+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto0725 said:
Hello .. Did they write anything on the oath letter ? Or just handed the print out ?
Just the print out.

They'll verify your name with their list of names for oath on that day with your PR card and confirmation of PR doc. Oath letter is just to enter in to CIC office for the security guy to verify.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

When should I expect my test date. Plz. share your knowledge and experience

Following are my details:

Citizenship Appl Received by CIC : Mar 21, 2014
Started Processing : April 30, 2014
Received Line Disappeared: Auguat 29, 2014

When should I expect my Test letter

Plz. send me your opinions

ahmadk909

May 19, 2014
Nomi2012 said:
Hi

Hi Nomi we have very similar timeline i think we should expect test letter in the next few weeks and oath in a few weeks so maybe test in September and oath in Oct but let's keep our fingers crossed. ::)

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
u4g5 said:
congraz, u must be a very important person who CIC doesnt mind giving u a slight favour but its all over now. enjoy being a canadian citizen!
LOL... or probably someone whom CIC does not want to entertain longer. Thanks anyways!!

nadetyqc

Feb 13, 2010
raymasa said:
Hello all,

I finally have access to eCAS today (May 10, 2014). With two lines, Received and In Process. The In Process line states that they received my application on March 12, but does not state the date of when the application started processing.

From other posts, I assumed the processing start date will be there as well. Or did you all got the start date from the call center?

Thanks,

Ray
Ray, when did the processing date eventually appear in your ECAS status? I applied on April 4th, but until now I only see two lines under received: they say that they received my application on April 4th, but do not say when they started processing it. I called them today and the agent confirmed that they haven't processing it yet. This would mean >120 days after they received it. This never happens now according to the google spreadsheet. Processing typically starts up to 100 days after receiving. I did got the book though. Strange.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadetyqc said:
Ray, when did the processing date eventually appear in your ECAS status? I applied on April 4th, but until now I only see two lines under received: they say that they received my application on April 4th, but do not say when they started processing it. I called them today and the agent confirmed that they haven't processing it yet. This would mean >120 days after they received it. This never happens now according to the google spreadsheet. Processing typically starts up to 100 days after receiving. I did got the book though. Strange.
they should have started processing your application. i dun see ECAS a big deal.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
nadetyqc said:
It was started on May 14th, a little over 2 months. It is strange that the agent said they haven't started processing. You might want to call CIC again in couple of weeks and see what's going on. That is too long

Ray

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
parasv said:
Just the print out.

They'll verify your name with their list of names for oath on that day with your PR card and confirmation of PR doc. Oath letter is just to enter in to CIC office for the security guy to verify.
Hey can you please tell if your ecas was also updated before the oath ? if so approximately how many days after test was the ecase updated ...

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi2012 said:
Hi

I have been on vacation since July 13 and returning to Canada on 19th of august. IS THERE ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS ABSENCE?

Can I be issued an RQ due to this absence.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi2012 said:
I have been on vacation since July 13 and returning to Canada on 19th of august. IS THERE ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS ABSENCE?

Can I be issued an RQ due to this absence.
Received line disappeared august 29 ??? today is august 9 only !
AS for your absence, it shouldn't be an issue since everybody has the right to take a vacation. Just make sure you don't miss a mail like test invite while you re away. I'm away too since July 13 but it's too early for me to receive any mail.

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone here had a fingerprint request?

I did mine just last week.

What's interesting was on the RCMP digital fingerprint form printout at the bottom right where it says "return results to (name and address of authorized agency), it was left blank. Is this normal? The Canadian citizenship box was ticked for the reason and I also had to submit a thumbprint to provide consent for the fingerprint results to be sent to CIC. But just want to check that it is normal for the "return results to" section to be left blank. Please let me know your experience.

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto0725 said:
Hey can you please tell if your ecas was also updated before the oath ? if so approximately how many days after test was the ecase updated ...
It is not updated even now. Still says test letter sent.
I already have my citizenship certificate.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
March 2014 folks, any updates ?

January 2014 and February 2014 guys got test dates in June and July.

Now, August and September is our turn to get Test dates.

:-X

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
March 2014 folks, any updates ?

January 2014 and February 2014 guys got test dates in June and July.

Now, August and September is our turn to get Test dates.

:-X
Seems like some people had tests already. One had RQ. Others like me had a finger print request. Whatever it is people seem to be moving to phase 2.

Anyone here with any strange issues or requests?

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
hello,

Just need to ask few questions. I have received a letter on April 25, 2013 from CIC stated that my file has been referred to a Citizenship Judge for a hearing to determine if you meet the residency requirements set out in the Citizenship Act. In addition, they have mentioned that hearing can take 24 to 30 months.

It has been 16 months since I received this letter.

Q.1) Does that mean I have failed the Citizenship Test or I have not completed the requirement of days while filing the application?

I have lived in Canada for over 3 years when I applied for Citizenship.

Q.2) Any possibility of Judge hearing before the mentioned time? Anyone here with the similar scenario/case, please share their timeline?

thanks in advance .