+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Purva_J

Jan 17, 2021
AOR March 20 2020
VO Ottawa
Only eligibility passed

Anyone here Sametime line..

What is happening in Ottawa VO any idea?

So frustrating about June July applicant getting COPR..

Reactions: abhi77

Ramsay123

Aug 12, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes and other group members,

Based on the statement generated by cic mentioning major focus on Cec.. i would like to know what can be the reason of only prioritizing cec and leaving behind fsw inland and pnp inlands?

I believe all the three categories are inside canada and supposedly paying taxes to canadian govt. dont you think its a bit unfair to other two categories?

i believe fsw o is on hold bcz of border restrictions but most of fsw o files upto march end are cleared by ottawa office but fsw inland files are not even being touched by officers when the waiting time has almost reached an year .

Can you guys shed some light on this topic and do you think govt can take some actions for fsw inland and pnp inland files as cec is priority and more ita’s are being offered every passing draw.
Its looking like an unending wait and a lot of life decisions are on hold due to this decision
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon and other group members,

Based on the statement generated by cic mentioning major focus on Cec.. i would like to know what can be the reason of only prioritizing cec and leaving behind fsw inland and pnp inlands?

I believe all the three categories are inside canada and supposedly paying taxes to canadian govt. dont you think its a bit unfair to other two categories?

i believe fsw o is on hold bcz of border restrictions but most of fsw o files upto march end are cleared by ottawa office but fsw inland files are not even being touched by officers when the waiting time has almost reached an year .

Can you guys shed some light on this topic and do you think govt can take some actions for fsw inland and pnp inland files as cec is priority and more ita’s are being offered every passing draw.
Its looking like an unending wait and a lot of life decisions are on hold due to this decision
Thanks

Government has only stated that as of now they are processes CEC with full capacity. Other applications, FSW and PNP are being processed too, but with significant delays. It is not that FSW and PNP processing has completely stopped.

Many outland FSW and PNP applicants have their applications approved, but are waiting for COPR and their applications are put on hold due to travel restrictions. However, applicants with some essential NOCs are being processed on priority at Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC). Also, the government has allocated additional funding to IRCC to obtain more resources and continues to closely monitor the impact of COVID. The proceedings of all committee meetings are available at https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Meetings

For inland FSW and PNP applicants, whose applications are pending and are on TRVs, IRCC has already announced policies for them to extend their visas and moratorium on any actions against expired visas.

Also, CEC applications have Canadian experience, education or both, and all verifications can be done within Canada, as opposed to FSW and PNP applications for whom LVO may be involved for verifications.

CEC applicants have the shortest processing time. These are just some of the factors, but in the next few months, things will turn a more people are vaccinated.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Reactions: Ramsay123

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
We have 3 situations as stated below.

1. Biometrics have submitted but waiting for security and background check stages.
2. All stages passed but waiting for final approval from October/November/December.
3. Final approval received but waiting for COPR (not sure if inland applicants are affected)

It would be good if you could include all these.
Speaking of the third situation, I am one of them. I am an inland and have seen many inland applications are in the same phase.

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , you mentioned in #4539 that " The note 1 is your the pace in which your application has been placed in, i.e. how early a decision will be made on your application." . Please where can this section be found in GCMS notes?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , you mentioned in #4539 that " The note 1 is your the pace in which your application has been placed in, i.e. how early a decision will be made on your application." . Please where can this section be found in GCMS notes?

Not all GCMS notes will have this. If you have a note which says COVID Pace, or FIN Dec Pace etc. it will be in the last 3-5 pages of your GCMS notes as an entry by an officer.

It is just the classification of your application into groups for better management and to streamline the processing.

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon . PR approved by officer in GCMS since October but no findec/copr received to date. My pgwp Expires on March 3. I have applied for Bowp in December. Bowp decision might extend beyond March 3. On January 27, IRCC Made a new policy that allows extension of pgwp for 18 months due to impacts of COVID-19. One must have valid pgwp to apply. Should I apply for this too as a contingency? If I apply, how does this impact bowp application? Simply looking to be proactive in these times.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon . PR approved by officer in GCMS since October but no findec/copr received to date. My pgwp Expires on March 3. I have applied for Bowp in December. Bowp decision might extend beyond March 3. On January 27, IRCC Made a new policy that allows extension of pgwp for 18 months due to impacts of COVID-19. One must have valid pgwp to apply. Should I apply for this too as a contingency? If I apply, how does this impact bowp application? Simply looking to be proactive in these times.
If you have already applied for BOWP, there is no point in applying for extension of PGWP. You can only have one work permit, either BOPW or PGWP. Both are open work permits.

Dreamer2030

Nov 6, 2020
If @legalfalcon or anyone could give their valuable guidance on this, I think my medicals expired on January 31st 2021. Is there any way to know if IRCC has extended it or we will have to take the medicals again? No update as usual on the IRCC site or on the email. Any advice is appreciated!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
If @legalfalcon or anyone could give their valuable guidance on this, I think my medicals expired on January 31st 2021. Is there any way to know if IRCC has extended it or we will have to take the medicals again? No update as usual on the IRCC site or on the email. Any advice is appreciated!
If your meds have expired, IRCC may extend them or ask for a re-med. You can inquire via web form and/or by requesting Gcsm Notes. If they have been extended then its also possible that due to delays it may not have been updated and the status will show as pending.

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
@legalfalcon this is the officer's comment.
**Officer Review- RROC processing** Admissibility -- search complete: No concerns. Address and travel history reviewed. No apparent concern. Crim: Nigeria PC(s). Reviewed. NRT.Bio passed. Infoshare: Reviewed. No concerns. Upon review of all available information, I am satisfied there are no crim concerns. Crim passed. Meds valid to 2021/02/19 - Next steps/recommendation -- Ready for FINDEC upon resumption of service.
Hello, have you got PPR now?