March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Friends, did any of you get a confirmation from CIC that your application has received ?
AoR takes at least 30 days based on data from last few months. Most March applicants will not get their AoR in March.

longsummer

Mar 8, 2018
Hoping to apply in March or early April - will provide details when I send it in. For now, I just have a few questions -
1. Have been in Canada since 2011 and have not lived anywhere else - do I need a Canadian police check ?
2. My son turns 18 in May - can I still apply for him as a minor if I send the application in before May?
3. My son is going away to another province for university in the fall - do I just update CIC with a new residential address for him so he can take the oath in the province he will be in?
4. Hoping to visit family in Australia in July - if we get a test date and/or oath date when we are away, can we change the date? (or am I being insanely optimistic regarding getting a test date this early ....)
5. Can we even leave the country during our application?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hoping to apply in March or early April - will provide details when I send it in. For now, I just have a few questions -
1. Have been in Canada since 2011 and have not lived anywhere else - do I need a Canadian police check ?
2. My son turns 18 in May - can I still apply for him as a minor if I send the application in before May?
3. My son is going away to another province for university in the fall - do I just update CIC with a new residential address for him so he can take the oath in the province he will be in?
4. Hoping to visit family in Australia in July - if we get a test date and/or oath date when we are away, can we change the date? (or am I being insanely optimistic regarding getting a test date this early ....)
5. Can we even leave the country during our application?
I would recommend you read through the information about citizenship applications on the IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html and the guides linked from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply.html), as the requirements and process are outlined there.

That said,
1. No. You need a PCC for countries where you have spent a total of 183 days or more over the last four years (so if you have a bunch of trips to one country you may need to provide a PCC, even if you didn't stay there for 6 months in one go).
2. I expect so.
3. I don't know. They may not be set up for separate ceremonies in these cases. You will need to have taken the oath before he can take the oath, if the application is processed as though he's a minor. Simultaneous oaths are acceptable, but that's not possible if he lives in another catchment area, so if it's possible to separate the applications in this way his citizenship ceremony may by necessity be after yours.
4. Yes, you can request a different test or oath date. You can inform IRCC of your travels once you've received your Acknowledgement of Reception, to ask them not to schedule test/interview or oath during that time period. You can contact them once the invitation arrives and inform them of the reason you cannot attend (you must include proof) and ask for a rescheduled appointment.
5. Yes. This may cause some delays (rescheduling sometimes causes barely any delay, but sometimes causes a delay of 6-8 weeks. And rarely a lot more.)

hisharm

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-07-2014
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Hi All,
We sent our applications yesterday hoping that they will reach by March 20th. Here are the details:
User Name - hisharm
App Date - March 13th
Type - Family (2)
Eligible days - 1133/ 1131

Thanks

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hi All,
We sent our applications yesterday hoping that they will reach by March 20th. Here are the details:
User Name - hisharm
App Date - March 13th
Type - Family (2)
Eligible days - 1133/ 1131

Thanks
Added. Good luck!

singhsatbir

Mar 16, 2018
Application sent on 23 feb, 2018
Received on 1 March, 2018
Single
Days present 1320 days

what will be next step?? When we can hear back from CiC??

Chi2Van

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Application sent on 23 feb, 2018
Received on 1 March, 2018
Single
Days present 1320 days

what will be next step?? When we can hear back from CiC??
You've been added to the February tracker. To complete the entry, where in Canada are you?
The next step is that you'll hear from CIC with either the AOR or if there's a problem with your application they'll send it back to you. The ballpark timeline for getting the AOR is somewhere between 30 - 50 days.

panraman

Mar 29, 2012
Hi all,

I am working on application and hoping to submit it by next week. Please add me to the tracker.

User name: panraman
No of applicants: Family (3)
Application - By Mar 23 (will confirm exact date later)
Physical presence: 1310 days

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hi all,

I am working on application and hoping to submit it by next week. Please add me to the tracker.

User name: panraman
No of applicants: Family (3)
Application - By Mar 23 (will confirm exact date later)
Physical presence: 1310 days
Please confirm to us once submitted so we can add your entry in the sheet.

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.