+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 LMO processing times.

gods1lady02

Jul 10, 2014
hi everyone,

I need your help regarding my husband's case. He is currently working in Canada now as Temporary Foreign Worker just last August 2013 and his visa will expire in July 2015. The problem was when he arrived in Canada he was having a different employer, not the employer written in his LMO and working permit. It has something to do with the agent who handled him who created all this problem. Anyway, he applied for a new LMO and working permit using his recent employer last February 2014 but the moratorium for TFW was posted on April. SO until now, he did not receive any news regarding his application. We don't know if his application was cancelled or not because it has been 5 months already since he applied. What are we going to do? Is there any way to contact CIC regarding his new application for LMO. My Husband was bit reluctant to inquire since he is afraid that CIC will find out that he is working on different employer not stipulated on his working visa. I hope someone can advise us what to do. It would be a great help for us. Thank a lot

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
pkefal said:
NOC 2173
Processing: 23 weeks
BC

Talked with my employer, they say there is no problem is just that the officer is deliberately scrutinizing the application and asking a lot of extra information and confirmation of everything. He couldn't find anything wrong, so I would assume sooner or later we'll be done with that but.. my luck.. Other people get it in 10 weeks and I have to wait 24..
Any news @pkefal?

pkefal

Jan 26, 2014
It was rejected after 28 weeks for reasons I can't disclose because it will reveal the identity of my employer and I don't want to do that.

Basically I was caught in the loop of the changes on immigration laws. I'm from a Visa exempt country, had all qualifications, everything was done by the book and by a very known and appreciated law firm but the officer was not satisfied. Consistently asked for more information and new papers and delayed the application. They've sent two other LMOs at the same time as mine, the other two were approved in an avg. of 12 weeks, mine was scrutinized (different officers, different approach, I ended up in a.. not so immigrant friendly one) and eventually got rejected. They asked to re-apply with the new regulations but neither me nor my employer is willing to through that sh*t again. So bye bye Canada.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
pkefal said:
It was rejected after 28 weeks for reasons I can't disclose because it will reveal the identity of my employer and I don't want to do that.

Basically I was caught in the loop of the changes on immigration laws. I'm from a Visa exempt country, had all qualifications, everything was done by the book and by a very known and appreciated law firm but the officer was not satisfied. Consistently asked for more information and new papers and delayed the application. They've sent two other LMOs at the same time as mine, the other two were approved in an avg. of 12 weeks, mine was scrutinized (different officers, different approach, I ended up in a.. not so immigrant friendly one) and eventually got rejected. They asked to re-apply with the new regulations but neither me nor my employer is willing to through that sh*t again. So bye bye Canada.

Oh wow that sucks. So much is up to chance with these applications. What province was your application for. This is the start of my 9th week.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
pkefal said:

Sorry to hear that man. Definetly, it is a long and irritating process. Good luck for your future.