+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

ca_aspirant

Feb 20, 2019
They allow Outland calls, but there appears to be an automated message today (from updates on the other threads) that the call agents are unable to access the applications as the system is down. Please also check the other threads, and you'll see that no one is able to access their applications for several hours today.
Thanks for the info. Btw, what is the number that I can use to call CIC?
I tried using this number (1-888-242-2100) mentioned here, but it does not work for me. Calling from US
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

romelldiana

Jan 13, 2019
Thanks for the info. Btw, what is the number that I can use to call CIC?
I tried using this number (1-888-242-2100) mentioned here, but it does not work for me. Calling from US
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
I haven't tried calling them myself previously, but when I searched the forum just now, this is the number I found +1 613-944-4000. Also found the same number here: https://students.ubc.ca/international-student-guide/immigration/tips-communicating-ircc. I hope it works.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
You dont need it till they request, you live in Canada, its wasting money.
CIC only checks criminality by "name search", not by fingerprint. If they find the applicant's name matching to a criminal, they will request fingerprint for further confirmation. Therefore submitting Canada RCMP police certificate upfront is not wasting money as you save them the hassle

*:)If the police certificate is based on "name and birth", then it's waste of money, it needs to be confirmed by fingerprint comparison

Gary_li

Feb 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
7 March 2019
CIC only checks criminality by "name search", not by fingerprint. If they find the applicant's name matching to a criminal, they will request fingerprint for further confirmation. Therefore submitting Canada RCMP police certificate upfront is not wasting money as you save them the hassle

*:)If the police certificate is based on "name and birth", then it's waste of money, it needs to be confirmed by fingerprint comparison
You explained how they check when they request police certification? but really do not need to provide in advance until they request, normally they only ask for criminal check in your own country. it save time but not money.

Gary_li

Feb 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
7 March 2019

wait! I am confused, did they request or you do it voluntarily

Bhuppi

Jan 11, 2019
Hi Guys, I have received ITA on jan 30th and my AOR date is 4th of March. I am on H1B and I have filled my application from USA but now travelling to India in the month of April. So can I schedule my biometric in India? Thanks in advance !

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi Guys, I have received ITA on jan 30th and my AOR date is 4th of March. I am on H1B and I have filled my application from USA but now travelling to India in the month of April. So can I schedule my biometric in India? Thanks in advance !
You can complete your biometrics in any CVAC worldwide.

Reactions: Bhuppi