+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
express1221 joins forum 30 min back to write this, this is what is pathetic
Thank you so much.
We respect people, we don’t engage in human worship, unnecessarily pledge of allegiance to foolishness.
Thank you for understanding my words, intentions and the issues I raised.
Thank you legalfalcon for the humility to write your retort.

Reactions: ForUs2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What about Inland applicants with all dependents in Canada? Most of us have almost completed 11 months but our applications are still not finalized. No transparency..
IRCC says they are working with reduced staff, then how come later AOR applications with similar NOCs are being finalized.
As per the 2019 annual report, 9 months was the average processing time for a FSW and PNP and 7 months for CEC, this was pre-COVID. Earlier too there were application that were delayed and took way more than the average time, while application filed later were processed faster.

Each application is different and factors such as the VO, external agencies, internal policies all play a role.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just out of curiosity have any US-resident applicants been put on hold if this group is exempt from PR landing restrictions? Hard to get any info and totally understanable if this is something no one really has answers to. Thanks again for helping! You've been a great voice of rational thought in times where understandably the wait can get irritating.
IRCC does not publish any official numbers. But there are many applicants who are resident in the US and have been waiting despite that their GCMS notes shows approved, and it has been month since the approval happened.

I am sure there are internal policy memos / bulletins that have been circulated and are not for public publication. Usually such memos come out when an access to information request is filed, but will take weeks before they are disclosed. On the operations bulletin there is nothing there as yet either for 2019 or 2020.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2020.html

The latest Program delivery update available is https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Just out of curiosity have any US-resident applicants been put on hold if this group is exempt from PR landing restrictions? Hard to get any info and totally understanable if this is something no one really has answers to. Thanks again for helping! You've been a great voice of rational thought in times where understandably the wait can get irritating.
Difficult to distinguish the ones "on hold" from the ones whose application is not completed yet. I am residing in US and I still have no news. Notes in November said eligibility passed, but I have no idea about the status now.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
IRCC does not publish any official numbers. But there are many applicants who are resident in the US and have been waiting despite that their GCMS notes shows approved, and it has been month since the approval happened.

I am sure there are internal policy memos / bulletins that have been circulated and are not for public publication. Usually such memos come out when an access to information request is filed, but will take weeks before they are disclosed. On the operations bulletin there is nothing there as yet either for 2019 or 2020.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2020.html

The latest Program delivery update available is https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html
Do you think that the shortage of personnel could cause delays in PPR and CoPR processing? I am sure that there is a certain amount of work in this stage too.

Reactions: Lizz456

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
I am following this forum for few months now and reading how people are frustrated and waiting for long. Trying to get a reason for delay, unfairness and future plans at stakes. But all are assumptions and speculations

I think, now everyone should understand that processing will take it own course and we can't do anything. IRCC will do it as they like to do it.

So guys relax and wait for it to happen.

Covid is a eye opener of all who have made all plans solely on getting PR. I hope people do have some backup plans or least now they should have.

Good luck!!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Do you think that the shortage of personnel could cause delays in PPR and CoPR processing? I am sure that there is a certain amount of work in this stage too.
All administrative bodies have multiple internal circulars that are sent on how to process applications. There are not public documents. If there is a policy in place to place applications on hold, then that is what will be done.

As regards staffing issues, it was highlighted during he Parliamentary Committee on Immigration and Citizenship meeting held on December 7 on staffing levels.

Some of the statements from the meeting:

The entire transcript is available at https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-2/CIMM/meeting-10/evidence

Reactions: nns14 and matteosc

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Sorry to bring up this again,

While I am waiting for PPR, my PGWP is about to expire in May, should I get extension for PGWP or should I get BOWP?
I wonder how people in the same situation are dealing with this matter

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Sorry to bring up this again,

While I am waiting for PPR, my PGWP is about to expire in May, should I get extension for PGWP or should I get BOWP?
I wonder how people in the same situation are dealing with this matter
Congrats, do you know when your criminality and security were passed or how long it took?

Workload

Jan 8, 2021
Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you everyone.. I’m a silent follower of this group. I got aapplication approval message in my EE profile. I dont know what to do next?
CEC inland
March 30,2020- AOR
Feb 1,2021- approval
Congratulations. Could you please provide your timelines like when was biometrics submitted, criminality done etc..

Reactions: SAMSAG6116

bottledmayo

Nov 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you everyone.. I’m a silent follower of this group. I got aapplication approval message in my EE profile. I dont know what to do next?
CEC inland
March 30,2020- AOR
Feb 1,2021- approval
Congrats!!
The COPR document will be uploaded to your portal soon I guess. Then just follow the steps in the PDF. May I ask where your VO is, please?

Reactions: SAMSAG6116