+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

marilugia

Jan 5, 2014
To chikloo....Fist of all , it was for my son. Since he wants to go and study in Canada I sent the admission letter for a program. Thay's all !

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenovo said:
When did you get the letter?
Does it show up on ECAS?
What's your test date?
Ecas updated on Jul 16th.
Received letter on July 17th.
Test date Jul 29th.

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Hey everyone,

Just an update on my end. Just logged in to through ecas, and I noticed that the Received line disappeared.

What is the mean when this disappears? Is it that the file got transferred?

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Disappearance of Received line has been associated with Local Office Transfer on this forum, although there is no concrete proof supporting this assumption, other than people calling in CIC after receive line disappearance and the CIC agent responding them with something that indicates file has been transferred to Local Office.
Simply put, receive line disappearance means there is some progress on your case. :)

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Hi Everyone --

I called and got someone who was nice enough to give me more details, more than the past two agents that I talked to in the past times I have called in.

The agent said that the file had not been moved, and that my background check is still on going. So nothing new there.

A constant factor in the conversation with all of the agents I have talked too, is the reinforcement that, this is a 24 month process and to just wait. I said that I had some friends who were receiving test notifications (and they applied in January) and that it seemed as though - applications were being processed faster, because of us having to pay more $$, and that the gov 'incentives' ... but according to her that has not been implemented as of yet.

Also I was thinking of moving to another city, but apparently if you move this will add more time to your application, but we do have the option to keep the file in the same office and not have it transferred. However, I don't really trust this - and that they will mail to the proper address. I have had bad experiences with this (As I had to move in the past (same city) and they mailed my application to my old address, SO FRUSTRATING. and super stressful.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recd RQ today. I submitted the following with my initial application

1. CBSA report
2. CBP report
3. OHIP report
4. lease agreement
5. property ownership document
6. bank transaction document
7. credit card statement print outs
8. CRA assessment print out and T4s

Im out of options to send anything else and need help. Please let me know what else I can add to the RQ now.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:

1. CBSA report
2. CBP report
3. OHIP report
4. lease agreement

Im out of options to send anything else and need help. Please let me know what else I can add to the RQ now.
But what they are asking you to provide in that RQ? the same docs what you sent with your initial application or something extra?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
1. CBSA report
2. CBP report
3. OHIP report
4. lease agreement
I personally have a good chance of getting an RQ since I lost my passport two years ago, but I didn't include any extra document cause I don't think that would help.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
But what they are asking you to provide in that RQ? the same docs what you sent with your initial application or something extra?
They are asking for the same stuff. Additional information that they are asking is social ties and family ties in Canada.
They are also asking my ties outside of Canada. Sounds kind a silly.