+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi guys .. I called Ircc in the 3 times in the last 3 months ... they told me eligibility is passed, criminality in progress and security not started. (March aor)(eligibility passed since July the first call when I made to ircc)...
They haven’t started my security since July.. I haven’t done my biometrics though..
Is there a possibility the they might have some issues with the eligibility.?
Should I order notes .. will have any impact on my application ?
The agent told me today that I call them once a month.. would it have any negative impact ?
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon or any seniors please advise..

Guenever

Sep 23, 2020
Didn't they disallow people from getting biometrics done outside of Canada?
No, I called IRCC to ask and my MP confirmed as well that it's possible. It's not encouraged (especially because entering back into Canada is not possible for everyone) but you can get them done anywhere. However, it is up to the discretion of the VAC to accept an inland BIL and take the biometrics.

aps1989

Aug 16, 2020
Hi All, I have a question - My Application status is closed and application reason code is approved in gcms notes, but I have not received anything related to copr neither there is any update on application on ircc portal. It' still shows in progress. Any idea how many days it takes to receive copr?
Have you got ghost update ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys .. I called Ircc in the 3 times in the last 3 months ... they told me eligibility is passed, criminality in progress and security not started. (March aor)(eligibility passed since July the first call when I made to ircc)...
They haven’t started my security since July.. I haven’t done my biometrics though..
The agent told me today that I call them once a month.. would it have any negative impact ?
@legalfalcon or any seniors please advise..
The security will only start after your eligibility has been conclusively passed by an officer. Your GCMS notes will be able to give you an accurate picture of your application and what stage it is at.

At this stage, you can send a webform and enquire about the status of your application or request GCMS notes

The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an assistant or analyst will review your documents and make a recommendation. This recommendation could be passed / met / recommended passed / review required etc.

This will then we reviewed by an officer, who will make a final determination on the eligibility, and you will see a note in your GCMS notes for both these. The notes will look like the following:

Once you have the above note from the officer your security will be initiated.

As regards biometrics, if you have not yet given biometrics, your criminality will stay in progress, until the biometrics are done. IRCC announced a new policy yesterday, wherein if you have given your biometrics for any TRV before, the same will be considered for your current PR application.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html?fbclid=IwAR2WiJ7Pt9YmJC0bPg0nc5uS6t4lvVNIf2ed8lapQKiUz9wkRjQCEgACqiw

If you have given your biometrics before, you can check them out at this link:https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?fbclid=IwAR1O1xfBayG7NHeSzMpf6vE5HBBv4FxmdF0kZfgiIN8DNjyCL1h4LJXPkF8

Calling IRCC does not have any impact, negative or positive on your application. However, if you call multiple times, it is logged in it can be seen how many times you have requested status.

Given that your AoR is March 2020, you have just reach 6 months.

As per IRCC's 2019 annual report, the average time is now 9 months, and factoring COVID, it may take longer.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon or any seniors please advise..
Hi there. No issue with calling IRCC, the calls do get captured in your GCMS though. Likewise, no positive or negative impact of requesting your Gcms Notes itself and if you are inland you can do so for free.

Security screening, if applicable, will only start after Eligibility Review is conclusively passed by an officer. If it has not started it may indicate that Eligibility is only passed by an agent/analyst and awaiting a review from an officer. If that's the case it likely will be helpful to request your notes.

Reactions: Vinami

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
No, I called IRCC to ask and my MP confirmed as well that it's possible. It's not encouraged (especially because entering back into Canada is not possible for everyone) but you can get them done anywhere. However, it is up to the discretion of the VAC to accept an inland BIL and take the biometrics.
do you mind if I dm you?

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Thank you so much for your response. Anyway, I called them every month once since the 4th month mark, they had the same response that eligibility passed but security not started.
I plan to order notes through the atip as I’m an inland applicant. Should I wait till the start of next month or apply today itself. I don’t want to log that on my gcms that I’m desperate for updates(because I called today), just want to play it safe and sane. Any suggestions?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Thank you so much for your response. Anyway, I called them every month once since the 4th month mark, they had the same response that eligibility passed but security not started.
I plan to order notes through the atip as I’m an inland applicant. Should I wait till the start of next month or apply today itself. I don’t want to log that on my gcms that I’m desperate for updates(because I called today), just want to play it safe and sane. Any suggestions?
You can request at anytime, it has no adverse effect. It will take < 30 days to receive the information. Let us know what you learn. All the best.

Reactions: Sharanjeetkaur

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
The GCMS notes are requested and released under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act (for inland), and is handled by a different division of IRCC. Whereas the processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, by another division.

The two processes are not interrelated, except that your re requesting info about your application currently being processed.

Given that your AoR is March, this is a good time to request your GCMS notes as once you receive the notes, you will have a clear picture on the current status of your application and proceed accordingly.

Wanter retwan

Aug 7, 2020
Hello guys,
Just Received my GCMS Notes Asked in 20 august .

Assessments
Eligibility : Passed
Security : Passed
Hirv :
Criminality : Passed
org Crime :
Medical : Passed
Misrepresentation :

Any Sights or comments ?