+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Born2bBeast

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hello All,

i just received the Mail from CIC to write a test in Mississauga office on Nov 06th :D

so Happy.. Finally GTA started to move.. my online status did not changed still showing in process.

Thanks

ymassimi

Jun 15, 2014
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2010
Born2bBeast said:
Hello All,

i just received the Mail from CIC to write a test in Mississauga office on Nov 06th :D

so Happy.. Finally GTA started to move.. my online status did not changed still showing in process.

Thanks

Great news and Best of luck!

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
my wifes on line status got updated today

We sent you a notice on October 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 2, 2015 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

we applied from Brampton.. waiting to get the letter

SMMH

Oct 22, 2015
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. Below is my timeline:

March 4, 2015 - Eligible to apply for citizenship
March 5, 2015 - Sent application using Xpresspost Courier
March 9, 2015 - Items reached Sydney, NS, successfully
March 24, 2015 - Acknowledge receipt of application email from CIC
May 19, 2015 - Application process started
June 11, 2015 - File transferred to local office (Edmonton?). Waiting for office to contact me.
October 7, 2015 - Notice sent for citizenship test scheduled for October 22 at 12.27 PM

I finished my test today and passed with a score of 20/20. I had a very smooth interview where my passport, driver's license, health card, PR Card, and Document of PR/ Document of Landing were asked. She asked also asked me about my family members living in Canada, and my present employer and job. That is it. Everything under 15 minutes. I was asked to sign 2 documents - first one was me declaring that I do not have a criminal/terrorist/army/military record in/out-side of Canada, the second document was covered but I was told to sign it as I am declaring that I have answered all the questions truthfully.

But there is one thing that bothered me and I wonder if someone here can shed light upon this, as Im a very detailed/ analytical kind of person. At the end of the interview, the lady said the following "I will do a final review of your file before I approve it. Then you will expect an oath invitation letter in 2-4 months".

The words final review bothered me as Im exhausted with this whole process. Why couldn't she approve it on the spot? Do others also get this 'pending final approval' statement? Am I getting bothered for no reason?

Goodluck to everyone else, and as an encouragement I have been trying to get citizenship since 2003 when I was 13 years old. So hang in there like I have.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, it seems that Trudeau's team is already working at CIC :eek:

I got my invitation letter to do the test !!!

Happily, it's 2 weeks before going abroad for vacation. I was worried about that.

Regarding eCas, it's stuck with "We started processing your application on June 1, 2015".

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
SMMH said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. Below is my timeline:

March 4, 2015 - Eligible to apply for citizenship
March 5, 2015 - Sent application using Xpresspost Courier
March 9, 2015 - Items reached Sydney, NS, successfully
March 24, 2015 - Acknowledge receipt of application email from CIC
May 19, 2015 - Application process started
June 11, 2015 - File transferred to local office (Edmonton?). Waiting for office to contact me.
October 7, 2015 - Notice sent for citizenship test scheduled for October 22 at 12.27 PM

I finished my test today and passed with a score of 20/20. I had a very smooth interview where my passport, driver's license, health card, PR Card, and Document of PR/ Document of Landing were asked. She asked also asked me about my family members living in Canada, and my present employer and job. That is it. Everything under 15 minutes. I was asked to sign 2 documents - first one was me declaring that I do not have a criminal/terrorist/army/military record in/out-side of Canada, the second document was covered but I was told to sign it as I am declaring that I have answered all the questions truthfully.

But there is one thing that bothered me and I wonder if someone here can shed light upon this, as Im a very detailed/ analytical kind of person. At the end of the interview, the lady said the following "I will do a final review of your file before I approve it. Then you will expect an oath invitation letter in 2-4 months".

The words final review bothered me as Im exhausted with this whole process. Why couldn't she approve it on the spot? Do others also get this 'pending final approval' statement? Am I getting bothered for no reason?

Goodluck to everyone else, and as an encouragement I have been trying to get citizenship since 2003 when I was 13 years old. So hang in there like I have.
Almost everyone get this (or almost) same sentence, many people reported that at the end they were told that they will be contacted if CIC needed any other document, than if not, they will receive an Oath invitation in 2 to 3 months time.

Do you know what was the 2nd document you signed ? Did they give you a copy ? That's - I think - something new now ! Before June 11th I think we did not have to sign anything, then after that we started signing the document that state you don't have criminal....etc... But never heard about this other (2nd) document that we have to sign ! It's only yesterday that I read in another threat somebody had to sign a form to authorize CIC to check all the documents he provided. Does this mean CIC now has your consent to contact, check, anyone in your life they want ? It seems a bit of a power we are giving CIC here....

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
superfellow said:
Hello every one. I am from GTA and my case has been in process, and after that I think my application will be transferred to local office, but not sure if I will get a letter informing me about that or not?
Thanks for any reply.
Hi Superfellow,

our timelines are pretty close, the transfer to the local office won't trigger any mail to be send to you, but the test will, and according to some of the members in the forum that transfer to the local office note won't even show on your eCas.
Good luck
Thanks,

adiwen

Aug 26, 2015
Had my test in Mississauga on Oct 19th. Surprisingly saw at least 6 people fail this thing. I would say don't take it too lightly.

One test question website that really made me take another look at Discover Canada to fix holes in my knowledge was the test at v-soul dot com

Defintely do all 100 questions there.

Passed the test, and had a normal interview that went quite smoothly. My status has changed to decision made today, so I really hope for that oath letter soon.

Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 10, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 17, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 29, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 19, 2015 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

ymassimi

Jun 15, 2014
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2010
Just received an invitation letter for the test by mail, and also got my eCAS updated as follows: (Applied from Mississauga Office)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 21, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 15, 2015.
We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 5, 2015 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Unfortunately the test date is happening on a very important day for a business trip abroad; of course the citizenship test will take the priority but with collateral damage, do you think i can reschedule it for few days after?

Hopeful_Sonny

Oct 23, 2015
I just got the letter to write my test at Mississauga office. My ecas was also updated today.

Here is my timeline:

Application Sent: March 12, 2015
Application received: March 23, 2015
AOR: April 3, 2015
Started processing: June 16, 2015
Transfer to Mississauga office: June 17, 2015
Fingerprints Request Letter issued: August 24, 2015
Fingerprints Request Letter received: August 28, 2015
Fingerprints submitted: August 29, 2015
Test Letter issued: October 20, 2015
Test Letter received: October 23, 2015
Test Date: November 04, 2015