+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

rc1

Oct 16, 2015
Hello All,

I received a request for finger prints on Aug 31st and got it done electronically on Sep 07th. I still haven't received any update on my case, so started to worry a little especially since majority from Edmonton have moved on.

The thing that worries me now is if my application will be treated as non-routine and will have an average processing time of 36 months. The request was only for finger prints and nothing but. Would really appreciate if you could share your knowledge/experience on this subject.

Time line below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 27, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 9, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 22, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
We sent you correspondence on August 31, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thanks!

mazarin

Jul 29, 2015
i just did my test today at scarborough town centre. here are my timelines. they said 2-4 months wait for oath. My ecas is not updated yet but i had my test Oct 16, 2015. They mailed me a letter 2 weeks ago to show up for the test.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 5, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 29, 2015.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mazarin said:
i just did my test today at scarborough town centre. here are my timelines. they said 2-4 months wait for oath. My ecas is not updated yet but i had my test Oct 16, 2015. They mailed me a letter 2 weeks ago to show up for the test.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 5, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 29, 2015.
u applied from where?

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rc1 said:
Hello All,

I received a request for finger prints on Aug 31st and got it done electronically on Sep 07th. I still haven't received any update on my case, so started to worry a little especially since majority from Edmonton have moved on.

The thing that worries me now is if my application will be treated as non-routine and will have an average processing time of 36 months. The request was only for finger prints and nothing but. Would really appreciate if you could share your knowledge/experience on this subject.

Time line below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 27, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 9, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 22, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
We sent you correspondence on August 31, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thanks!

Hello please don't worry and read this. That's why they just want to make sure you are the same person.

What will happen to my fingerprints and photograph after they are collected for biometrics?

After you give your biometrics, your fingerprints and photograph will be encrypted and sent electronically to a secure Government of Canada database. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) will check your fingerprints against the fingerprint records of:

criminals,
refugee claimants,
deportees, and
temporary resident applicants.

Any matches to existing RCMP records will be analyzed by the visa officer, who will use the information to make a final decision on your application.

When you arrive in Canada, a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) border services officer will use your biometrics to verify that you are the same person the visa was given to.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

godisgreat said:
Hello Andrew thank you very much.

You mean select client ID

Then Identification number ( Which is my PR card number ) ( Example 0000-0000 )???

Surname/Family Name:

Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):

Place of Birth:

rc1

Oct 16, 2015
godisgreat said:
Hello please don't worry and read this. That's why they just want to make sure you are the same person.

What will happen to my fingerprints and photograph after they are collected for biometrics?

After you give your biometrics, your fingerprints and photograph will be encrypted and sent electronically to a secure Government of Canada database. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) will check your fingerprints against the fingerprint records of:

criminals,
refugee claimants,
deportees, and
temporary resident applicants.

Any matches to existing RCMP records will be analyzed by the visa officer, who will use the information to make a final decision on your application.

When you arrive in Canada, a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) border services officer will use your biometrics to verify that you are the same person the visa was given to.
Thanks for the prompt response.

Just wondering if this puts my file in a different bucket where the cases are processed at a slower pace than the routine applications.

Does anyone have information in regards to timelines following finger prints that are given before the test?

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rc1 said:
Thanks for the prompt response.

Just wondering if this puts my file in a different bucket where the cases are processed at a slower pace than the routine applications.

Does anyone have information in regards to timelines following finger prints that are given before the test?
I don't think so. They will complete your case on time.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Andrew,

same is the situation with me.Though they did not ask me for any document at the interview time and am not sure how likely to request any document after ?
where did u take ur test.Mine was in Ottawa.
kEPP ME POSTED WITH ANY UPDATE

S

andrew7007 said:
Simp My wife and I did our tests and interviews on Aug 31. I was told to send my colored passport copies by post. My wife's status shows DM where as our kids and my ecas still in process. Hope we get DM and the oath letter soon.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmonton. Sure will keep you posted.
Simp said:
Hi Andrew,

same is the situation with me.Though they did not ask me for any document at the interview time and am not sure how likely to request any document after ?
where did u take ur test.Mine was in Ottawa.
kEPP ME POSTED WITH ANY UPDATE

S