+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if someone is in the same situation and can help us with this one

I submit a web form to find out the status of our application as we sent it to Sydney office in March and tracked courier says it was received on March 25. But according to IRCC call centre representative advised inland application goes to Mississauga.

So, we got a reply of the web form and they are saying that they have received our outland family spousal sponsorship application but now we are confused why they are treating it as outland as we mentioned in the forms that spouse is living in Canada together and submitted it as an Inland application. Now we are worried they will send it back as the application might not have documents they would ask for an outland application. They have also mentioned that work permit application is not available in the system yet. Because of the mistake they have made it in the march checklist. Not sure what should I do now.

Ia m sorry to hear about your situation. I don't think if someone has or is going through the similar situation from this forum of "March inland 2019". This is very unfortunate situation though and I wish they just transfer you application to the right office in Missisauga so they can process it as inland application. Otherwise there are different requirements for outland application process.

Papaski

May 18, 2019
I wouldn't take that bet. I would provide them again if I were you just to be safe. They don't hold your spot in line if they sent your application back, so they would have no reason to save a few parts of your application. I would guess it was a mistake on their part. Definitely include everything again.
Please I am in the same situation, I sent my own OWP application back without the supporting documents thinking they have it already and was received on May 3.
Can I send the supporting documents back to them stating my application numbers and other information?
I don’t want them to return back my application for lack of supporting documents, as I will be out of status by then.
Please what’s your advice?

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Please I am in the same situation, I sent my own OWP application back without the supporting documents thinking they have it already and was received on May 3.
Can I send the supporting documents back to them stating my application numbers and other information?
I don’t want them to return back my application for lack of supporting documents, as I will be out of status by then.
Please what’s your advice?
1. You can try sending documents by the web form. They take 3-5 business days to receive your documents by web form and then send you confirmation of receipt. Explain the reason that why you couldn’t send the documents along with the application at first stage. (Probably that’s your best shot at the moment).

2. ***Please be ready to file “Extension of visitor status” before your current visitor status expires. You can do this online and it will cost you only $100 but it will save you from going out of status in case if your OWP comes back for any ABC reason (hopefully it won’t happen- I wish). ***

Nana1113

May 8, 2019
Hi Guys,
Can anyone here clarifies this,
I saw this thread inland spousal 2018.
they have this called “ Ghost update” and landing interview what does it mean?
and after our medical exam recived , how long we are going to wait for BGC?

Ours time line was
March 21- sent through Post office
March 25- AOR
OWP approval-May 13
OWP mail recieved- May 14
May 14- Medical request
Medical exam- May 24
june 5-medical result recieved
BGC- still waiting
AIP- Still waiting
SAP-still waiting
DM-Still waiting
Inland interview-( we dont know this part if its neccesary)

Kath4393249

Apr 29, 2019
Is there anyone with March inland sponsorship application who have not received their open work permit yet?

I am a March 13 applicant with timeline:

application received March 13,2019
AOR:April 26,2019
Medical Request: May 22,2019
Medical done: May 25,2019
Medical passed: June 6,2019
OWP: still waiting

Papaski

May 18, 2019
Is there anyone with March inland sponsorship application who have not received their open work permit yet?

I am still waiting for my OWP too, mine was returned due to insufficient payment in April and I have been waiting since then.

Andrewj11

May 15, 2019

I’m still waiting on mine, March 11th mine was received. Mine might be being treated as an extension though because I’m already working on an OWP and the processing timeline for an extension is about 115 days at the moment.

gthom

May 12, 2019
Hi
Hopefully someone can help me.
Sponsorship application received March 8 and AOR on May 10.. I’m PR and my wife is on post graduation work Permit, which is going to expire September last week 2019 ,. We didn’t think about submitting open work Permit while we send our application package. Now We’re worried about her status in Canada and what is going to happen after September. So my question is
1) can I add/apply open work Permit now with my sponsorship application even though we have received AOR from IRCC.
2) could we apply through paper application or apply via mycic account online.? because i heard we could apply via online from june 02 2019.

godzilla3456

Jun 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-11-2013

I'm also waiting for my OWP. My application was received on March 25th but didn't got my work permit till now. I had called them couple of times and they said the time line for work permit is 4 months and wait till July 18th. Got the same answer every time.... so gave up calling them to get more info. I was not even able to link my application in GC Key. :(

Are you able to link ur work permit application?

Papaski

May 18, 2019
Hello house, I am planning to travel home for a week in July, I need to attend to a critical issue. My OWP is not out yet, I have spent over 6 months in Canada, I have a 4 year visa and my PR is still under processing and I passed my medical too. I am only going to be out of the country for a week, I need advice please.

I hope there won’t be any issue coming back into the country, any advice and suggestions please?

davey

Jun 27, 2016
Hello house, I am planning to travel home for a week in July, I need to attend to a critical issue. My OWP is not out yet, I have spent over 6 months in Canada, I have a 4 year visa and my PR is still under processing and I passed my medical too. I am only going to be out of the country for a week, I need advice please.

I hope there won’t be any issue coming back into the country, any advice and suggestions please?
Are you being sponsored? My understanding is if your visa is for multiple entries and you have not overstayed the number of weeks permitted under each entry, then you can go and come back.
OWP and Temporary resident visa speak to different scenarios: the former is to allow you to work legally and the latter for you to stay in Canada as a visitor, tourist.
That said any non-canadian can be refused entry at any border/entry point for other reasons so there is that slight occurrence.

Papaski

May 18, 2019
Are you being sponsored? My understanding is if your visa is for multiple entries and you have not overstayed the number of weeks permitted under each entry, then you can go and come back.
OWP and Temporary resident visa speak to different scenarios: the former is to allow you to work legally and the latter for you to stay in Canada as a visitor, tourist.
That said any non-canadian can be refused entry at any border/entry point for other reasons so there is that slight occurrence.
Yes, I am being sponsored by my wife. I came into Canada on December 9th, 2018, which means I have spent over 6 months inside. My OWP isn't out yet, I have done medical and I only want to go for just a week.

TrishGerbs

May 21, 2019
I am still waiting for my OWP too, mine was returned due to insufficient payment in April and I have been waiting since then.
I'm in the same boat. Also submitted OWP in March, returned, resubmitted May 7, insufficient fees. No response yet.

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
Also still don't have OWP as a March 11 applicant. I called about a week ago and it turns out they had me listed as having applied out-of-status, even though I applied for an extension before my status ran out. That was llike...the whole point of me applying for the extension in the first place.

So now I have to hope the agent sent the Reconsideration Request telling the agents responsible for processing my permit that they messed up, like he said he would, and then wait to hear back what the decision is. Ridiculous.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Also still don't have OWP as a March 11 applicant. I called about a week ago and it turns out they had me listed as having applied out-of-status, even though I applied for an extension before my status ran out. That was llike...the whole point of me applying for the extension in the first place.

So now I have to hope the agent sent the Reconsideration Request telling the agents responsible for processing my permit that they messed up, like he said he would, and then wait to hear back what the decision is. Ridiculous.
That’s awful. But I wonder how do they treat applicants applied for PR when they were awaiting to get a decision on “restoration of status” applications and hold a implied status due to their restoration of status application which was submitted prior to the PR application.
Do you think they will issue the OWP once “Restoration” is approved or they will wait until “AIP” ????