+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So here comes an update.

Me and my wife had citizenship interview in first wk of october and her was decision made just after couple of days and mine was not.So i got the fingerprint request in mail today.And later reads we need your fingerprints as there are questions in your case in regards to section 21 and section 22 of citizenship act.

I had my fingerprints done when my application for PR was in process as my name is matching with some other person who is on their record but not me,that is what i know and i was told by an officer whenever i fly to US or even sometimes in Canada.But they mentioned me that you are clear.

And next question how long it takes to go through all process and what is best way to expedite the finger printed process like going to agency or RCMP directly.

How long it will take to final step of oath now once fingerprints step has been added.

Thanks

S

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Simp, I'm in the same boat.. Have done my FP back on August 25 ( test done on July 22) no RQ... And still my application is in process so is my wife. I called CIC yesterday but agent advised that he can't check my application and I have to wait

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh Simp at least you got some update on your case. My wife too is DM and I am still waiting for a DM along with my kids.
Simp said:
So here comes an update.

Me and my wife had citizenship interview in first wk of october and her was decision made just after couple of days and mine was not.So i got the fingerprint request in mail today.And later reads we need your fingerprints as there are questions in your case in regards to section 21 and section 22 of citizenship act.

I had my fingerprints done when my application for PR was in process as my name is matching with some other person who is on their record but not me,that is what i know and i was told by an officer whenever i fly to US or even sometimes in Canada.But they mentioned me that you are clear.

And next question how long it takes to go through all process and what is best way to expedite the finger printed process like going to agency or RCMP directly.

How long it will take to final step of oath now once fingerprints step has been added.

Thanks

S

Born2bBeast

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hello All,

i am the unlucky one who failed the test just last Friday in Mississauga... because i dint not practice enough... i did not read the book not even one time.. last few days before the test i did some online practice where i was getting 80% result.. and the test day i got at least 10 questions which i have never seen on those online sites... i know stupid me but i have a very busy schedule at work and family.. my test result was 14/20... (Just one right answer would have changed the result lol)

i would highly recommend those who have upcoming test "DO NOT TAKE IT EASY" read the book as much as u can and then do the online tests.

Good luck every one !!!!

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Born2bBeast said:
Hello All,

i am the unlucky one who failed the test just last Friday in Mississauga... because i dint not practice enough... i did not read the book not even one time.. last few days before the test i did some online practice where i was getting 80% result.. and the test day i got at least 10 questions which i have never seen on those online sites... i know stupid me but i have a very busy schedule at work and family.. my test result was 14/20... (Just one right answer would have changed the result lol)

i would highly recommend those who have upcoming test "DO NOT TAKE IT EASY" read the book as much as u can and then do the online tests.

Good luck every one !!!!
It is actually very easy if you read it. The booklet is 50% pictures and illustrations. The writing took me 2 hours to read and trust me, I'm a slow reader. If you didn't read, you wouldn't know. Nothing to do with difficulty of test. Good luck on your next test

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Sams,

So what did your letter say it is same like mentioning something about sec 21 and 22 and do you have name issue as me.I am not aware of anything which i might have done or happened to me since i am in Canada.

So i guess it is most likely an identity check to make sure .

S

hany_sams said:
Simp, I'm in the same boat.. Have done my FP back on August 25 ( test done on July 22) no RQ... And still my application is in process so is my wife. I called CIC yesterday but agent advised that he can't check my application and I have to wait

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i wish you do not get the finger print request as it just delays process another couple of month.

Did u check your online status as mine is still in process but they have added a line that they sent me a letter asking for information and it was finger print request.

S

andrew7007 said:
Oh Simp at least you got some update on your case. My wife too is DM and I am still waiting for a DM along with my kids.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Keep checking my online status daily as I need to apply for a passport and go to middle east for a job. The last line on my status is still the test invite, no additional line for request. When did your additional info request line appear online?
Simp said:
i wish you do not get the finger print request as it just delays process another couple of month.

Did u check your online status as mine is still in process but they have added a line that they sent me a letter asking for information and it was finger print request.

S

djpatel99

Jul 21, 2015
radd said:
Hello Everyone I just checked my online status and I have been invited to write my citizenship test November 24 :D. Below is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 31, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 15, 2015.
We sent you a notice on November 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 24, 2015 . The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

I am from the GTA area
I have very similar timeline. Except that every date is exactly 7 days behind you (Except the test invite lol). I hope my ecas gets updated with test invite next week.

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Ok folks I did my test and passed it I would say to all those are waiting for their test study the book discover canada ..don't take a chance ...I heared some one failed it so prepare well best of luck ..

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Hey guys,

I got my citizenship test scheduled on Nov 24th - I got it in the mail. My ECAS is still IP and was'nt transferred to the local office.
Where do I get the book?

Radd looks like we are going to be taking the test at the same date, mine is at 4PM when is yours?

umxian

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Where is your location? I send my application March 15, AOR March 30, IP April 7, nothing else. I am in Winnipeg.

draxz1289 said:
Hey guys,

I got my citizenship test scheduled on Nov 24th - I got it in the mail. My ECAS is still IP and was'nt transferred to the local office.
Where do I get the book?

Radd looks like we are going to be taking the test at the same date, mine is at 4PM when is yours?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
umxian said:
Where is your location? I send my application March 15, AOR March 30, IP April 7, nothing else. I am in Winnipeg.
I am from Toronto

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Simp said:

S
Hello, do you know if getting that fingerprints letter reaally delays the application for 2 months? I did my test on Oct. 15. Passed. Then I received the message in Ecas in Nov. 3. To.do fingerprints, I got the mail on friday Nov. 6. Friday, so I went to take my finger prints until Monday 9, the lady told me that the whole process takes 2 weeks to the CIC office gets the results.
So you said it delays the process for 2 months. Are you guessing that time or how did you get it.
Thanks