+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Zipak

Oct 12, 2018
Yeah exactly what i thought, Canada immigration have a problem with deadlines, exactly like the "6 months express entry" thing...

At least they should add a comment saying :
"If we don't do it in 6 months then..good luck ^^"
"If we don't do it in 6 months then maybe 7months...or 8....or 9999 who knows....(and who cares!)"
"If we don't do it in 6 months, please read about Einstein's relativistic time theory and be patient"

Last edited:
Reactions: trvapplicant

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hello All,

I am able to see the progress bar.

The progress bar shows 15 Sept 2018 as the Estimated completion date. My AOR is 18 the March.

What the hell that is supposed to mean , showing a completion date which is 3 months over due.

My guess is they are just added a junk feature where it shows 6 months for everybody which makes no sense or there may be a glitch which is yet to be fixed.

Flintface

Oct 15, 2018
Hello All,

I am able to see the progress bar.

The progress bar shows 15 Sept 2018 as the Estimated completion date. My AOR is 18 the March.

What the hell that is supposed to mean , showing a completion date which is 3 months over due.

My guess is they are just added a junk feature where it shows 6 months for everybody which makes no sense or there may be a glitch which is yet to be fixed.
This is so ridiculous!

Flintface

Oct 15, 2018
I guess I have the acclaimed progress bar on my page. It says 'your application is taking us longer than usual to process".

Well then.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I guess by now everyone either has seen progress bar in account (I think many are still left) or you may have seen a picture of it on the forums.

I'm sure many of us think that the progress bar is not really helpful to us. If you feel the same, I think a better way of CIC letting this is to fill out the survey they sent and let your views known. So, if you haven't filled out the survey please do so!

In the survey they ask us whether the progress bar is useful or not. Of course I chose No. Then there is a text box for comments and I said

Merely adding 6 months to AOR date is not showing "progress". if you want to show progress give actual details of the steps in between and a "real" estimate of the process. The gimmicks don't help the candidates. Show some empathy to candidates please.

In the next page I "strongly disagreed" with usefulness of the said progress bar.

Request to everyone, please do the survey and let them know that this thing has zero advantage and utility to the candidates. Not sure it will help but we need to make our voice heard. Thanks!

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I guess by now everyone either has seen progress bar in account (I think many are still left) or you may have seen a picture of it on the forums.

I'm sure many of us think that the progress bar is not really helpful to us. If you feel the same, I think a better way of CIC letting this is to fill out the survey they sent and let your views known. So, if you haven't filled out the survey please do so!

In the survey they ask us whether the progress bar is useful or not. Of course I chose No. Then there is a text box for comments and I said

Merely adding 6 months to AOR date is not showing "progress". if you want to show progress give actual details of the steps in between and a "real" estimate of the process. The gimmicks don't help the candidates. Show some empathy to candidates please.

In the next page I "strongly disagreed" with usefulness of the said progress bar.

Request to everyone, please do the survey and let them know that this thing has zero advantage and utility to the candidates. Not sure it will help but we need to make our voice heard. Thanks!
+1

Reactions: cansha

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I feel like laughing out very loud. As this bar only shows up-to 6 months nothing much.
Date received: March 25, 2018 and Estimated completion date: September 25, 2018

Is this a joke. This is what we have been waiting for. I have passed the estimated time and that too by large gap of 3 months almost.
They are just playing with us. Making fun of us. I hate to say but this is really a worst situation :(

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
still nothing in my profile.
From the pictures it just seems useless to me, just adding 6 months???
Was expecting something like percentage downloaded/completed sort of bar :D! This might be just to keep new applicants off their back from writing/calling within 2-3 months for the application status.

Reactions: Aadien0718

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hello Everyone!

Will do for sure!!

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
still nothing in my profile.
From the pictures it just seems useless to me, just adding 6 months???
Was expecting something like percentage downloaded/completed sort of bar :D! This might be just to keep new applicants off their back from writing/calling within 2-3 months for the application status.
Adding 6 months means it will the Estimated completion date exactly 6 months from your application is received. Which in turn is useless as we already knew that it will take maximum 6 months.
They haven't done anything for the applications who have crossed their 6 months window, and on the bar it still shows the date that is already passed. That is garbage.

sai2018

Jul 21, 2018
Outcome of my progress bar...Can anyone suggest what to interpret from this....:mad:

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

Date received: March 25, 2018
Estimated completion date: September 25, 2018

Reactions: Aadien0718