+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

i have almost same dates time frame.Had my test i think on 8th oct in Ottawa and then got the later in mail on Nov8 and cease showing the info to sent the letter.
Yes it takes less than 2 wks even for the finger prints to get to CIC but i have read in blogs it depends when they pick up the file to review so at minimum around 2 months.
Did they mention anything in the finger print letter like mine one says sec 21 and 22 something but i know that i have problem with my name id so that is why i got the request.How about you and which office you applied.

Cheers

S

betoherman said:
Hello, do you know if getting that fingerprints letter reaally delays the application for 2 months? I did my test on Oct. 15. Passed. Then I received the message in Ecas in Nov. 3. To.do fingerprints, I got the mail on friday Nov. 6. Friday, so I went to take my finger prints until Monday 9, the lady told me that the whole process takes 2 weeks to the CIC office gets the results.
So you said it delays the process for 2 months. Are you guessing that time or how did you get it.
Thanks

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Simp said:
Hey,

i have almost same dates time frame.Had my test i think on 8th oct in Ottawa and then got the later in mail on Nov8 and cease showing the info to sent the letter.
Yes it takes less than 2 wks even for the finger prints to get to CIC but i have read in blogs it depends when they pick up the file to review so at minimum around 2 months.
Did they mention anything in the finger print letter like mine one says sec 21 and 22 something but i know that i have problem with my name id so that is why i got the request.How about you and which office you applied.

Cheers

S
Yes it says the same. 21 and 22. I read it but nothing applies to me. The suspicious thing is when I got my interview. On my interview she made me sign the no crime form. And at the end of my interview she said, just to make sure you will be requested fingerprints, just wait for the letter. I think she made that decision right there. I think so. Probably I didn't convince her I was telling the truth. Otherwise,They should have asked me for the FP before the test as a regular process. Anyways. Hopefully this officers get their work done and we have news soon.

Cheers. Have a good day.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
"no crime" form? The prohibitions thing, everybody signs that at the interview...

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think after interview file goes review or they have already reviewed and if they needed finger print they send then.And that form is signed by every one.

did u post the clearance by urself or authorized rcmp to do that.What is better.I got letter from st. clair Toronto though my office is Ottawa

s

betoherman said:
Yes it says the same. 21 and 22. I read it but nothing applies to me. The suspicious thing is when I got my interview. On my interview she made me sign the no crime form. And at the end of my interview she said, just to make sure you will be requested fingerprints, just wait for the letter. I think she made that decision right there. I think so. Probably I didn't convince her I was telling the truth. Otherwise,They should have asked me for the FP before the test as a regular process. Anyways. Hopefully this officers get their work done and we have news soon.

Cheers. Have a good day.

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
betoherman said:
Hello, do you know if getting that fingerprints letter reaally delays the application for 2 months? I did my test on Oct. 15. Passed. Then I received the message in Ecas in Nov. 3. To.do fingerprints, I got the mail on friday Nov. 6. Friday, so I went to take my finger prints until Monday 9, the lady told me that the whole process takes 2 weeks to the CIC office gets the results.
So you said it delays the process for 2 months. Are you guessing that time or how did you get it.
Thanks
hi which city u r in I am in calgary .. Seems we r in same boat I got test date and then fingure print request . Now I have done my test let's see how it works ..

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question for those who have done finger prints

what is a better option to send the clearance by myself via courier or authorize RCMP to send it to st.Clair.

Reply will be appreciated as i have an appointment for finger print this morning

Thanks

S

bubbelbine

May 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's done! I had my ceremony yesterday and can proudly call myself Canadian now :D

Thank you all for the support and may your journey come to a happy ending soon!

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
zaig said:
hi which city u r in I am in calgary .. Seems we r in same boat I got test date and then fingure print request . Now I have done my test let's see how it works ..
Ottawa here. But the letter came from St.
Clair, Toronto. Weird. Cheers.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Simp said:
I think after interview file goes review or they have already reviewed and if they needed finger print they send then.And that form is signed by every one.

did u post the clearance by urself or authorized rcmp to do that.What is better.I got letter from st. clair Toronto though my office is Ottawa

s
Mine said the same. The address said Toronto, st. Clair. I was wondering the same thing since my office is Ottawa as well. So I decided RCMP Sends it directly. The lady told me that the whole process takes to weeks. Cheers

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Simp said:
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question for those who have done finger prints

what is a better option to send the clearance by myself via courier or authorize RCMP to send it to st.Clair.

Reply will be appreciated as i have an appointment for finger print this morning

Thanks

S
I'm not sure if you have an advantage by sending it by yourself. It takes at least a week the Rcmp gets back to you and another week the officers gets your mail. The lady says the process takes two weeks anyways.
Good luck

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my Fps done yesterday and will be forwarded to rcmp AND THEN St.Clair office so was told that will take 10-14 days but RCMP processing time is 72 hrs only if no criminal record and rest is mailing.
My concern is ,we can not check with RCMP that when did they send clearance to CIC as we have authorized them to send directly to CIC and you know it is Canada post so u will not know if CIC received or not ?
If we call to CIC,dO THEY TELL US IF THEY HAVE RECIEVED OR NOT ?
any thoughts ???

Cheers

s

betoherman said:
I'm not sure if you have an advantage by sending it by yourself. It takes at least a week the Rcmp gets back to you and another week the officers gets your mail. The lady says the process takes two weeks anyways.
Good luck

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simp said:
Just got my Fps done yesterday and will be forwarded to rcmp AND THEN St.Clair office so was told that will take 10-14 days but RCMP processing time is 72 hrs only if no criminal record and rest is mailing.
My concern is ,we can not check with RCMP that when did they send clearance to CIC as we have authorized them to send directly to CIC and you know it is Canada post so u will not know if CIC received or not ?
any thoughts ???

Cheers

s
I definitely know. Canada post sucks. I used their Xpresspost service to send a letter to the local CIC office (in the same city !! ) and it took them almost a week to do so. They have no respect whatsoever for the time of people or even for their own promises.

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Simp said:
any thoughts ???

Cheers

s

Hi Simp,

RCMP's process is very fast in case they can't find anything in their database about you. My husband had his fingerprint sent to RCMP on a Tuesday and RCMP mailed the result to CIC the very next day. You can check with RCMP like we did after a week and they emailed us back the same day that they had mailed the result to CIC on this and this day. My husband's ecas changed to decision made within 3 days. When you got your fingerprint taken at the agency you should have received a number that you can refer to when asking RCMP. They need this number, your name and date of birth and they will get back to you. There is a specific email address you need to send your question to. Yes, the official processing time is 10 business days but RCMP is usually way faster.
Hope this helps,
Christine

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
I guess CIC call centre should tell you whether they received the result but if you ask RCMP then at least you will know when they had sent the results to CIC. But it is really a waiting game from then on. :(