+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

HayleyB-HFX

Sep 16, 2020
I'm struggling to find proof of address, since all bills are in my housemates name. I have a current valid visitor status (implied, waiting for extension) so I'm anxious to upload one that says my visitor status expired in June.
I do have my WES credential letter and BIL, would one of these suffice?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I'm struggling to find proof of address, since all bills are in my housemates name. I have a current valid visitor status (implied, waiting for extension) so I'm anxious to upload one that says my visitor status expired in June.
All they need is "an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada"

Reactions: HayleyB-HFX

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
any Canadian bank statement

ankit_ec

Jan 2, 2018
Hi All, I have a question - My Application status is closed and application reason code is approved in gcms notes, but I have not received anything related to copr neither there is any update on application on ircc portal. It' still shows in progress.
Today when I called CIC customer service , they mentioned that application is 'In Progress' only and were not sure about GCMS notes .
What can be done here as GCMS notes and CIC portal status are out of sync.

If application is approved in GCMS notes , then will I get COPR and after how many days ...any idea ?

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Thank you so much guys for the valuable information. However, I was going through the consent form, do I have to write my details in designated representative information ? If yes, what should
I write in the Firm/ Organization. (I applied my myself, I do not have any lawyer)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Thank you so much guys for the valuable information. However, I was going through the consent form, do I have to write my details in designated representative information ? If yes, what should
I write in the Firm/ Organization. (I applied my myself, I do not have any lawyer)
If in Canada, you don't need a consent form for requesting your own information if you are applying directly at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Oh my bad, I thought you said only citizens or permanent residents can apply for the privacy act..
thanks again @caipsnotes
No not for Privacy Act, feel free to ask if you have any more questions

Any Canadian citizen, permanent resident or individual present in Canada has the right to access their personal information held by government institutions that are subject to the Privacy Act.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
If you are requesting your own info, you do not need to file any consent form. However, if you do have any family members in your application, i.e. your spouse or your children, you will need to file a consent form to obtain their information, unless your application already has your as the representative authorised to obtain the their info.

This is because any person over the age of 16 has to give consent to obtain their information if it is being obtained any anyone else.

If you are the sole applicant, then just fill in the online form and submit it.

If you have your spouse, and children, then your spouse will have to sign the consent form, giving you the authorisation to obtain her info. If the form is not submitted, then your spouse's info will be redacted from your GCMS notes.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/forms/request-5744/new-constent-form.html

julia92

Sep 24, 2020
Hey Guys. Today I called service canada in Mississauga and they scheduled my Biometrics Appointment for next week. The agent said they were about to call but I got lucky and they gave me an appointment. I live in Mississauga, AOR 8 Mar 2020!

Last edited: