+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

umxian

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I saw some May applicants already have their set scheduled or have their test done, My still in process since April 7. This is ridiculous. Is there someone like me applied in march and still In process? I never saw my file transfer to local (Winnipeg).

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umxian said:
I saw some May applicants already have their set scheduled or have their test done, My still in process since April 7. This is ridiculous. Is there someone like me applied in march and still In process? I never saw my file transfer to local (Winnipeg).
What is your location? there is delay in GTA (Brampton Mississauga)

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just for your consolation, file transfer is irrelevant because it appears just for a couple of days on your eCAS and then disappears. If you don't check your status daily then you might have missed it. 2 of us from Edmonton gave our tests on Aug 31, the other guy already got his oath where as I am still waiting on my DM status and its passed 2 months. Its pretty erratic or we don't understand the system.

umxian said:

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 2, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 14, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

Anyone in the same boat as me :( There has been no update in my case???

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
hello,

Citizenship Mississauga Office
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 31, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 14, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 13, 2015.

Nothing after that....so stressful... and with the holiday season coming up, things will be really really slowwwww......

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
umxian said:

I said this to someone else yesterday, but it's worth repeating. Just calm down and relax. Each case is unique so don't worry that others already did their tests or got their citizenship. To put your case in perspective, there are people that applied in 2011 still waiting. We know CIC is moving faster with new applications, but non-routine cases can still take 36 months. Best advice is to continue living your life without letting this put you down and not worry about it. CIC will contact you at some point and you will acquire your citizenship as long as you meet all the criteria, whether that takes a month, or a year or two.

If you're concerned or want to look into why they're taking longer, you can always request an ATIP as it might shed some light into your case, but ultimately, they will reach out to you with updates. Try to relax, enjoy life and you will get it. The more you worry about it, the worse it will get :)

umxian

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Justi saw someone applied in middle of May already got their test done. it's Winnipeg office. I just requested ATIP online.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After your tests the officer says we can expect oath between 2 to 4 months. I called up CIC and the guy says it might even take 6 months from test date. Are these guys not trained or information not being shared?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... all am waiting for last 4 years and my status is Decision Made
in October,, CIC should sort out all the cases of 2011-2012-2013-2014 and than
2015. Hope new Minister will look into this matter and will do justice first come
first serve basis.....

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree chronologically first come first served, have you tried calling CIC? I have noticed late 2014 and early 2015 have been receiving oath. I would call them and ask.
janoo said:
Hi... all am waiting for last 4 years and my status is Decision Made
in October,, CIC should sort out all the cases of 2011-2012-2013-2014 and than
2015. Hope new Minister will look into this matter and will do justice first come
first serve basis.....

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I became a proud and relieved Canadian citizen today! It was amazing hearing our new Prime Minister swear the same oath before we left. So happy that my saga of citizenship is complete! Thank you to all of the forum members for your advice and help!

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A Big Congrats!!!
eeeeeeeelectric said:
I became a proud and relieved Canadian citizen today! It was amazing hearing our new Prime Minister swear the same oath before we left. So happy that my saga of citizenship is complete! Thank you to all of the forum members for your advice and help!

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
After your tests the officer says we can expect oath between 2 to 4 months. I called up CIC and the guy says it might even take 6 months from test date. Are these guys not trained or information not being shared?
OMG.............STOP calling CIC for nothing ....... they are trained but they CAN'T guess the time EVERY single individual specific application lasts neither they can't guess the decisions every single immigration officer may make.