+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
i paid $1040 + $85+ $100 ... even though i read somewhere that Inland apps do not need to have bio-metrics done....

Also, for my wife- she already had bio-metrics done for her ICT visa... still i paid "Just in case" ... do not want to delay anything...
There is no need to pay the biometrics fee. You should apply for a refund. Also, the OWP is both $100 + $155, so if you only paid $100 I’m afraid your application would be returned

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
ohh.. even if my wife carries the LMIA WORK PERMIT???? her visa is valid till 2020..... i am just applying for OWP...and i read somewhere (cant recall)... that only OWP Holder fee is applicable to me..... any how.. if this comes back because of the fees.. it'll be really disappointing....

Fingers crossed...
I’m not sure about your wife’s permit but when sending OWP with an Inland application the PA needs to pay both fees equaling $255.

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
on my online payment account... the fees is not eligible for refund anymore as "one of the offices are working on this" ... so keeping fingers crossed ... may be they can just ask for a payment receipt and not send the full application back.. lets see...
I think there may be a way to pay the extra fee through a web inquiry but I am not certain. You should start a thread so others who are more knowledgeable than me can answer!

Aquibans

Mar 28, 2019
Hi there everyone!!!
I just discovered this site. I am applying for a Spousal Sponsorship and I wanted to know that if you guys are sending a Personal testimony along with your other supporting documents. Because its not mentioned anywhere on the checklist ?

Thank you

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi there everyone!!!
I just discovered this site. I am applying for a Spousal Sponsorship and I wanted to know that if you guys are sending a Personal testimony along with your other supporting documents. Because its not mentioned anywhere on the checklist ?

Thank you
You should not send anything additional that is not specified in the checklist

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi there everyone!!!

Thank you
If you’re referring to something such as a cover letter, I included a short cover letter with our names, contact info, address, and a very brief paragraph of our backstory. I’ve seen lots of people do this. :)

Aquibans

Mar 28, 2019
If you’re referring to something such as a cover letter, I included a short cover letter with our names, contact info, address, and a very brief paragraph of our backstory. I’ve seen lots of people do this. :)
Yea Cover letter is a good Idea.. But yea I was referring to personal statements from Sponsor or the Principal Applicant.

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Ours was just received this morning! We followed the instructions by the book. No folders, binders, elastics, envelopes or anything like that. At most we used 3 clips, one for the 20 photos, one for the two headshots, and one for our rental agreement (which was huge!!) The only "extra" things we sent were e-mails confirming all of our flights over the years, and some gift receipts. We didn't submit a personal testimony, aside from what was written in IMM5532 (Relationship Information). We just filled up the whole box on that page.

mcvw

Mar 27, 2019
Hi there everyone!!!

Thank you
Hi! We did attach a cover letter, mostly because our story was filled with complicated travels and moves to remote places for our work that I felt the need to clarify the timeline and tell our story in a bit more detail. It's long, but we figured the worst could be they don't need it and skip it.

lady-luck

Mar 29, 2019
Hi everyone! I have a question about extending my status as a visitor.

Application sent: March 9
Application recieved: March 12

My boyfriend is sponsoring me as his common law spouse. He is a Canadian citizen and I am a United States citizen. I currently am on an IEC working holidays work permit, which ends on April 13. I sent in an OWP application along with the PR application. When do I need to apply to extend my visitor status so that I am not "out of status"?

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hi everyone,

Our out land application was returned because of a missing form and now my wife and son are in Canada as visitors. Does that change our situation? Can we still apply outland while she is here with me. They don't plan to go back for the next 5 months at least. They are US citizens and don't need a visa to enter. don't even have an entry stamp on their passport. what route should we follow and how can we make sure that their status is legal?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

Our out land application was returned because of a missing form and now my wife and son are in Canada as visitors. Does that change our situation? Can we still apply outland while she is here with me. They don't plan to go back for the next 5 months at least. They are US citizens and don't need a visa to enter. don't even have an entry stamp on their passport. what route should we follow and how can we make sure that their status is legal?
Yes, you can apply outland from inside Canada on a visitor visa.

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Yes, you can apply outland from inside Canada on a visitor visa.
so what class of application should it be? I guess it should be "Living with sponsor in Canada applying under family class". Correct me if I am wrong. The only problem is the proofs required for living together. The lease is not in her name. She can't have a drivers license on Visitor status. We can't have a joint account. The only proof we have is that we have a child together (who is also here on visitor status) and I have her listed as a beneficiary on the supplemental health care provided by my employer. What kind of proofs can we possibly get?

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Hi everyone! I just sent my spousal sponsorship application yesterday and couldn’t find a thread made yet for March. All inland March 2019 applicants please share here!

My app was received today, March 5 :)

Good luck to everyone!
mine was recieved the same day as yours and i given a temporary application number over the phone by cic call centre agent starting with XF