+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

hquiseo

Mar 28, 2019
Was she herself sponsored to come to Canada? Did she sponsor her previous husband?

Not to freak you out, but what is considered a "red flag" sort of depends on the officer you get. If she was sponsored by her previous husband and just five years ago divorced him and tried to sponsor you, that could be considered a red flag. Another potential "red flag" would be you having a conjugal relationship with another woman while being married, eventually divorcing your wife, and then marrying the other woman just a few months after the divorce.

While those won't necessarily mean that your application won't be accepted. You should at least be prepared to explain (on your application or during the interview) why those things happened.

You have a skilled workers work permit, how are your prospects of gaining permanent residency through that? If I were in your position I would look at going that route first and foremost. Not just because of the potential flags, but because that route would be faster and more straight-forward.
hi thanks for reply, yes was sponsored by her ex husband and landed here on october of 2013 and her got divorce on 2015 i think it was atleast 5 years ago already, my wife is in another country and she wasalready with another guy since 2017 and i started dating my girlfriend here in canada, since then i started my divorce and got approve on december 2018, i have my proofs and everything, yes my work permit take very long time to process permanent residence, would it be fine to apply inland spousal spousal and AINP at the same time to get permanent residency? so thats 2 application for permanent residence is fine?

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Thank you Samantha, the link doesn’t really specify it just says it’s ok if you have a valid visa. I’m thinking What if we postpone the application and I go ? With a non active application and less than a month left on a vistor visa would there be an issue to come back ?
Well, it would still depend. What country are you going to be visiting? If you're visiting the U.S, you would (in theory) be able to request to return to Canada on your original single-entry visa. You can postpone the application, but the application itself wouldn't be what would cause an issue for you to come back.

People are generally advised not to leave the country during the application process in general for a number of reasons. Primarily because of the big "what if". Are you LIKELY to be denied entry on your second time entering the country? No, not if you went to a country like America and brought along documentation to prove your ties to your home country. But just because it isn't likely doesn't mean it will not happen. Anything could stop you, from stupid things like a computer glitch, or a border official having a bad day, to serious things like a criminal record, or not bringing a passport.

No one, not even a border agent or anyone working for the CIC can guarantee that you would be allowed to come back a second time. Simply because it's highly situational. The fact is that leaving Canada will mean taking that risk, and you'll need to weigh that risk against your reason for leaving. Most people will tell you to not take that risk, but if you chose to take it, have a backup plan in place and be prepared to apply for outland sponsorship instead.

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
hi thanks for reply, yes was sponsored by her ex husband and landed here on october of 2013 and her got divorce on 2015 i think it was atleast 5 years ago already, my wife is in another country and she wasalready with another guy since 2017 and i started dating my girlfriend here in canada, since then i started my divorce and got approve on december 2018, i have my proofs and everything, yes my work permit take very long time to process permanent residence, would it be fine to apply inland spousal spousal and AINP at the same time to get permanent residency? so thats 2 application for permanent residence is fine?
Yes, two PR applications are fine so long as they are in a different "stream" or class. So your CEC application wouldn't interfere with your spousal one, just remember to withdraw the remaining one when one of them is processed. Also you would need to pay the fee for both.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/intake-applications-received-on-after-january-1-2015.html

"Foreign nationals may apply for multiple immigration programs at once, as long as they have paid the required cost recovery fees for each program to which they have applied. For example, a foreign national could apply under the CEC if invited to do so through Express Entry, and could also apply under the caring for children class outside of the Express Entry system.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence approved, the applicant must choose the program under which they would like to be granted their permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APRs should be administratively withdrawn and the applicant notified."

hquiseo

Mar 28, 2019
Thank you
Yes, two PR applications are fine so long as they are in a different "stream" or class. So your CEC application wouldn't interfere with your spousal one, just remember to withdraw the remaining one when one of them is processed. Also you would need to pay the fee for both.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/intake-applications-received-on-after-january-1-2015.html

"Foreign nationals may apply for multiple immigration programs at once, as long as they have paid the required cost recovery fees for each program to which they have applied. For example, a foreign national could apply under the CEC if invited to do so through Express Entry, and could also apply under the caring for children class outside of the Express Entry system.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence approved, the applicant must choose the program under which they would like to be granted their permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APRs should be administratively withdrawn and the applicant notified."
thank you so much for the reply these is very informative

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Well, it would still depend. What country are you going to be visiting? If you're visiting the U.S, you would (in theory) be able to request to return to Canada on your original single-entry visa. You can postpone the application, but the application itself wouldn't be what would cause an issue for you to come back.

