR and gradually Canadian Citizenship since I can't deal with H1B instability and an infinite wait for GC in the US on an H1B visa. I've been paying high taxes to Canada and it's been almost a year since I'm waiting to get the PR but I see often random applications are prioritized and some of them are outland applications. No offense to my fellow outland applicants, but inland applicants who are already working in Canada on a work permit are the folks who are paying taxes to the govt, so IRCC should at least consider them for prioritization. I mean what is the chance that some outland applicant, who gets the PR, will immediately get the job? If not, then the govt has to subsidize them with others' tax money. Again, I'm not against any outland applicants here but the whole logic of sporadic picking of PR applications is insane. All this time I spent in Canada, only half of it will be counted for citizenship eligibility, IRCC should compensate us by considering anytime beyond 6 months of PR AOR to be counted as full days towards citizenship.

I know this may not be relevant for many but looking for some suggestions folks. I've my US GC application pending with a priority date that is current if I go back to the US on an L1A visa and get my GC application filed for the EB1 category with my employer. Although I moved to Canada with the intent of staying longer and getting citizenship, given this ridiculousness in the PR processing, what do you suggest for me? Shall I continue staying here and wait for PR and potentially citizenship or move back to US on EB1 to get the GC. Wondering what will I lose without Canadian citizenship in a long run?

Thanks!
EB1 does not need perm, so you should get it less than 1 year. You can go back and get US GC. It won't affect your Canada PR application.

dharatishah82

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing the same boat folks with no light to this never-ending PR wait...

Express Entry FSW Inland with PNP
AOR: 4th march 2020
Medical: Passed Oct 21, 2020
Biometrics: Passed Oct 2, 2020
Eligibility: Still Reviewing
Background Check: Processing

I do not understand the rationale of IRCC in prioritizing the applications. I work with one of the top product companies and moved from Seattle to Vancouver in Sept 2019 with the hopes of getting PR and gradually Canadian Citizenship since I can't deal with H1B instability and an infinite wait for GC in the US on an H1B visa. I've been paying high taxes to Canada and it's been almost a year since I'm waiting to get the PR but I see often random applications are prioritized and some of them are outland applications. No offense to my fellow outland applicants, but inland applicants who are already working in Canada on a work permit are the folks who are paying taxes to the govt, so IRCC should at least consider them for prioritization. I mean what is the chance that some outland applicant, who gets the PR, will immediately get the job? If not, then the govt has to subsidize them with others' tax money. Again, I'm not against any outland applicants here but the whole logic of sporadic picking of PR applications is insane. All this time I spent in Canada, only half of it will be counted for citizenship eligibility, IRCC should compensate us by considering anytime beyond 6 months of PR AOR to be counted as full days towards citizenship.

I know this may not be relevant for many but looking for some suggestions folks. I've my US GC application pending with a priority date that is current if I go back to the US on an L1A visa and get my GC application filed for the EB1 category with my employer. Although I moved to Canada with the intent of staying longer and getting citizenship, given this ridiculousness in the PR processing, what do you suggest for me? Shall I continue staying here and wait for PR and potentially citizenship or move back to US on EB1 to get the GC. Wondering what will I lose without Canadian citizenship in a long run?

Thanks!
From my experience, US immigration can be equally (or more) unpredictable. If you can get L1A and EB1 anytime, better wait for a few months, get PR done, and then go. Once you move on L1A and transfer your I-140, your priority date will anyway be current anyway. Remember that even with the Priority date current, GC processing will take another 1 to 1.5 years.

ksugumar412

Feb 16, 2021
Congratulations! Any Ghost updates before? What's the VO? Did you order gcms notes or reached out to ircc in any form?
No. There was those two emails we all received due to that technical glitch. That's it. Previously i used to order GCMS notes and call them. But, there was no updates or change at all. I lost hope during November and left it at that and start going on about my life. My Primary office is Ottawa.

Reactions: bgpatel

ksugumar412

Feb 16, 2021
Congratulations! Can you let us know what did they ask you to do within expiry date I mean pic upload etc
I'm confused about that as well. In the CoPR document they asked me to reply to an email address if im outside canada. If i'm inside canada, i need to send my pic to IRCC for my PR card. But, they didnt mention anything about expiry date or anything. It's only showing up on my online portal. I dont know what that means. Could anyone here please let me know? They did mention that this CoPR document is valid for one year.