+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Completed 7 months on Oct 4. (AOR Mar 4)
I just requested GCMS for the second time (first request was on Aug 17; I have not received those notes yet)
Medical was passed 2 weeks after AOR
When I was on the phone with them, I've been told that criminal check was passed, but eligibility check has not yet stared.
My VO is Sydney, Nova Scotia.
I know the NS office is supposed to be slower, but I feel like 7 months is too long. Is anyone else in the same VO and a similar/higher wait time?
I am afraid we have no other option than to patiently wait, as an Agent told me on call yesterday. I completed 7 months on Oct 2, with Eligibility recommended pass, criminality and security not started since April 11. My file has never been put on Review required, and I have never had any ADR. All look fine as per GCMS notes. So, I am not able to even figure out why it has not been touched for 6 months out of 7. I have so far requested and received three notes, but they were all identical. My file is in Ottawa. I think they are all very slow nowadays.

Reactions: linda85

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I am afraid we have no other option than to patiently wait, as an Agent told me on call yesterday. I completed 7 months on Oct 2, with Eligibility recommended pass, criminality and security not started since April 11. My file has never been put on Review required, and I have never had any ADR. All look fine as per GCMS notes. So, I am not able to even figure out why it has not been touched for 6 months out of 7. I have so far requested and received three notes, but they were all identical. My file is in Ottawa. I think they are all very slow nowadays.
Yes you are right. Many applicants are facing similar issue. Most of us are getting generic replies when we call or get gems notes. Files are not touched for months. I guess they have lot of backload and this has resulted in delays in processing times. What really shocks me is the short duration in which few people receive their pprs despite such delays. We can’t do anything about it apart from praying and waiting. Good luck

Reactions: Chris78

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Yes you are right. Many applicants are facing similar issue. Most of us are getting generic replies when we call or get gems notes. Files are not touched for months. I guess they have lot of backload and this has resulted in delays in processing times. What really shocks me is the short duration in which few people receive their pprs despite such delays. We can’t do anything about it apart from praying and waiting. Good luck
The worse is that I, just like many of us, paid everything upfront. I have received several generic replies from them. I even raised a CSE to tell them that it is unfair continue saying that application differ and can take different timeframes for analysis when they don't even open some. How do they judge that an application is complicated when for 6 months out of 7 they have not even opened it? A month after I submitted my application a Case Analyst put recommended pass and ready to finalize and they just classified the file forever. Many of us are in the same situation, and no matter how many CSE we send, it does not move CIC. Let´s continue to wait and see what next!

camptrav

Sep 16, 2018
Yes, I have a similar timeline, AOR March 14th and my office is NS as well.

To say I am frustrated would be an understatement, there was a rain of PPR's this week for people who submitted their applications several months after us and here we are still waiting. The worst part is that there is no end in sight, in one week I'll be in the same position and thinking "Maybe next week will be the one", it's like waiting for a miracle to happen.

You should have received your first notes by now. I suggest to contact the people who requested them on your behalf, in case you used a Third Party service.
The first time I ordered notes (Aug 17), I'd done it by myself. I've mailed ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca , asking them to look into the delay.
I've requested notes again last week, through a third party.
I have not gotten RR nor ADR so far. Every time I call, they tell me there's no concerns with the application and that nothing is pending from my end.
I'm not sure what else we can do at this point...

rdimmi

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Similar status here..AOR 25 March. Eligibility under review and Background Check in Progress(IP2). This has been the status since 2-3 months now.... With Nova Scotia..!!!

I had received my GCMS stating that one of my experience certificates suggests another NOC! I submitted an updated experience letter with job duties related to my NOC and my spouse's ECA. Though I received both the mails stating that these 2 docs were received and sent to the respective office but yet to hear anything from them!!!

My thoughts-I believe I am here till 2 more months coz....I see "Review Required" status' to get movement in 8 months!!!
Hi my case is exactly same as yours. My file is at NS too! Did you receive ADR? Any update?

Wajidhosain

Sep 19, 2017
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Received following response from the office of Ralph Goodale., MP and Minister of Public Safety:

Dear Wajid - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Mar 2,
2018. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.
Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications
are finalized within that timeframe, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility passed.
Criminality passed May 7, 2018 for both adults.

Your spouse's security checks have not been initiated.
Your security checks were initiated May 7, 2018 and are in progress. They
cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2019.
--------------------------
:(:(:(:(:(:(

mrjayd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28/03/2018
IELTS Request
4/04/2018
Med's Done....
5/04/2018
Passport Req..
1-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2018
LANDED..........
28-01-2019
Received following response from the office of Ralph Goodale., MP and Minister of Public Safety:

Eligibility passed.

wow! is it not insane to start security checks for you and leave out your spouse? sorry i had to use such word.

Delphina

Sep 29, 2018

Eligibility passed.

I think Ralph office isn’t helpful, I am in regina and have contacted them severally they only provided me with the information you get from ordering GMC notes. This is the exact reply I got from them the only difference is that your security has been Initiated. I even contacted them yesterday to see if they can at least expidiate my breach work permit application because I applied for it Sept 7th and am going back to my county for one month from dec 6th as I have an important event that needs my presence and I fear that I can’t get my work permit processed by then. The lady from Ralph’s office said they don’t have the Authourity to expidite the application process and I shouldn’t travel till I get my document which is really sad, I am really worried as I have planed this trip since last year Nov and my PR application is going to be 8months by Oct 28th.