+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2019 Citizenship Applications

sasa19091

Feb 14, 2012
Even those of us who luckily got through it at the last moment and were allowed to take the oath, are stuck now because the passport service is suspended. But, personally, I do not mind, because, given the reality of Corona, even if miraculously I am given a passport now I will not be willing to travel any time soon. Besides, Canadians all around the world have been asked to come back home.
I know passport applications are not accepted at the passport offices/service Canada at this time, but do you know if we can still apply by mail or mailing applications is for urgent cases only, the website isnot clear and I can’t find a number to call that would let me speak to an actual agent, it is all just recorded information.Thanks!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I know passport applications are not accepted at the passport offices/service Canada at this time, but do you know if we can still apply by mail or mailing applications is for urgent cases only, the website isnot clear and I can’t find a number to call that would let me speak to an actual agent, it is all just recorded information.Thanks!
It’s only urgent cases where you have to fill an online form explaining your reason. All applications (in person and online) have paused.

Last edited:

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
My application was received on 20th March last year. It's been one whole year and I still have to receive a test invite. Due to this coronavirus, I don't know how long will it take.
Hi, sorry to hear that. How many days of physical presence you had at the time of application?

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi guys,
I need your advice. I know that the duration of physical presence in Canada before the application for the Canadian citizenship should be at least 1095 days.
But I was advised to wait longer to make my application look better, with the goal of hopefuly this will make the process time of my application shorter and interview easier, maybe??

I am ready to mail my application, this Tuesday, but hesitating between doing it on March 31st which will correspond to 1103 days of physical presence, or waiting untill the first week of April, add another 7 days, so I will postpone mailing it until April 7th, to get 1110 days.
Is it really worth it to postpone mailing the application another week and send it in April instead of March?
Please friends who have sent it with less than 1100 days, could you please give me your own experience if this had an impact on the delay of receiving invitation for the interview etc ...?
Thanks a lot for your help.

mehrajv

Oct 15, 2016
Hi guys,
I need your advice. I know that the duration of physical presence in Canada before the application for the Canadian citizenship should be at least 1095 days.
But I was advised to wait longer to make my application look better, with the goal of hopefuly this will make the process time of my application shorter and interview easier, maybe??

I am ready to mail my application, this Tuesday, but hesitating between doing it on March 31st which will correspond to 1103 days of physical presence, or waiting untill the first week of April, add another 7 days, so I will postpone mailing it until April 7th, to get 1110 days.
Is it really worth it to postpone mailing the application another week and send it in April instead of March?
Please friends who have sent it with less than 1100 days, could you please give me your own experience if this had an impact on the delay of receiving invitation for the interview etc ...?
One is eligible to apply after meeting all the criteria including the physical presence for at least 1095 days. I do not think that longer you stay, quicker will your application be processed.

Reactions: Imy2020

mehrajv

Oct 15, 2016
My application was received on 20th March last year. It's been one whole year and I still have to receive a test invite. Due to this coronavirus, I don't know how long will it take.
Hey bud, hang on tight. It should be coming soon for you, the test invite. All the best! Stay healthy and safe!

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi guys,

If you are very sure about physical presence calculations, then you must post application immediately. I have seen so many members got citizenship even with 1095 days. In my cade my interview was successful with 1100.5 days. wish u all the best.

Reactions: Imy2020

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
If you are very sure about physical presence calculations, then you must post application immediately. I have seen so many members got citizenship even with 1095 days. In my cade my interview was successful with 1100.5 days. wish u all the best.
Thank you very much!

Mac0001

Feb 4, 2020
Received my Canadian Passport today from Passport office in Mississauga. I applied for Passport on April 01,2020 and got it next day which is today April 02,2020. Extremely fast service
This journey has finally ended.
Here is the time frame
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 3, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 31, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 18, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 11, 2020 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on March 12, 2020.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Received my Canadian Passport today from Passport office in Mississauga. I applied for Passport on April 01,2020 and got it next day which is today April 02,2020. Extremely fast service
This journey has finally ended.
Here is the time frame
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 3, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 31, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 18, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 11, 2020 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on March 12, 2020.
How did you manage to get a passport, I thought all passport services were closed until further notice?

Silveira

Mar 23, 2018
Updating mine as I haven't in awhile, I had to ask for a new test date, DO NOT DO THIS, show up. Took me almost 6 months to get another test date in Montreal.

App. Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1354
App. Sent: March 19, 2019
App. Received: March 21, 2019
AOR: May 30, 2019
In Process: July 9, 2019
Test Invite: August 8, 2019
Test Date: August 30, 2019

I had to postpone the test due to work trip. Huge mistake. Montreal office is the worst.

Test Invite: January 23, 2020
Test Date: February 18, 2020
Decision Made: May 25, 2020