Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Any update?
I received my AOR on 4th of March'20 and a request for Biometrics on the 30th of Apr'20 with a timeline of 90 days that expires on the 29th of July.

Since the VAC hasn't opened in New Delhi, India what should be my next step?

The website says, the application won't be rejected if you are unable to give your Biometrics because of Covid but just want to get some thoughts.
You just repeated the same thing. :)

madrilena

May 29, 2020
Hi all,

Just wanted to update this thread because I know some of you were in a similar boat as me.

When I sent a webform late June, I received a response July 3rd with the following:
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
They didn't mention eligibility at all, so I wasn't sure if I passed or if this meant something was wrong with it. I raised another webform last week and received a response today -
  • The application is still in process.
  • The responsible office reviewed the application and documents submitted and determined that you meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied.
In between my two web forms, I did see a ghost update in my account (no email, but when I checked my account it said updated and there was no update.

AOR Mar 31st, CEC Inland

VACK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
I have noticed Ottawa is fast. Edmonton guys are really slow. :(
Hi, I am stuck at Edmonton office too... today i was able to reach an agent on CIC helpline number..
she told me that normally the eligibility review starts only after passing background check... and that cannot be completed unless we give biometrics.. that seems to be at odd with what is happening in Ottawa office.. but has anyone else from Edmonton office got an update on Eligibility review ???

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi all,

Just wanted to update this thread because I know some of you were in a similar boat as me.

When I sent a webform late June, I received a response July 3rd with the following:
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
They didn't mention eligibility at all, so I wasn't sure if I passed or if this meant something was wrong with it. I raised another webform last week and received a response today -
  • The application is still in process.
  • The responsible office reviewed the application and documents submitted and determined that you meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied.
In between my two web forms, I did see a ghost update in my account (no email, but when I checked my account it said updated and there was no update.

AOR Mar 31st, CEC Inland
what is your visa office?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi, I am stuck at Edmonton office too... today i was able to reach an agent on CIC helpline number..
she told me that normally the eligibility review starts only after passing background check... and that cannot be completed unless we give biometrics.. that seems to be at odd with what is happening in Ottawa office.. but has anyone else from Edmonton office got an update on Eligibility review ???
:(

jetzhou

Mar 24, 2020
To update my profile with everyone:

Invitation- Feb 19
AOR- March 26 (submitted upfront medical exam doc with web pages that all clients are closed and an LOE, CIC ceased all upfront medical exam back to time)
Make up an upfront medical exam when it re-opened in May (can't remember exactly what date it is)
Medical exam passed - May 27
BIL- May 27
Bio Collected - June 1

On July 6, I got an email from Hamilton office stating that my profile in under the finalization stage and asked me if I'm inland or not and if I'm inland, what is my original and last entry date with the port of entry. I was outside of Canada but already booked my flight back. So I emailed back my itinerary and the office said they would contact me later. I returned to Canada on July 17th, and immediately send out the email to the office saying I'm inland now with data of entry with the port.

Just got the CoPR this morning (July 20), asking me to mail the photo and CoPR to the office so that they can make and deliver the PR card to me. The processing speed really surprises me.

I hope this may help people who are still in process.

himansh165

May 10, 2020

Invitation- Feb 19
AOR- March 26 (submitted upfront medical exam doc with web pages that all clients are closed and an LOE, CIC ceased all upfront medical exam back to time)
Make up an upfront medical exam when it re-opened in May (can't remember exactly what date it is)
BIL- May 27
Bio Collected - June 1

On July 6, I got an email from Hamilton office stating that my profile in under the finalization stage and asked me if I'm inland or not and if I'm inland, what is my original and last entry date with the port of entry. I was outside of Canada but already booked my flight back. So I emailed back my itinerary and the office said they would contact me later. I returned to Canada on July 17th, and immediately send out the email to the office saying I'm inland now with data of entry with the port.

Just got the CoPR this morning (July 20), asking me to mail the photo and CoPR to the office so that they can make and deliver the PR card to me. The processing speed really surprises me.

Congratulations :)

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020

Invitation- Feb 19
BIL- May 27
Bio Collected - June 1

you are one lucky chap! Congratulations! :)

Happy Harper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020

Invitation- Feb 19
BIL- May 27
Bio Collected - June 1

Wow! So lucky you were able to give bio. Congratulations!

EECandidate20

Jan 26, 2020
Hello,
I have an inland application which got AOR on March 1st, medical passed March 9th. I ordered GCMS notes and in mid-May and eligibility was passed, criminality in progress, security not started. Unfortunately I haven't been able to provide biometrics till now. I am currently on a study permit living in Vancouver, BC.
Has anyone tried to travel to US by air (I know land borders are closed) to give biometrics and come back? Do you think it is risky?

Last edited:

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi, I just got the Biometric Letter. And I am in the US. How do we schedule an appointment for biometrics with the USCIS? Or are there other places we could go to, to have our biometrics taken? Please help!