Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Got the golden email this morning! So happy. Timeline below

AOR March 4th
Medicals passed March 13th
Medicals expired December 23
Medicals renewed March 20 2019
Golden email March 26 2019

No request for documents. Applied for notes in December and came back January showing review required for Canadian employer and foreign employer.

Congrats and thanks for giving us hope..

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Dear Members,
I am back to this forum and again looking for your opinion/suggestion/recommendation. I recently received another Medical examination form on my CIC account with a deadline of 30 days. My AOR is of March 24, 2018 and I assume it might be due to expiry of my medical report. To be honest with you all i am kind of tired with my application and the wait status. So, I do not wish to pursue anymore with my application. My question is if I do not go ahead with medical renewal with in 30 days, the Medical instruction letter says that it would result in the refusal of my immigration application. So, does that mean I will get my application fee reversal automatically or do I need to pursue fee reclaim separately. Also, what are the possible ways to get my application fee reversal?
This is a good sign my friend... I think you should go ahead and do it... You might get your PR soon... I think Cansha answered your Q regarding the refund... but my advise, do the remed and see what happens.. good luck

Reactions: leka

EmmaDoe

Mar 26, 2019
First post here.

AOR submitted on 10th March 2018.

Medicals passed, no more documents required, still waiting since.

I emailed CIC through their webform when I passed my one year anniversary and the response I received was "my application was forwarded to the responsible office" whatever that means.

It seems I am not the only one here.

Arturo81

Nov 20, 2018
I feel you.. We are all in the same place... frustrated of the whole process, but honestly there is nothing we can do but wait. I personally have given up on doing anything at all, and believe that it will come in due time. My file has passed everything and there is no RR or anything... it is just waiting there for no reason.... I hope your notes will give you some insights on your case.

Good luck.
I think we should start asking at least once a week what is the progress of our application via IRCC webforms and GMC Notes every month and collect them as a proof if we want to escalate this in mass media. We do not have to get into the stage of frustration, but follow very closely the process. We are getting near of the end.
Write down dates and responses, take a record of that when it would be needed, just in case.

Reactions: UKDreamer

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
First post here.

AOR submitted on 10th March 2018.

Medicals passed, no more documents required, still waiting since.

I emailed CIC through their webform when I passed my one year anniversary and the response I received was "my application was forwarded to the responsible office" whatever that means.

It seems I am not the only one here.
have you tried to order notes or have you noticed any ghost updates during the year..?

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
I think we should start asking at least once a week what is the progress of our application via IRCC webforms and GMC Notes every month and collect them as a proof if we want to escalate this in mass media. We do not have to get into the stage of frustration, but follow very closely the process. We are getting near of the end.
Write down dates and responses, take a record of that when it would be needed, just in case.
ask every 2 weeks...otherwise they will reply : write us back in a week-month lol

EmmaDoe

Mar 26, 2019
have you tried to order notes or have you noticed any ghost updates during the year..?
I was just reading what GCMS is all about as I was browsing the thread. Never heard of it before today.

If ghost updates mean some changes on the status when checking online, then yes, recently my medical exam changed from "pass" to "you don't need medical exam". Also, a few months ago, documents line changed to "We don't need further documents" and taking out the part that says "we will let you know if this changes".

Background check hasn't changed at all, it's been in process all along with no updates.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
I was just reading what GCMS is all about as I was browsing the thread. Never heard of it before today.

If ghost updates mean some changes on the status when checking online, then yes, recently my medical exam changed from "pass" to "you don't need medical exam". Also, a few months ago, documents line changed to "We don't need further documents" and taking out the part that says "we will let you know if this changes".

Background check hasn't changed at all, it's been in process all along with no updates.
notes are like all the electronic notes/changes ever made to your file..so if there any problem like review required for something you can find out from them and address if needed... the problem is... it also takes a month to get them back once being ordered

yes, you are correct about ghost updates...when you seen application/profile updated in front of your application number once logged in into your profile, and you go inside and see a change or dont see anything it is still a so called ghost update

so, you will probably be asked for re-medical or they can pass you medical automatically (very common for inland applicants if you are one of them)

maybe you r under security screening then if it is taking so long...

EmmaDoe

Mar 26, 2019
notes are like all the electronic notes/changes ever made to your file..so if there any problem like review required for something you can find out from them and address if needed... the problem is... it also takes a month to get them back once being ordered

yes, you are correct about ghost updates...when you seen application/profile updated in front of your application number once logged in into your profile, and you go inside and see a change or dont see anything it is still a so called ghost update

so, you will probably be asked for re-medical or they can pass you medical automatically (very common for inland applicants if you are one of them)

maybe you r under security screening then if it is taking so long...
Perhaps it is worthwhile to request the notes. I think I will. I don't live in Canada, will see how the medical exam status go.
Thanks for the tips. Will keep you posted on the thread.

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Got the golden email this morning! So happy. Timeline below

AOR March 4th
Medicals passed March 13th
Medicals expired December 23
Medicals renewed March 20 2019
Golden email March 26 2019

No request for documents. Applied for notes in December and came back January showing review required for Canadian employer and foreign employer.
Congratulations!

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
390 days of patience...:)
CEC Inland, single applicant

AoR March 1, 2018
MEP March 7, 2018
Review Required for Employer Info (could not verify the whole address online) since March 16, 2018
Sent LOE in mid of July, 2018 (after receiving 1st set of GCMS notes)
July 25, 2018 1st Ghost Update - Criminality passed
January 30, 2019 2nd Ghost Update - Medicals expired
March 13, 2019 3rd Ghost Update - Nothing changed inside the application
March 24, 2019 (yeah, on Sunday!) 4th Ghost Update - Medicals extended automatically
March 26, 2019 PPR email
Congratulations!

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Does any one know how much time will it take if they have requested to extend my Medical.
AOR: March 25th 2018
MEP: March 28th 2018
CEC Inland Applicant

Today after 25 odd days I got through the phone and had a talk with agent.
She told me that My application seems good. It is at Final review and then decision. But for decision they need to extend my medical. As if they do not extend I will have to re do my medical.

And they have asked for extension of my medical end of January and still waiting.

Any clue what is going on here?

Please help.

Thank you in advance..!!

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Does any one know how much time will it take if they have requested to extend my Medical.
AOR: March 25th 2018
MEP: March 28th 2018
CEC Inland Applicant

Today after 25 odd days I got through the phone and had a talk with agent.
She told me that My application seems good. It is at Final review and then decision. But for decision they need to extend my medical. As if they do not extend I will have to re do my medical.

And they have asked for extension of my medical end of January and still waiting.

Any clue what is going on here?

Please help.

Thank you in advance..!!
I am not an expert, but from what I saw it is all about their workload. They didnt get to it yet. After my medical expired it took them about 40 days to extend it.

Still waiting for that final review and it has been more than a month since the extension and no news at all.

So I guess you will have to wait for it.

Good luck

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
My medicals expired on Feb 28th. I see no changes in my account. It still says you passed the medical examination. Can anyone tell me what status updates do we see when they request or extend the medicals??