Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If @legalfalcon or anyone could give their valuable guidance on this, I think my medicals expired on January 31st 2021. Is there any way to know if IRCC has extended it or we will have to take the medicals again? No update as usual on the IRCC site or on the email. Any advice is appreciated!
The fastest way to know if your meds have been extended is to call IRCC or send a webform. If your meds are about to expire or have expired, they will be sent for reassessment to the RMO who will make a determination on whether to extend them to ask you for a re-med.

If a re-med is asked then you will informed.

The archived policy for the medicals is available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html

Though this was for applications that were awaiting final approval and only meds were pending, however, for cases where the meds have expired due t COVID delays a similar procedure will be followed.

Also, in some cases your reassessment may have been done, but not updated in the system. So call IRCC and find out.

Also, this info is available in your GCMS notes.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
@legalfalcon
I am a CEC inland application, Aor March 12.
I have been placed in the covid group with final notes from the officer as ***PACE***FINDEC pending, since Oct 29th. My wife’s meds have expired in June 2020 and my meds expired since 20th Jan, 2021. The officer has not worked on our Medical’s yet, nor a final decision. Do you know why I have been tagged to the pace group even though I am an inland application and paying tax since since 2017 ? I mean how does the officer determine, whom to put in the group and whom not to ? Could it be cos my work permit is expiring in Oct 2021 ?

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
@legalfalcon
I have been placed in the covid group with final notes from the officer as ***PACE***FINDEC pending, since Oct 29th. My wife’s meds have expired in June 2020 and my meds expired since 20th Jan, 2021. The officer has not worked on our Medical’s yet, nor a final decision. Do you know why I have been tagged to the pace group even though I am an inland application and paying tax since since 2017 ? I mean how does the officer determine, whom to put in the group and whom not to ? Could it be cos my work permit is expiring in Oct 2021 ?
Aor 6 April my medical expired nov 14 and still I haven't got any update. will they wait till near the work permit expiry date ? mine is in 2022 thats a long wait

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

IRCC form time to time will issue internal circulars on the processing of application, and it is based on that these groups are created and the processing happens. You paying taxes has nothing to do with how the processing of your application will happen.

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
IRCC form time to time will issue internal circulars on the processing of application, and it is based on that these groups are created and the processing happens. You paying taxes has nothing to do with how the processing of your application will happen.
Thanks a lot for replying. It is really discouraging to see many folks who passed all stages much later than me are getting finalized. Can I conclude that they are prioritizing some applications over the other and deciding to put some applications on hold, for reasons that only they would know ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot for replying. It is really discouraging to see many folks who passed all stages much later than me are getting finalized. Can I conclude that they are prioritizing some applications over the other and deciding to put some applications on hold, for reasons that only they would know ?
The only application put on hold are those who are not exempt from travel. In such cases even if IRCC issues COPR, it would expire and then they will have to do a final review again.

Also, between September - December 2020, there were rampant delays, office closures and staffing issues. When new applications are filed with IRCC, they have to be processed and meet the stipulated time frames, while continuing to precess the pending applications.

canadashine

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
The only application put on hold are those who are not exempt from travel. In such cases even if IRCC issues COPR, it would expire and then they will have to do a final review again.

Also, between September - December 2020, there were rampant delays, office closures and staffing issues. When new applications are filed with IRCC, they have to be processed and meet the stipulated time frames, while continuing to precess the pending applications.
Really? I am FSW Inland of AOR 2020 March and I am also still waiting, my file is on hold Since Sept 2020. No changes after that. I have 3 of my friends with same situation. One of my friend has AOR of Jul 2019 and she is also on final stage from last 1 year

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020

I don’t completely agree with you @legalfalcon. There are applicants who have immediate relatives in Canada, willing to accommodate them in Canada, whose files are domicile at Ottawa; yet they aren’t issuing ppr. IRCC can easily sequester those with relatives, possibly send a mail to them to confirm if they are willing to travel and then issue ppr. But they are not.
So not everyone who is exempt is not being given ppr, if you think about it critically.
Thanks

