+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
mine was recieved the same day as yours and i given a temporary application number over the phone by cic call centre agent starting with XF
Really? Can you give me the number to call and are you in the March whatsapp group? We’re you able to link your application?

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
so what class of application should it be? I guess it should be "Living with sponsor in Canada applying under family class". Correct me if I am wrong. The only problem is the proofs required for living together. The lease is not in her name. She can't have a drivers license on Visitor status. We can't have a joint account. The only proof we have is that we have a child together (who is also here on visitor status) and I have her listed as a beneficiary on the supplemental health care provided by my employer. What kind of proofs can we possibly get?
Just a side note for you, remember that if you apply Outland with your wife in Canada as a visitor she will still need to travel outside Canada to give biometrics! Also, she definitely can get a g1 drivers license, my spouse did the week after he entered Canada, they do not ask for any proof of status just ask for your passport :) we used it as part of our application package. Once she has a g1 license you can add her to your insurance policy and submit the option of “vehicle insurance showing same address” and “government issued doc showing same address”

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Hey everyone,

I am a Feb 11th applicant and I just received my AoR today. The average wait for everyone on the Feb forums is 45-48 days. Things are going pretty dang quick. Hopefully it all goes smooth for you!
45-48 days is pretty quick! Thanks so much for letting us know!

akhil923

Dec 7, 2018
Hi All,
I applied for my wife application and it was recieved on 22nd March signed by S wong.
Waiting period starts now
Good luck to all

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Thank you for answering my questions regarding the fees.

So after submitting the sponsorship app I intend to go back to my country for a few weeks and use my vistor visa to come back but it expires by the end of May would that be an issue ? The CIC website says it’s ok as long as it’s still valid at the time of entry but could the immigration at the airport deny entry for the fact that there’s only 20 or less days left on the visa ? Note that I can’t apply for a new one from my home country because I can’t show any ties to it and we would have an app in process
And will I also need a return ticket to my home country? It’s kinda urgent and I’m just not sure what to do here

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Thank you for answering my questions regarding the fees.

So after submitting the sponsorship app I intend to go back to my country for a few weeks and use my vistor visa to come back but it expires by the end of May would that be an issue ? The CIC website says it’s ok as long as it’s still valid at the time of entry but could the immigration at the airport deny entry for the fact that there’s only 20 or less days left on the visa ? Note that I can’t apply for a new one from my home country because I can’t show any ties to it and we would have an app in process
And will I also need a return ticket to my home country? It’s kinda urgent and I’m just not sure what to do here
Every time I've called CIC they have always advised against leaving Canada during the application process. Simply because there is no guarantee you will be allowed back in. Sure it may be unlikely that they will stop you at the border, but it's just safer to not take that risk in the first place. I don't think your visitor's visa will give you a pass to return into Canada. If you do leave and are allowed to return, you would get a new stamp instead.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Every time I've called CIC they have always advised against leaving Canada during the application process. Simply because there is no guarantee you will be allowed back in. Sure it may be unlikely that they will stop you at the border, but it's just safer to not take that risk in the first place. I don't think your visitor's visa will give you a pass to return into Canada. If you do leave and are allowed to return, you would get a new stamp instead.

So you mean even if the visa is valid during the time of the entry I might not be able to enter the country ? I was thinking of taking a short trip for 3 weeks only. I have a family situation and I don’t know if I can leave after I receive the work permit

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019

hquiseo

Mar 28, 2019
Hello, my soon to be wife will be married to me next month, she just recently gave birth to our first newborn child this month of 3rd, we have been living for almost 2 years now we have proofs, but i just got divorce last year december 2018, I am on a skilled NOC B work permit right now and valid until next year. my question is, we will be applying for inland sponsorship after getting married. is it a red flag for spousal sponsorship? if so, when is the best time to apply for spousal? She will also invite her her mom to come for a visit and also witness the wedding here in canada for amonth, will it affect our inland sponsorship inrespect to undertakings? please advise thanks.

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello, my soon to be wife will be married to me next month, she just recently gave birth to our first newborn child this month of 3rd, we have been living for almost 2 years now we have proofs, but i just got divorce last year december 2018, I am on a skilled NOC B work permit right now and valid until next year. my question is, we will be applying for inland sponsorship after getting married. is it a red flag for spousal sponsorship? if so, when is the best time to apply for spousal? She will also invite her her mom to come for a visit and also witness the wedding here in canada for amonth, will it affect our inland sponsorship inrespect to undertakings? please advise thanks.
Hi, can you please clarify who will be the sponsor? As long as you have your divorce certificate I don’t think it should be a problem seeing as you have been living together for 2 years and have a child together. If you can, get a letter from her mother supporting your relationship and marriage :)

hquiseo

Mar 28, 2019
Hi, can you please clarify who will be the sponsor? As long as you have your divorce certificate I don’t think it should be a problem seeing as you have been living together for 2 years and have a child together. If you can, get a letter from her mother supporting your relationship and marriage :)
Hello, my girlfriend is permanent resident and she will sponsor me, she was also divorce from her ex husband her in canada but it was 5 years ago, yes we have a child with my girlfriend. the only thing worries me is i have a child to my previous wife and i am not sure if she will cooperate with the medical as CiC will asked for all dependents. My child in canada is as far as i know is a canadian citizen and doesnt need to be sponsored.

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Hello, my girlfriend is permanent resident and she will sponsor me, she was also divorce from her ex husband her in canada but it was 5 years ago, yes we have a child with my girlfriend. the only thing worries me is i have a child to my previous wife and i am not sure if she will cooperate with the medical as CiC will asked for all dependents. My child in canada is as far as i know is a canadian citizen and doesnt need to be sponsored.
Was she herself sponsored to come to Canada? Did she sponsor her previous husband?

Not to freak you out, but what is considered a "red flag" sort of depends on the officer you get. If she was sponsored by her previous husband and just five years ago divorced him and tried to sponsor you, that could be considered a red flag. Another potential "red flag" would be you having a conjugal relationship with another woman while being married, eventually divorcing your wife, and then marrying the other woman just a few months after the divorce.

While those won't necessarily mean that your application won't be accepted. You should at least be prepared to explain (on your application or during the interview) why those things happened.

You have a skilled workers work permit, how are your prospects of gaining permanent residency through that? If I were in your position I would look at going that route first and foremost. Not just because of the potential flags, but because that route would be faster and more straight-forward.