Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Congratulations by this time you might have become proud Canadian. Will you please share your joyful moments as to how many persons took oath and as to whether there was any fear of Coronavirus as my oath is due on 31st mar at scarborough. Enjoy life in Canada
Sorry for the late reply, yes I did have my oath on March 10 all my family. Proud Canadian now. There were around 90 who took oath. It was exactly 1 hour ceremony. I am sorry to see all the ceremony canceled due to covid 19...iam sure it's a very stressful situation. All stay safe and strong, we will get through this...

Canadiana2001

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I think it is perfect time for IRCC to start offering some services online. Things like oath etc can be easily handled online as most of the testing and interviews are done and the backlog can be easily cleared by making use of this downtime.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
I think it is perfect time for IRCC to start offering some services online. Things like oath etc can be easily handled online as most of the testing and interviews are done and the backlog can be easily cleared by making use of this downtime.
I agree with you. IRCC must evolve a method through which every person is given his right. We all have seen that for the last 6 months so many persons appearing in interview were called for oath next day. Every CPC office right from Scarborough, Mississauga to BC and other province many persons have been given opportunity to attend oath on the following day or within couple of days as such denying right of persons who were waiting for oath for more than 1 to 6 months after interview and earlier to those persons who have taken oath. No doubt that we are happy for the persons who were called for oath next day and have no jealous for them but the persons waiting for oath have no fault of their to suffer, specially in the current situation. There are many applicant who have already crossed stipulated 12 months period from the date of application. It will be better and appropriate if any senior person who has become citizen should take care of the forum members. Such senior person who volunteer for this common cause should evolve the type of representation to be sent by each and every forum members to IRCC who are waiting for the oath compelling them to think over the issue.

IRCC can ask the concerned persons to sign the oath and submit their PR card and COPR along with OATH duly witnessed by Notary Public and after verifying the signatures , cancelling PR card and compare signatures and other details , IRCC can send Citizenship certificate by post. Every thing is now digital so any innovative step by IRCC will be appreciated by each and every one. Submitted

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
I agree with you. IRCC must evolve a method through which every person is given his right. We all have seen that for the last 6 months so many persons appearing in interview were called for oath next day. Every CPC office right from Scarborough, Mississauga to BC and other province many persons have been given opportunity to attend oath on the following day or within couple of days as such denying right of persons who were waiting for oath for more than 1 to 6 months after interview and earlier to those persons who have taken oath. No doubt that we are happy for the persons who were called for oath next day and have no jealous for them but the persons waiting for oath have no fault of their to suffer, specially in the current situation. There are many applicant who have already crossed stipulated 12 months period from the date of application. It will be better and appropriate if any senior person who has become citizen should take care of the forum members. Such senior person who volunteer for this common cause should evolve the type of representation to be sent by each and every forum members to IRCC who are waiting for the oath compelling them to think over the issue.

IRCC can ask the concerned persons to sign the oath and submit their PR card and COPR along with OATH duly witnessed by Notary Public and after verifying the signatures , cancelling PR card and compare signatures and other details , IRCC can send Citizenship certificate by post. Every thing is now digital so any innovative step by IRCC will be appreciated by each and every one. Submitted

WoOz

Jan 29, 2020

Could not agree more!

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
My application was received on 20th March last year. It's been one whole year and I still have to receive a test invite. Due to this coronavirus, I don't know how long will it take.

Pasar86

Sep 4, 2019
You are not alone my friend. I'm still waiting for my test invite as well.

Here is mt time line:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 22, 2019.

Sobea

Nov 30, 2019
My application was received on 20th March last year. It's been one whole year and I still have to receive a test invite. Due to this coronavirus, I don't know how long will it take.
My application was received 8 March 2019. Still waiting for test invite ‍

Wichen12

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
My application was received march 15 i got my test on 27 January angot in invited for ceremony on the 4 march im canadian now hope you the best my friend its gonna take so long with this corona now

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
... have no jealous for them but the persons waiting for oath have no fault of their to suffer, specially in the current situation. ....
Even those of us who luckily got through it at the last moment and were allowed to take the oath, are stuck now because the passport service is suspended. But, personally, I do not mind, because, given the reality of Corona, even if miraculously I am given a passport now I will not be willing to travel any time soon. Besides, Canadians all around the world have been asked to come back home.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Guys I got my Canadian Passport, can someone tell can I go and surrender my Indian passport to it is closed because of virus issue.