+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Feb 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Just got my application approved and received my CoPR in the email. Have been a silent follower of this group since march 2020. Thank you guys and especially @legalfalcon you have been great moral support for many of us here throughout the process. I am also one of the march waiting list from last year. Hope all the remaining applicants also will receive it soon.

AOR - March 9, 2020
Medical Passed - April 7, 2020
Biometrics Submitted - Sep 30, 2020
Eligibility Passed by Officer - September, 2020
CoPR - Feb 16, 2021 ( Background approved on the same day today)

I'm currently outside of canada and came here to visit my family in india. Could anyone please let me know if they had the same situation and how to proceed. In the CoPR, they asked me to email them if i'm out of country. I just have a couple of questions if any of you know about this.

1. What does that expiry date mentioned in the application status? It is mentioned one week from today.
2. Can i travel back to canada with my current TRV from my work permit?

Thanks,
Karthik
Congrats! Could you let me know on GCMS notes, which group were you in? (Page 3 or 4), were you in CN Covid Pace group?

ksugumar412

Feb 16, 2021
@ksugumar412

The expiry date is the date before which you have to land in Canada and get your cOPR activated / stamped. The pic you have to send is for your PR card.

For inland applicants the cOPR is sent which is already signed by an officer, so the day you received the cOPR, you are a PR. However, if you are outside Canada, you will need a travel document to travel back, such as PRTD, or PR card.
Thank you very much @legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Was able to get in a call with IRCC today after trying more than a dozen times over the last week.

AOR: Mar 6th
Medical: Passed on Mar 12th
Eligibility: Passed on Aug 13th
Biometrics: Oct 9th
Criminality: Still in Progress
Security: Not Started

So basically my file hasn’t been touched since Aug 13th.

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
Was able to get in a call with IRCC today after trying more than a dozen times over the last week.

Same here buddy..Similar timeline as yours, and my file hasn't been touched since May 2020.... It's really frustrating ad annoying..... details in signature...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey everyone,
I have WP expiring next month and I am deciding weather to apply for BOWP or for the 18 month extension. I have a few questions:
Does anyone know what is the usual expire date for BOWP? (6 months / 1 year ? )
Also, is it about the same processing time to get BOWP and the other WP?
I am asking this just so if CIC is still delaying the applications, then I don't have to apply for BOWP twice if the expiry date on it is in short term.
@legalfalcon your input will be appreciated as well!

Also, to all warriors of MARCH AOR, we have been tested! My application is stuck on criminality as well. Hopefully, we all get the results soon as its already been much longer than anticipated. Hang in there!
BOWP is usually valid for 1 year.

No, since the BOPW is based on you meeting R10 for your PR application, the processing of the BOPW is faster as no other documents such as LMIA or job offer are required.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

BePositive123

Oct 9, 2020

Yeah, i am in the same boat( 11 March AOR)! It is completely unfair to treat MARCH AOR applicants in this way. I am not sure what to call this kind of strategy from IRCC? Jesus, there should be some justice! At least for my case, everything is very straight forward with proper evidences to take a final decision. I can't digest the thought "why Visa officer does not get a chance to look my file" since after August 2020. At times, i felt, i should have get into Immigration field rather than IT worker and worked in IRCC to help the society! IRCC can't do this unfairness just stating pandemic and no staff. We need skilled resources at right places to move thing forward as expected and take rite decisions rather than creating "un justice" system. Sorry if i am rude but i can't digest if same case of my friends applied later AUGUST 2020 received their COPR's.. Hope someone from IRCC will see this forums and think about it.

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
Yeah, i am in the same boat( 11 March AOR)! It is completely unfair to treat MARCH AOR applicants in this way. I am not sure what to call this kind of strategy from IRCC? Jesus, there should be some justice! At least for my case, everything is very straight forward with proper evidences to take a final decision. I can't digest the thought "why Visa officer does not get a chance to look my file" since after August 2020. At times, i felt, i should have get into Immigration field rather than IT worker and worked in IRCC to help the society! IRCC can't do this unfairness just stating pandemic and no staff. We need skilled resources at right places to move thing forward as expected and take rite decisions rather than creating "un justice" system. Sorry if i am rude but i can't digest if same case of my friends applied later AUGUST 2020 received their COPR's.. Hope someone from IRCC will see this forums and think about it.
Totally Agree with you.... I wish there was a place to tag these posts directly to IRCC Case processing centres..Specially ottawa.....
to have them look the agony we are in.... while people who applied after are getting COPRs....Unfair

Aminjoon

Jul 2, 2015
CEC inland AOR 31st March. Got my GCMS note. Last time the officer touched my file was on July. And it says waiting for RCMP. A few days later on early July RCMP was received with clean record but officer hasn’t even looked at it yet. I’m exempt from giving biometrics and it got updated on October. But security check was not even initiated. I’m losing hope to be honest. This amount of unfairness is affecting my mental and physical health.

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hey everyone,
I have WP expiring next month and I am deciding weather to apply for BOWP or for the 18 month extension. I have a few questions:
Does anyone know what is the usual expire date for BOWP? (6 months / 1 year ? )
Also, is it about the same processing time to get BOWP and the other WP?
I am asking this just so if CIC is still delaying the applications, then I don't have to apply for BOWP twice if the expiry date on it is in short term.
@legalfalcon your input will be appreciated as well!

Also, to all warriors of MARCH AOR, we have been tested! My application is stuck on criminality as well. Hopefully, we all get the results soon as its already been much longer than anticipated. Hang in there!
Hi, BOWP is issued usually for 1 year or till the expiry date of passport whichever is earlier. In my case, I applied for BWOP in april 2020 and got the approval till 26th Jan 2021 as the passport expiry was on 27th Jan. And since I'm still waiting for the final decision I had to re-apply for BOWP which got approved in less than a month's time (Although IRCC didn't get time to approve my PR file yet as they are super busy to eat our money from other sources).
So, if you have passport expiry within a year I would suggest updating passport 1st and then apply for BOWP it will save you both time and money.

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
CEC inland AOR 31st March. Got my GCMS note. Last time the officer touched my file was on July. And it says waiting for RCMP. A few days later on early July RCMP was received with clean record but officer hasn’t even looked at it yet. I’m exempt from giving biometrics and it got updated on October. But security check was not even initiated. I’m losing hope to be honest. This amount of unfairness is affecting my mental and physical health.
Yeah man. This endless wait is driving me crazy.

Reactions: puneet kanda

dutta_r

Jan 16, 2021
GCMS notes show all passed and approved on Jan 21, 21, but on portal still showing pending. Is there anything that needs to be done? Or just keep waiting?