Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Got Ghost update today... when I logged in, PR status showed as updated but there wasn't any change in any column. When I re-logged in PR status changed back to submitted. Didn't got an email as well. Seems it's wait and watch game for now.
What's your AOR and timeline?

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
Hey guys,

Im an aor 4th march, 2 dependants, indian nationality.

Its strange to see soo many march/april aors get ghost updates/ppr's but i still havent got any even though my aor is before soo many.

Upon calling cic, i was informed bg chck is in process and criminality has been passee.beyond that nothing.

Any advise anyone on what may be the issue ?

Reactions: jigesh

Geneeeeeee

Nov 12, 2018
Hey guys,

Its strange to see soo many march/april aors get ghost updates/ppr's but i still havent got any even though my aor is before soo many.

Upon calling cic, i was informed bg chck is in process and criminality has been passee.beyond that nothing.

This is the same case with me. March 15 AOR with no updates :(

true info mhb

Jul 3, 2019
Did anything change in your application status page after you got the mail?

I have given my consultant's email Id in my application, so I will know about PPR only after he tells me. I'm tensed that he will miss the mail.

application status is same in progress so wait for email only need to check on daily basis

true info mhb

Jul 3, 2019
Did anything change in your application status page after you got the mail?

I have given my consultant's email Id in my application, so I will know about PPR only after he tells me. I'm tensed that he will miss the mail.

no need to take tension you just have to check your email on regular basis because application status doesnt change only email will come on first so keep tracking

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
I was pondering on when to let them know about this and surprisingly came another ADR request from CIC asking us to send Schedule A IMM 5669E. After submitting the documents, it was a big surprise that PPR mail came. Dropped a note to CIC about submitting passports from Japan. Will keep everyone posted and thank you so much man for being around. Here is my latest timeline:

NO.OF. APPL: 3
CATEGORY : FSW-O
AOR - MAR 23
MEP - MAY 6
ADR - JUL 16
Supplementary Travel Information
Additional family Information
ADR - JUL 23
Schedule A Background Information
PPR - JUL 26
Congrats! Good news over the weekend. Party in Japan for now ;)

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hey guys,

Same as mine , AOR March 4th , medical passed April 9th , single applicant (applying from inside Canada). Only 40 days left on my application

1hrprt1

Jul 26, 2019
Anybody with same timeline pnp based Express entry
AOR March 23
Med passed Jun01
Eligibility met
Background in progress
Only 58 days left
Waiting for ppr

Last edited:

jatin8237

Nov 19, 2018
Hi All, thank you for your valuable inputs. Wanted your help with my case.
We have applied through an agent and they have linked our account. So no account notification is visible to us.
Also, we have not received any updates from 15 May (bio metrics submitted).
AOR date is 22 Mar'19
Should we be worried? What you guys suggest?

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
Hi All, thank you for your valuable inputs. Wanted your help with my case.
We have applied through an agent and they have linked our account. So no account notification is visible to us.
Also, we have not received any updates from 15 May (bio metrics submitted).
AOR date is 22 Mar'19
Should we be worried? What you guys suggest?
Lots of people are waiting this endless wait. I dont see any reason to worry. But to ease your tension, I would suggest getting a set of GCMS notes, or a call to IRCC. With agents, you have limited visibility, and that becomes stressful. Once you know things are ok, you can relax a little :)

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
SEEKING ADVICE - Review Required for Settlement Funds in GCMS Notes

Hi All,

I have been a silent spectator of this thread and probably read each of the messages here. Haven't been able to help anyone as I'm not an expert in this. However, it seems like it's time I need some advice myself.

I got my GCMS notes yesterday. My case and status is as follows -

AOR - 21st March, 2019
Stream - FSW-O (India)
Family - Family of 3 (spouse and child unaccompanying)
Status (mix of IRCC portal messages and GCMS notes observations below) -
Notes applied - 23rd June, 2019
Notes received - 24th July, 2019
Medical - Passed
Biometrics - Done
Criminality - Passed for mine, Not Started for wife (overall, In Progress)
Security - Not Started
Eligibility - Review Required

ELIGIBILITY

The notes suggest Education, Work Experience, etc. are all good. Only observation for which it was put in review was Settlement Funds. Funny really as this was the last thing I expected to cause trouble. Family of 3 needs $19,390. I showed ready availability of approx $34,000! I backed my funds claim with all the statements, explanations of all large credits to my account (all of them were from salary sources, no eye-brow raising stuff there), etc.

I cannot make sense out of the agent's notes. I'm not mentioning individual amounts, but the summary of discrepancies is as follows -
Bank 1 - Mix of savings balance, RDs and FDs (considering only accrued amount for FDs and RDs) amounts to $24,000. The agent noted the funds availability in this account as $0 - $8,000. The amount indicates they considered some of my FDs but not all of them (as my savings balance doesn't amount to $8,000)
Bank 2 - Mix of savings balance and FDs amount to $10,000. This was noted fine by the agent in its entirety (no discrepancies here)
Credit Card Dues - Noted as $1,000 which is correct (note, this is just a regular monthly due that I pay off every month, not accumulated stuff).

The only sense I can make out of it is, they didn't consider my FDs which were less than 6 months old. A lot of my FDs show up as <6months as -
i. Most of them were old FDs that matured and were reinvested. So the starting date shows up as new.
ii. One of them was a new FD that I created after puling some amount out of my Mutual Funds as I understand volatile instruments are not considered as POF.

I have attached all details in POF and LOE regarding all of these. I have provided 6-months full bank statement that clearly shows the maturity and recreation of the new FDs. I have provided withdrawal statements of the Mutual Funds (all in my name, withdrawn directly to my account). I even explained all the large credits on my bank statements in LOE with proper bookmarks and links to appendices.

The question is, what do I do now? Should I -
i. Proactively raise a CSE with a summary of explanations that I have already put in LOE (because I have nothing new to explain or that is not already there in the LOE)?
ii. Liquidate the FDs and send them an updated Saving Balance statement through CSE?
iii. Just wait for the officer to review? This option seems like something that would take months or even more than a year!

Thanks for reading it out and your advice.

Regards

P.S. : I posted this in the @legalfalcon help thread as well.
Hello,

Can you please tell me how to request GSM notes?

Thank you.

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
@comet7700 @legalfalcon

AOR 26th March here. I just know that my file has moved from CIO Sydney Nova Scotia to canadian visa office in London, England . Don’t know anything else. I had emailed CIC to ask whether I’d passed eligibility/criminality/security check nearly a month ago and they said i need to get in touch with the London VO directly. I emailed the London VO the same day through webform query but I haven’t received a reply from them till now(its been a month) . So far i have received a notification of application being updated via email on 9th May. Then a ghost update in last week of June.

Do you suggest if i stay put or try to know the status? I have no idea how to reach the London VO other than webform