Reactions: canadashine

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I don’t completely agree with you @legalfalcon. There are applicants who have immediate relatives in Canada, willing to accommodate them in Canada, whose files are domicile at Ottawa; yet they aren’t issuing ppr. IRCC can easily sequester those with relatives, possibly send a mail to them to confirm if they are willing to travel and then issue ppr. But they are not.
So not everyone who is exempt is not being given ppr, if you think about it critically.
Thanks
I don't determine IRCC policies. However, most applicants who are not eligible to travel, have their applications on hold even though their GCMS notes shows approved.

As regards people who have immediate relative in Canada can still travel on TRV, there is nothing stopping them. However, when any policy is published, there will be way around it, and that is what happened when COPRs with relatives in Canada used it to travel. You cannot discriminate a COPR holder who has relatives again who does not.

If you disagree, you have all rights too, I was merely adding my opinion, not what IRCC is doing or reflective of their internal policy. If something is officially published, it will be available to all.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I don't determine IRCC policies. However, most applicants who are not eligible to travel, have their applications on hold even though their GCMS notes shod approved.

If you disagree, you have al rights too, I was merely adding my opinion, not what IRCC is doing or reflects their internal policy.
If I can add to this discussion, I think that there are two kind of delays:
1) Approved applications that are being in hold because they are trying to limit and slow down the flow of incoming people.
2) Applications that are not being processed at all due to lack of available officers.

Considering this and that applications are not processed in orders, they can be not issuing PPR because of different reasons and we cannot establish their policies only observing the numbers.

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
I don't determine IRCC policies. However, most applicants who are not eligible to travel, have their applications on hold even though their GCMS notes shows approved.

As regards people who have immediate relative in Canada can still travel on TRV, there is nothing stopping them. However, when any policy is published, there will be way around it, and that is what happened when COPRs with relatives in Canada used it to travel. You cannot discriminate a COPR holder who has relatives again who does not.

If you disagree, you have all rights too, I was merely adding my opinion, not what IRCC is doing or reflective of their internal policy. If something is officially published, it will be available to all.
This is not a debate with you. I have read a lot of your analysis in the past most of which I agreed with but your statement in the first paragraph of this statement I disagreed with. You don’t have to take a thought contrary to yours personal. “ You don’t determine IRCC policy” is needless to say. I was expecting you to enlighten me on why pprs aren’t given to those group of people in OTTAWA, which you haven’t directly spoken to; instead to taking a simple observation contrary to your vast knowledge personal.
Please stick to the issues and answer whenever you can as politely and objectionable as you usually do.
Thanks

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
If I can add to this discussion, I think that there are two kind of delays:
1) Approved applications that are being in hold because they are trying to limit and slow down the flow of incoming people.
2) Applications that are not being processed at all due to lack of available officers.

Considering this and that applications are not processed in orders, they can be not issuing PPR because of different reasons and we cannot establish their policies only observing the numbers.
I agree with option one of your analysis.
This means there’s more to it than they are letting on.
Thank you.

dbhatia27

Apr 5, 2020
There are 2 contrary things happening.

1. Applications that are being processed, but not issued COPR because they can not travel.

2. Applications for inlands, not being processed.

Can't digest this inverted working and logic.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I agree with option one of your analysis.
This means there’s more to it than they are letting on.
Thank you.
In my interpretation it is more like they are allowing in all the approved applications that are travel restriction exempt and they are also allowing some travel-restricted approved applicant. My comment about slowing down the flow was referred to this last point.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
There are 2 contrary things happening.

1. Applications that are being processed, but not issued COPR because they can not travel.

2. Applications for inlands, not being processed.

Can't digest this inverted working and logic.
Inland and outland applications are both being processed. There must be a balance and you cannot expect them to process all inland applications first: this would not be fair for all outland applicants that applied before and are able/willing to travel.