Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@comet7700 @legalfalcon

AOR 26th March here. I just know that my file has moved from CIO Sydney Nova Scotia to canadian visa office in London, England . Don’t know anything else. I had emailed CIC to ask whether I’d passed eligibility/criminality/security check nearly a month ago and they said i need to get in touch with the London VO directly. I emailed the London VO the same day through webform query but I haven’t received a reply from them till now(its been a month) . So far i have received a notification of application being updated via email on 9th May. Then a ghost update in last week of June.

Do you suggest if i stay put or try to know the status? I have no idea how to reach the London VO other than webform
I would suggest not to wait for email response. No one I know has gotten any useful response over email. To check on your application, its best to call (faster) or get GCMS notes. However, what you have said, sounds like things are moving well for you considering the file moving to LVO and the ghost update. If you can... be patient. If not, call them :)

vshl

Mar 9, 2019
got CoPR Today...24 hrs within ghost update. However,status for profile remains unchanged. It may change once visa is stamped on passport.

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
@legalfalcon
Hi.. I am FSW-O India
AOR 29 April
MEP 10 june BIL 12 June
Received ADR two days before medical, which was provided and updated.
I called CIC yesterday and got the following response..
Security passed eligibility and criminality not yet started. My file is in ottawa right now and everything seems good till now. The officer is doing the background check.

My concern is whether Ottawa is cic or cpc and does this means that my file has not even been started in respect of eligibility. How much time will ppr take from this point. I will complete the 90 day mark on 29th July.
Please throw some light as I am really tensed after gething this info.
Thanks!!

true info mhb

Jul 3, 2019
Hey guys,

Im an aor 4th march, 2 dependants, indian nationality.

Its strange to see soo many march/april aors get ghost updates/ppr's but i still havent got any even though my aor is before soo many.

Upon calling cic, i was informed bg chck is in process and criminality has been passee.beyond that nothing.

Any advise anyone on what may be the issue ?

check your email id you will get PPR email asap.

EliasAK

Sep 16, 2018
hello,
i called the cic agents yest, he told me criminality passed,
background check started but not done yet,
security check not started,
eligibility not started,
how much you think they need time?
is the security check part of background check?
aor 6 march
center ottawa

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
hello,
i called the cic agents yest, he told me criminality passed,
background check started but not done yet,
security check not started,
eligibility not started,
how much you think they need time?
is the security check part of background check?
aor 6 march
center ottawa
I also called cic yesterday and got the same response..can't understand why our file is taking so much time as many from April have got their ppr.
My file is also at ottawa

Chanpreetkaur20

Jun 12, 2019
@legalfalcon
Hi.. I am FSW-O India
AOR 29 April
MEP 10 june BIL 12 June
Received ADR two days before medical, which was provided and updated.
I called CIC yesterday and got the following response..
Security passed eligibility and criminality not yet started. My file is in ottawa right now and everything seems good till now. The officer is doing the background check.

My concern is whether Ottawa is cic or cpc and does this means that my file has not even been started in respect of eligibility. How much time will ppr take from this point. I will complete the 90 day mark on 29th July.
Please throw some light as I am really tensed after gething this info.
Thanks!!
Hi... m having same timeline... wat is ur bg status?? Hv u received any ghost update??

minimo90

Mar 24, 2019
Thank you.

Today my profile is showing application/profile updated. Any idea what that means?
Hi Teena, I remember, you like me had an employment doc discrepancy. Were you able to resolve that? You have a ghost update now so I am guessing all good. :) Can you please share how many applicants do you have, only asking coz I have similar timeline to yours? Also what’s your NOC?

TEENA SUSAN

Jun 3, 2019
Hi Teena, I remember, you like me had an employment doc discrepancy. Were you able to resolve that? You have a ghost update now so I am guessing all good. :) Can you please share how many applicants do you have, only asking coz I have similar timeline to yours? Also what’s your NOC?
Hi,
I kept a letter of explaination along with the application.

I dont know if it worked, I still don't know if I got the PPR mail. My consultant hasn't mailed me yet. I will know tomorrow probably.

TEENA SUSAN

Jun 3, 2019
I am single applicant with NOC 1112 and 1221.

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
As a thumb rule, FDs are not considered. The funds have to be liquid. Does not matter how old the FD was, or when it is maturing. If you can get your 19k CAD through liquid, I suggest you submit a CSE showing the proof and LOE if needed.
Well, I read many times in this forum that FDs are absolutely fine. If it's less than 6months, they might question the source, but then again I provided all the explanations. And it's not like they didn't consider the FDs at all. I didn't keep much balance in my savings account and most of them were in FDs. Indian Fixed Deposits can be liquidated anytime (except tax-savings ones that are clearly mentioned as such). I can't figure out what exactly the agent omitted from his calculations.

However, I'm planning to play safe and liquidate my FDs to cover the required amount and raise a CSE with the new statements.