+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 LMO processing times.

G2G

Apr 16, 2014
Service Canada is following the "recruitment rules" very strictly, My first LMO was rejected due to the error in advertisement in march 2014 (Vancouver BC). The advertisement didn't include full address, salary level, reporting to and many other mistakes. My employer recently (last month) re-advevrtised the job with full detail, the advertisement is online since December 2013. LMO has recently re-submitted to service canada, so hoping this time it will go through, although I have to wait for 8 to 12 weeks to hear anything (+/-).

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lmo said:
I waiting LMO 23 weeks now :(
Have you tried calling your employer and asking him to follow up on that application? In the LMO process, there's at least one follow-up call with the employer. He should have gotten it by now. If he's gotten a follow-up call already, then Service Canada should be able to tell him something about the current status of his application. If he hasn't gotten one yet, then he is definitely long overdue for one and needs to call them to find out what's going on.

dieguitobueno

Oct 15, 2013
NOC: n/a
Job Area: IT
Province: Ontario
LMO submitted: mid-January
LMO received: -
Result: -

Our LMO process, according to my future company, was started in mid-January.
But.. we haven't got any notice so far..
Based on my calculations, we are in week 15 and the company (which has applied for many its workers), said that it usually takes about 16 weeks..

I've seen that some guys here got some notice from the LMO process in 3-4 months..
So, we are about to receive our LMO results.. You can imagine how we are anxious.. :eek:
We came to Toronto earlier (we are here now) for my wife to study English and for us to get to know the city, find a place to rent, and so on..

Hopefully we have some good news soon for everybody here!!!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dieguitobueno said:
NOC: n/a
Job Area: IT
Province: Ontario
LMO submitted: mid-January
LMO received: -
Result: -

Our LMO process, according to my future company, was started in mid-January.
But.. we haven't got any notice so far..
Based on my calculations, we are in week 15 and the company (which has applied for many its workers), said that it usually takes about 16 weeks..

I've seen that some guys here got some notice from the LMO process in 3-4 months..
So, we are about to receive our LMO results.. You can imagine how we are anxious.. :eek:
We came to Toronto earlier (we are here now) for my wife to study English and for us to get to know the city, find a place to rent, and so on..

Hopefully we have some good news soon for everybody here!!!
16 weeks is actually sort of typical. You're on the borderline between a typical application and an abnormal one. LMOs take around 13 - 16 weeks nowadays. If there's nothing wrong with your employer, I'd give it another week or so. Otherwise, things could start getting really complicated.

dieguitobueno

Oct 15, 2013
stopDA said:
16 weeks is actually sort of typical. You're on the borderline between a typical application and an abnormal one. LMOs take around 13 - 16 weeks nowadays. If there's nothing wrong with your employer, I'd give it another week or so. Otherwise, things could start getting really complicated.
As soon as I get a positive LMO update, and START the Work Visa process..

Maybe my Visitor Visa won't be so long for the waiting of its process:
- Will I need to get out again of Canada?
- Or when I am already a Work Visa applicant, they take my Passaport and I can stay here waiting?

We have already found a place to rent, we are loving the city.. and we wouldn't like to start over again.

lmo

Apr 10, 2014
stopDA said:
Have you tried calling your employer and asking him to follow up on that application? In the LMO process, there's at least one follow-up call with the employer. He should have gotten it by now. If he's gotten a follow-up call already, then Service Canada should be able to tell him something about the current status of his application. If he hasn't gotten one yet, then he is definitely long overdue for one and needs to call them to find out what's going on.
to the employer a call from HRSDC, told to wait another month
but they were not told. get it positive or negative LMO :(
possible that after waiting 6 months LMO will be rejected??

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lmo said:
to the employer a call from HRSDC, told to wait another month
but they were not told. get it positive or negative LMO :(
possible that after waiting 6 months LMO will be rejected??
Well, at least they gave you a semi-solid timeframe as to how much longer you have left. If it's taking more than 16 weeks, then they're scrutinizing this LMO application. However, your employer shouldn't give up. If your employer isn't doing anything wrong and has a genuine need for workers, then he shouldn't give up and should fight it to the maximum. Bombard them with documentation proving that they desperately need foreign workers. That's the approach my employer took when they told him that they were rejecting his LMO. A few weeks after that, it was approved.

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
;D Just update on my case, received positive LMO (36months period of work)today by FAX!!!! can you believe this?
This time actually only toke 14days! now I'm waiting CIC to grant my work permit, it about 55 days waiting time..... :eek:

good luck everyone!

Dan_TB

Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon...
LANDED..........
coming soon...
halo4me said:
;D Just update on my case, received positive LMO (36months period of work)today by FAX!!!! can you believe this?
This time actually only toke 14days! now I'm waiting CIC to grant my work permit, it about 55 days waiting time..... :eek:

good luck everyone!
Congratulation and good luck with your work permit!

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
Dan_TB said:
Congratulation and good luck with your work permit!
I'm 'Implied state' now, still can work but not leaving the country. has to wait at least 55 days.... good luck you all!

Funny

May 17, 2014
Hello everyone,
Applied for lmo in the last week of september 2013 but no result till now..... Waiting for ages!!!! More than 32 weeks..

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Funny said:
Hello everyone,
Applied for lmo in the last week of september 2013 but no result till now..... Waiting for ages!!!! More than 32 weeks..
I guess you would have contacted your employer. Does he have any update?
Also, share your province & noc?

Funny

May 17, 2014
Yes, I have contacted the employer. As per him, things are going very slowly and he has been interviewed by them. He has told me that result should come anytime soon. My province is British Columbia and noc is 0611(Marketing).

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funny said:
Yes, I have contacted the employer. As per him, things are going very slowly and he has been interviewed by them. He has told me that result should come anytime soon. My province is British Columbia and noc is 0611(Marketing).
I'm sort of skeptical now. 8 months is way too long to wait for an LMO. Are you sure that this is a legitimate employer?