+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

marineking

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No need to be frustrated. Just keep your courage and perseverance up and continue waiting for the best.
I too have had no update up to this moment.
my OAR is March 2nd. Just a bit more than a week to reach the 6 months target.
I will order my third set of GCMS notes today also. I hope it finally push thing forward.
Not even medicals passed? What the first two sets of GCMS notes say?

Reactions: Chris78

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Not even medicals passed? What the first two sets of GCMS notes say?
First of all the two first set of notes were identical, even though I requested with 1.5 month difference.
Medical pass since March 8th.
Case Analyst Recommended pass for the Eligibility since April 11th.
Criminality and Security not started.
Since April 11th, the application has never been touched again by anybody (for almost 4 months). There is no action since that date.
Since on September 2nd it will make 6 months since AOR, I will request the notes today again.

Reactions: AlexandraO

eedwards92

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
22-05-2018
Med's Request
05-06-2018
First of all the two first set of notes were identical, even though I requested with 1.5 month difference.
Since April 11th, the application has never been touched again by anybody (for almost 4 months). There is no action since that date.
Since on September 2nd it will make 6 months since AOR, I will request the notes today again.
Visa office?

marineking

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It's so odd how some applications I see progress so fast, and others don't, like yours, even though you are eligible according to their own analysts. It almost looks like they randomly select applications from the pool to work with, instead of doing some orderly rotation.

A friend of mine applied in January with her husband and got PPR 1.5 months later. Granted, it was a simple case to analyze: young married couple, no kids, no travel history, etc.

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
It's so odd how some applications I see progress so fast, and others don't, like yours, even though you are eligible according to their own analysts. It almost looks like they randomly select applications from the pool to work with, instead of doing some orderly rotation.

A friend of mine applied in January with her husband and got PPR 1.5 months later. Granted, it was a simple case to analyze: young married couple, no kids, no travel history, etc.
I instead think they pick applications at random and treat them. When the eligibility is recommended pass, there is no much to do again, unless there is a criminal history, as far as I know. Normally the most important part is done by case analyst who checks everything. The Officer just validates. For a case to remain untouched for 5 months, that has nothing to do with it being complicated or not; it is just because it has not been picked by the random selection of the Visa Officer.

In my case, I am with my wife and a 5 years kid. But I have seen families with several kids and even more important travel history than me.

varungorur2005

Nov 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
My suggestion is for you to wait till Sept 2nd and then apply for notes as it's not far. You never know you might have some update by the officer as it will cross 6 months time frame.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Folks, need a quick advice on ghost update. Today when I logged on to my account, I saw my application status was 'Application Updated' instead of the regular 'Submitted' . After getting into the application, its all the same (IP1 - BGC not started). Now when I get back to the Account home, its back to Submitted status. I didn't take a screenshot to record it, has anyone come across this? or am I in a dilemma and should visit a doctor soon? o_O

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Folks, need a quick advice on ghost update. Today when I logged on to my account, I saw my application status was 'Application Updated' instead of the regular 'Submitted' . After getting into the application, its all the same (IP1 - BGC not started). Now when I get back to the Account home, its back to Submitted status. I didn't take a screenshot to record it, has anyone come across this? or am I in a dilemma and should visit a doctor soon? o_O
It is what is known as ghost update, look out for something good coming your way in next few days.

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
is you background shown as in progress in application?
I am stuck in IP1 - background not started yet for 3 months without clear reason for it (AOR in May)