+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step by Step Instructions to Connect with CIC Agent from out side Canada - Update Oct 2019

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I spent of lot time to find this answer but no one had a clear answer but i have a working and Tested solution as of today and talked to a very nice Agent this morning.

• Download https://www.fongo.com/ Fongo App on your device
    1. Pay $5 for the App on Apple or Android
    2. All Canada Calls are free from the App using Wifi after you bought the App.
  • Time to call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 using Fongo App
    • Don't Call in middle of day
    • Call early morning hours- least wait
    • Sometime they will say they cannot connect , dnt worry keep trying
    • Morning wait is usually 6-10 minutes maybe more but u will be connected
  • Important Steps to Connect
    • Listen to all automated instructions
    • Wait for them to complete what automated instructions are saying before entering any keypad response.
    • Automated system will never find your file, dnt worry, keep entering your file Id & date of birth
    • At the end it will say to press a number to get connected to the Live Agent
    • Now depending upon time of day you call, u will get connected or u ll have to call back or hold. If hold time is 20-30 minutes just hangup not worth it as u might get cut off in middle of wait.
  • Discussion with Agent:
    • Agent will ask few questions to verify.
    • At the end they will inform you what is pending what is done on your file
    • They have no idea about how much more time it will take so don't bother them thats of no use.
    • Its better to call after 6 months have passed.
Hope this helps. Let me know if any queries.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I spent of lot time to find this answer but no one had a clear answer but i have a working and Tested solution as of today and talked to a very nice Agent this morning.

• Download https://www.fongo.com/ Fongo App on your device
    1. Pay $5 for the App on Apple or Android
    2. All Canada Calls are free from the App using Wifi after you bought the App.
  • Time to call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 using Fongo App
    • Don't Call in middle of day
    • Call early morning hours- least wait
    • Sometime they will say they cannot connect , dnt worry keep trying
    • Morning wait is usually 6-10 minutes maybe more but u will be connected
  • Important Steps to Connect
    • Listen to all automated instructions
    • Wait for them to complete what automated instructions are saying before entering any keypad response.
    • Automated system will never find your file, dnt worry, keep entering your file Id & date of birth
    • At the end it will say to press a number to get connected to the Live Agent
    • Now depending upon time of day you call, u will get connected or u ll have to call back or hold. If hold time is 20-30 minutes just hangup not worth it as u might get cut off in middle of wait.
  • Discussion with Agent:
    • Agent will ask few questions to verify.
    • At the end they will inform you what is pending what is done on your file
    • They have no idea about how much more time it will take so don't bother them thats of no use.
    • Its better to call after 6 months have passed.
Hope this helps. Let me know if any queries.
Are you sure that still working ? Because I bought Canadian land phone number and didn't work with IRCC number . I understand from the site which I bought from them that VOIP numbers were not able to call this free toll service because its blocked from their side.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Are you sure that still working ? Because I bought Canadian land phone number and didn't work with IRCC number . I understand from the site which I bought from them that VOIP numbers were not able to call this free toll service because its blocked from their side.
Yes, It works everytime. I ll call again tmro and let u know.

Reactions: YoYo81

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Hello , Did you tried?
Yes, I called again today, at 7.20 CST 8.20 EST, i had 15 minute hold time.
Worked like charm as per steps i mentioned.
(I came to know my file is stuck at Sydney VO )

Anyways, please try tmro and follow the steps i mentioned. Not sure why it is not working for you.

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yes, I called again today, at 7.20 CST 8.20 EST, i had 15 minute hold time.
Worked like charm as per steps i mentioned.
(I came to know my file is stuck at Sydney VO )

Anyways, please try tmro and follow the steps i mentioned. Not sure why it is not working for you.
I’ll try tomorrow.Thank you