21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Dear StopDa

I am applicant based in Jeddah,KSA.I sent my docuemnts by aramex on 17th March2014 and they delevered to Canadian Embassy in Abudhabi on 19th of March to apply for work permit.All the required documents that i sent but only i didnt send any PCC from my past countries where i have worked before because its very hard to obtained without canadian embassy reference letter.And i saw in this forum that if we applied from Abudhabi they do not ask so is it true?Even i heard that they only ask if we apply PR when we are in Canada.Another question is canadian embassy from abudhabi accept my application because i am in Saudi Arab right now.

Please give advised to me in my ablove questions.

Regards
Rabin

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RabinJi said:
Dear StopDa

I am applicant based in Jeddah,KSA.I sent my docuemnts by aramex on 17th March2014 and they delevered to Canadian Embassy in Abudhabi on 19th of March to apply for work permit.All the required documents that i sent but only i didnt send any PCC from my past countries where i have worked before because its very hard to obtained without canadian embassy reference letter.And i saw in this forum that if we applied from Abudhabi they do not ask so is it true?Even i heard that they only ask if we apply PR when we are in Canada.Another question is canadian embassy from abudhabi accept my application because i am in Saudi Arab right now.

Please give advised to me in my ablove questions.

Regards
Rabin
Well, it seems like you have no choice but to apply in Riyadh if this is a temporary work permit application. You can only use the Abu Dhabi office for permanent resident visas. That's what it says on the CIC site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

I don't know whether Abu Dhabi asks for PCC but I do know that some offices do while others don't. But you're going to have to apply in Riyadh. You'll have to get another copy of your LMO, job contract, and other documents to send to the other visa office. Abu Dhabi's office won't process your application.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Thank you so much Mr.StopDa for your response.I am so much worried when you said canadian embassy in abudhabi wont accept my application.But my employer from canada advised me to submit in Abudhabi to get visa stamped fast than Riyadh.So kindly advised me what to do now?Do they returned my document and when?

Regards
Rabin

Maxxam

Nov 8, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
stopDA said:
Tiagodj got his LMO, did you get yours yet?
Hey StopDa,

Yes I got mine a day later (same company). 8)

LMO submission date: Aug 27th, 2013
LMO result date: Mar 28, 2014
LMO result: Positive.
NOC code: 2173

Cuteejhaimee

Feb 13, 2014
Submitted LMO application; August 20, 2013
Pre-approval; October 25, 2013
evaluation of LMO; submitted another documents February 26, 2014
pre approval of LMO; March 20, 2014
awaiting for result.

I am in the stage of 22weeks now waiting. i am patience really!
Alberta application so far.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RabinJi said:
Thank you so much Mr.StopDa for your response.I am so much worried when you said canadian embassy in abudhabi wont accept my application.But my employer from canada advised me to submit in Abudhabi to get visa stamped fast than Riyadh.So kindly advised me what to do now?Do they returned my document and when?

Regards
Rabin
Show that link I sent you to your employer. They'll return the documents if you sent a prepaid mailing stamp. They'll return it as soon as someone reads your application and sees that you sent it to the wrong office.

ndee6

Mar 23, 2014
NOC: 7315
Provence: Ontario
Submitted: 18 December 2013
File opened by Service Canada on 17 January 2014
Awaiting result.

No news as of yet. Perhaps the biggest lesson I have learnt through out this whole process is, when an LMO is submitted to Service Canada it doesn't always mean the count down begins from that date. My two immigration lawyers working on behalf of the company and myself seem to believe the count down begins once the file is opened by SC. In my case, this was nearly one month after they submitted the LMO application.

Good luck everyone.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ndee6 said:
NOC: 7315
Provence: Ontario
Submitted: 18 December 2013
File opened by Service Canada on 17 January 2014
Awaiting result.

No news as of yet. Perhaps the biggest lesson I have learnt through out this whole process is, when an LMO is submitted to Service Canada it doesn't always mean the count down begins from that date. My two immigration lawyers working on behalf of the company and myself seem to believe the count down begins once the file is opened by SC. In my case, this was nearly one month after they submitted the LMO application.

Good luck everyone.
This is ridiculous. When giving us processing times, they should take into consideration the amount of time it takes before they open the file. I don't give a flying toss how much time it takes for them to process the application after opening it. I want to know how much time I have to wait.

ndee6

Mar 23, 2014
stopDA said:
This is ridiculous. When giving us processing times, they should take into consideration the amount of time it takes before they open the file. I don't give a flying toss how much time it takes for them to process the application after opening it. I want to know how much time I have to wait.
Indeed. A certain amount of the wait may well have been due to Christmas and New Year holidays, however it's still not desirable…

john01660

Apr 17, 2014
hey guys i was offered a job with a company last july in alberta and im still waiting, i was told the had to make changes to the advertizing a few month back and have just been informed that i should hear something by end of may early june

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john01660 said:
hey guys i was offered a job with a company last july in alberta and im still waiting, i was told the had to make changes to the advertizing a few month back and have just been informed that i should hear something by end of may early june
For which occupation is your LMO? I am also in the same situation as you... My company had also re-advertised few months back their job posting and it is expecting results around May- early June

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
LMO just launched on April 9(noc 2174 for bc). So waiting has just begun. I am sure this would take at least 4 months. But I am hopeful that some steps would be taken up in next month for fastening the LMO process as announced by Mr Minister.

nagraj

Apr 18, 2014
hi frnds any one help me i dnt knw how to apply lmo plz help me im searching for job in hotels, restaurants

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
You do not have to apply for LMO. Instead, if you get job, the employer would do that.
Try searching for it in job bank website. Workbc.ca is another job site where you can filter jobs available under tfw.

All the best