+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Inland and outland applications are both being processed. There must be a balance and you cannot expect them to process all inland applications first: this would not be fair for all outland applicants that applied before and are able/willing to travel.
Speaking of fairness, what do you think about them prioritizing CEC over other streams? Do you thing it’s fair?

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
In my interpretation it is more like they are allowing in all the approved applications that are travel restriction exempt and they are also allowing some travel-restricted approved applicant. My comment about slowing down the flow was referred to this last point.
Please let me crystallize what I mean. The rule of exemptions say if you have a relative willing to issue a letter that they will accommodate you and you fulfill other criteria then you will be allowed to travel.
My point is there are lots of people who have relatives in Canada and have all the other criteria but unfortunately their files are in an office that is not giving ppr like OTTAWA.
If what legalfalcon said was likely the entire reason, these group of people will likely be able to travel and the officers at Ottawa can know this simply by looking at the files of those claiming sibling points that they have verified and then do the needful which is issuing ppr to them.
That’s what am getting at.
Thanks

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Speaking of fairness, what do you think about them prioritizing CEC over other streams? Do you thing it’s fair?
Their priority is on people that can adapt better to Canadian's lifestyle. Their are investing in immigrants and the want them to stay. Considering this I can see how they may want to use more resources for the CEC stream. I would not know how to assess the fairness of this approach, but I believe that this is what they are doing and it kind of makes sense.

Reactions: Olaoluadefemi

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Please let me crystallize what I mean. The rule of exemptions say if you have a relative willing to issue a letter that they will accommodate you and you fulfill other criteria then you will be allowed to travel.
My point is there are lots of people who have relatives in Canada and have all the other criteria but unfortunately their files are in an office that is not giving ppr like OTTAWA.
If what legalfalcon said was likely the entire reason, these group of people will likely be able to travel and the officers at Ottawa can know this simply by looking at the files of those claiming sibling points that they have verified and then do the needful which is issuing ppr to them.
That’s what am getting at.
Thanks
I understand your point, but it is possible that they are not being let in because their application is not finalized yet. Also, it is never as easy as "simply look at a file". Most of the processing time consists in finding an available officer to "simply look at a file". My own application wasn't touched since April because there was no officer available to look at my file. Things are slower for everyone.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Their priority is on people that can adapt better to Canadian's lifestyle. Their are investing in immigrants and the want them to stay. Considering this I can see how they may want to use more resources for the CEC stream. I would not know how to assess the fairness of this approach, but I believe that this is what they are doing and it kind of makes sense.
Agree. So I also agree with the other folk you quoted earlier because he talked about something that follows a logic and makes sense. As you know, the government is imposing more restrictions on travel, outlanders cannot travel for sure, so the problem cannot be solved effectively. I think to some extent the way they work should be adjusted in order to adapt to realities. It is not a permanent change that affect fairness, it is something that makes sense of the bitter realities everyone is facing now.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Agree. So I also agree with the other folk you quoted earlier because he talked about something that follows a logic and makes sense. As you know, the government is imposing more restrictions on travel, outlanders cannot travel for sure, so the problem cannot be solved effectively. I think to some extent the way they work should be adjusted in order to adapt to realities. It is not a permanent change that affect fairness, it is something that makes sense of the bitter realities everyone is facing now.
I agree with you, but there is one thing that I think it is not fair. They cannot leave everyone in the dark with respect to the timelines. On the portal there is no useful information and this cause an unbearable load for webforms and call centers. As a result no one knows if his/her application will be approved tomorrow or in 2022 and this is not fair. They have the ability of assessing their resources, the workload and the policies and provide a realistic timeline.

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
I understand your point, but it is possible that they are not being let in because their application is not finalized yet. Also, it is never as easy as "simply look at a file". Most of the processing time consists in finding an available officer to "simply look at a file". My own application wasn't touched since April because there was no officer available to look at my file. Things are slower for everyone.
Lots of people whose files have been approved as evidenced by gcms notes still haven’t been issued ppr from Ottawa.
Yours truly included.