People are generally advised not to leave the country during the application process in general for a number of reasons. Primarily because of the big "what if". Are you LIKELY to be denied entry on your second time entering the country? No, not if you went to a country like America and brought along documentation to prove your ties to your home country. But just because it isn't likely doesn't mean it will not happen. Anything could stop you, from stupid things like a computer glitch, or a border official having a bad day, to serious things like a criminal record, or not bringing a passport.

No one, not even a border agent or anyone working for the CIC can guarantee that you would be allowed to come back a second time. Simply because it's highly situational. The fact is that leaving Canada will mean taking that risk, and you'll need to weigh that risk against your reason for leaving. Most people will tell you to not take that risk, but if you chose to take it, have a backup plan in place and be prepared to apply for outland sponsorship instead.

Thank you so much Samantha. I called CIC and what she suggested is postponing the app and said that as long as you have a valid visa you’re more likely to be granted entry just be prepared for questions about the short trip since I spent 3 months in Canada and will leave for only 3 weeks and come back. My only reason is that I would like to go and see my family since they’re going through something and I wanted to do it before starting the Sponsorship app since it takes a year or maybe more and I haven’t seen them almost for 2 years. So I don’t know what I can do in this situation knowing that it’s gonna be hard to get a new vistor visa as spouse of a Canadian citizen, and an Outland app is not an option for a same sex couple one of them comes from a Muslim country and we can’t risk that for security reasons. I was just hoping to use the remaining time on my visitor visa to make this trip. Sorry I just feel helpless.

hquiseo

Mar 28, 2019
Hi my sponsor was sponsored by her previous spouse landed in Canada in January of 2013, they got a divorce and is now sponsoring me as spouse in canada class, is my sponsor eligible to sponsor? since i think it is already more than 5 years now since the date of her landing. As per CIC 5 year bar to sponsorship. Please please advise. thanks in advance

Neo_LC

Nov 30, 2016
Can i ask you what was the reason for them to return it?
Mine was received 15/01 returned 08/03 received second time 12/03.
Let's the time game begin
Hi Barak85, Manpreetkmannu, Tayrg,

Did you send any cover letter when re-submitting your application? If yes, what did you mention in the cover letter.

Just want to be sure, as I will be re-submitting my application soon. My initial application was returned due to missing PCC certificate. Thanks for your help in advance.

Barak85

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019

Did you send any cover letter when re-submitting your application? If yes, what did you mention in the cover letter.

Just want to be sure, as I will be re-submitting my application soon. My initial application was returned due to missing PCC certificate. Thanks for your help in advance.
Didn't send cover letter as it was only marriage certificate Of course i printed everything to be updated, and delivered

Last edited:

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017

No, I didn’t send any cover letter. Instead I placed the letter, which they sent me when they returned the file, on the top of the file so they know what they asked for is there this time. It was a simple page on which they just highlight the information which is missing in the file.

peter897

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi everyone! I sent my inland spousal sponsorship application delivered on March 29th. I was wondering what is the next step, how long before we'll get her file number and how do I track the application before getting the file number.

Thank you and good luck!

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi everyone! I sent my inland spousal sponsorship application delivered on March 29th. I was wondering what is the next step, how long before we'll get her file number and how do I track the application before getting the file number.

Thank you and good luck!
Hi, welcome to the March 2019 inland forum. As per ongoing average timelines, we can expect “AOR” between 45-60 days. And that is when you will get the file number and you will be able to link you application with your GC Key account online. However some applicants were able to link their accounts online few days before they received their AORs.
So, After the submission AOR is the first step.
Second step will be the medical request which you will get within a week time of receiving AOR (as per current processing time estimates)
Third, OWP will be approved between 2-4 weeks after your medical request.

Good luck !

Reactions: peter897

Linka93

Nov 23, 2017
Toronto

Thank you and good luck!
They are sending AOR for people in mid Feb
I am March 8th :)

Reactions: peter897

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi.. Any march applicant(INLAND) with AOR??

Tracker shows lot of OUTLAND MARCH applicants already with AOR's....
As @Linka93 mentionned above, mid-February applicants have been getting AOR recently, so it’ll probably be another 2-3 weeks before March applicants start receiving theirs. Inland/Outland have a different process so following other people in this thread will give you a better idea of when you should receive yours!

Neo_LC

Nov 30, 2016
No, I didn’t send any cover letter. Instead I placed the letter, which they sent me when they returned the file, on the top of the file so they know what they asked for is there this time. It was a simple page on which they just highlight the information which is missing in the file.
Thanks for your reply Barak85 and Tayrg :)