+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Asesino

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Received golden mail today morning! Thanks everyone for encouraging posts. This forum has been a constant support.
ITA Jan 2019
AOR 29 March 2019
ADR 16Oct 2019
Document submitted 19 Oct
PPR 23 November
Hi congrats, just out of curiosity was your file on review required?

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi

I need your help. It's urgent. I received my COPR and passport stamped last week. But they issued COPR for a very short period of time which will expire on 4th Jan 2020. I am planning to fly to Canada on 21st of december. As I heard that it takes 2 months time to issue the new permanent residence card once you land to Canada. My question is my COPR might get expires before receiving my permanent residence card after I land to Canada. As my COPR will remain valid for a few days after I land it to Canada, there is a chance that I will receive my PR card after the expiry of the COPR. My question is how long the COPR is valid after you land it to Canada? Is it safe to land Canada 1 month before the expiry date of COPR?? Please let me know it's urgent.

Nash_jam

Mar 18, 2013
Hi

I need your help. It's urgent. I received my COPR and passport stamped last week. But they issued COPR for a very short period of time which will expire on 4th Jan 2020. I am planning to fly to Canada on 21st of december. As I heard that it takes 2 months time to issue the new permanent residence card once you land to Canada. My question is my COPR might get expires before receiving my permanent residence card after I land to Canada. As my COPR will remain valid for a few days after I land it to Canada, there is a chance that I will receive my PR card after the expiry of the COPR. My question is how long the COPR is valid after you land it to Canada? Is it safe to land Canada 1 month before the expiry date of COPR?? Please let me know it's urgent.
You have to travel before 4th of January. Once you land then you are a permanent resident and COPR date is irrelevant. Very important to land before 4th January else you will have to do medical again for a new COPR with extended date.

MeemNoon

Nov 19, 2019
Received an email from London VO yesterday, calling for an interview to Abu Dhabi.
I am the primary applicant with non accompanying spouse.
Now the issue is they have called both of us to Abu Dhabi for the interview on 19th December but my husband cannot go out of country at the moment due to job commitments.
We’re in quite a fix on how to handle this situation. Can’t even find any similar situation in any thread.
If anyone can please share there experience or anything they’ve heard of about such cases.
Can we request them to take the interview in home country?

vish123

Apr 5, 2019
I received a reply for the call that I had with the agent nearly three weeks ago.

Good day
This email is in response to an enquiry made via the IRCC Call Centre regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please be advised that your application is currently in queue awaiting review by an officer. Notification will be sent in due course.

Seems like the wait continues. My AOR is 28th March. Three more days to 8 months.

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
Congrats!
I think you might try to call them or you may ask the VFS in India.
If I may ask, why did you chose Canada? Why you did not apply for PR(or whatever they call it) in Australia?
Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't eligible to apply for a PR in Australia because even though my occupation is on their shortage list, they have no assessing authority to assess my educational qualifications. Degree assessment is the first step to apply for a PR in Australia just like Canada.

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

Finally submitted my passport at the Mumbai, India office today. I was stuck in a confusing situation and I think it might be helpful if anyone else is stuck in a similar situation. Here's what happened -

I was living in Sydney, Australia on a work visa when I applied for PR. My Australian work visa ended in October and I moved back to my hometown Mumbai, India. I sent 3 webform requests to update my contact details immediately after moving back to India, however, I still haven't got any response to any of the requests.

Meanwhile, I got an email from the Sydney, Australia VO to submit my passports to any VAC in Australia, New Zealand or Fiji. The email was very vague and confusing and did not mention the exact steps to submit the passports. I contacted the VFS office in Mumbai, India to ask them if I can submit the passports to Mumbai office or to the Sydney office. However, they asked me to contact the Immigration Department in Delhi, India directly to confirm the submission of my passports.

I emailed both the Sydney and Delhi Immigration Offices to ask if I can submit the passports to Mumbai office. But these offices generally take anywhere between 10-15 days to respond. So I decided to just visit the VFS Mumbai, India office and ask them in person if I can submit the passports to them along with my documents and photos.

They initially refused to accept my passports saying that they need a proper PPR letter and not an email to accept my passports. However, the email was so vague that they finally agreed to call the Delhi office and ask them if the passports can be submitted at the Mumbai office. I think they then scanned the letter and sent it to Delhi office and they finally said that they will accept my passports at the Mumbai VFS office after 2 hours of waiting. Submitted my passports and they said that I will get them back with the visa within 7 days.

I am pretty sure that there won't be anyone else stuck in this similar situation, but if there is anyone, may be this can be helpful to them.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
All , Please update list when u get PPR or if u are not in the list and waiting, please add.
The list of applicant who are still waiting:
1. mesho >>> March 23 >>> Vancouver
2. a.misra89>>> March 5 >>> Montreal
3. Raghu>>> March 18 >>>Montreal
4. Vineetha >>>March 22 >>> Ottawa
5. Ripster>>March24>>Sydney (Nov15th update Eligibility in Review,Security Not started)
6. sm999 >>> March 19 >>> Sydney, NS
7. Div>> March 6 >> Montreal
8. PandaOnCloud >> March 8 >> Sydney, NS
9. Vish >> March 28 >> Ottawa
10. dipsam>> March 6 >> Sydney, NS
11. Balha >> March 22 >> Sydney, NS
12. Jalil8882>> March 22>> Montreal
13. Obi>>>March 1>>>Ottawa (from GCMS notes, Eligibility Passed, Criminality Passed Medical Passed)
14. cutiecube>>> March 2>>>Sydney, NS
15. vyoma>> Mar 11>> Ottawa
16. abvjav>> Mar 3>>SYDNEY
17. ortiz91>>Mar 23>>Ottawa
18. Nash_jam>>Mar 21>> Don't know
19 > Vishal shah>March 12
20. Hania >>March 6>> Ottawa >>Nov 15 PPR
21. sharon>>March 29>> Ottawa
22. seekingPR >> March 19 >> Montreal
23. Salman...March 22....Sydney NS
24. Sam...March 21....Sydney NS
25.Arsen Lupin >> Feb 27 >> Montreal
26. Schadenfraude >> Mar 19 >> Sydney NS
27. 1hrprt1>> March 23 >>Sydney NS
28.MeemNoon>>March 21>>Don’t know
29. GS>>>March 1>>>Ottawa (from GCMS notes, Eligibility Passed, Criminality Passed Medical Passed on 22nd August) S.15(1) mark on security
30. ksrikond>>Mar 29 >> Not sure yet.