Reactions: matteosc

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This is not a debate with you. I have read a lot of your analysis in the past most of which I agreed with but your statement in the first paragraph of this statement I disagreed with. You don’t have to take a thought contrary to yours personal. “ You don’t determine IRCC policy” is needless to say. I was expecting you to enlighten me on why pprs aren’t given to those group of people in OTTAWA, which you haven’t directly spoken to; instead to taking a simple observation contrary to your vast knowledge personal.
Please stick to the issues and answer whenever you can as politely and objectionable as you usually do.
Thanks

If you re referring to the states, "[t]here are applicants who have immediate relatives in Canada, willing to accommodate them in Canada, whose files are domicile at Ottawa," then the simple answer that I can see is that Ontario and Quebec are under lockdown. Over the last few months, CPC-Ottawa, which used to be the most active and fastest office, has barely processed any applications. Most application movement that are being seen is from officers outside Canada.

This is why util all lines of business that a re carried from Ottawa were experiencing delays, and some still continue to.

I have not taken any of your statements personally, and neither do I ever do. This is a forum for discussion, and if I can help anyone, that is great, just paying back what I got from here.

express1221

Feb 1, 2021
This is not a debate with you. I have read a lot of your analysis in the past most of which I agreed with but your statement in the first paragraph of this statement I disagreed with. You don’t have to take a thought contrary to yours personal. “ You don’t determine IRCC policy” is needless to say. I was expecting you to enlighten me on why pprs aren’t given to those group of people in OTTAWA, which you haven’t directly spoken to; instead to taking a simple observation contrary to your vast knowledge personal.
Please stick to the issues and answer whenever you can as politely and objectionable as you usually do.
Thanks
Some people's ungratefulness is reaching new levels. You have someone like legalfalcon who wastes his time answering every single question he is asked and shares his amazing expertise, and yet some people like you are being aggressive and impolite instead of being grateful and thankful to the help they receive. It's just pathetic...

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys, my PGWP will expire in May. Should I apply for BOWP or... PGWP extension? (My AOR:March 1st)

I was planning to apply for BOWP while waiting for PR.
And I learned that CIC will accept application for PGWP extension up to 18months.
I checked if I'm eligible for PGWP, and it seems like it is focused on temporarily workers.. :(

Should I go for BOWP? or PGWP?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Some people's ungratefulness is reaching new levels. You have someone like legalfalcon who wastes his time answering every single question he is asked and shares his amazing expertise, and yet some people like you are being aggressive and impolite instead of being grateful and thankful to the help they receive. It's just pathetic...
express1221 joins forum 30 min back to write this, this is what is pathetic

Reactions: Ojay1

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
The only application put on hold are those who are not exempt from travel. In such cases even if IRCC issues COPR, it would expire and then they will have to do a final review again.

Also, between September - December 2020, there were rampant delays, office closures and staffing issues. When new applications are filed with IRCC, they have to be processed and meet the stipulated time frames, while continuing to precess the pending applications.
Just out of curiosity have any US-resident applicants been put on hold if this group is exempt from PR landing restrictions? Hard to get any info and totally understanable if this is something no one really has answers to. Thanks again for helping! You've been a great voice of rational thought in times where understandably the wait can get irritating.

msg2nish

Sep 16, 2019
The only application put on hold are those who are not exempt from travel. In such cases even if IRCC issues COPR, it would expire and then they will have to do a final review again.

Also, between September - December 2020, there were rampant delays, office closures and staffing issues. When new applications are filed with IRCC, they have to be processed and meet the stipulated time frames, while continuing to precess the pending applications.
What about Inland applicants with all dependents in Canada? Most of us have almost completed 11 months but our applications are still not finalized. No transparency..
IRCC says they are working with reduced staff, then how come later AOR applications with similar NOCs are being finalized.