Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
I've written variations of this in a gazillion responses and thought maybe it's good to post it in a central location:

There are 650+ applications for October.
Most other months have below 100.
Common sense dictates that CIC is inundated with applications.
Therefore things are probably gonna take a little longer than what we've been used to.

Oh but LPC, my application was delivered October X and I still don't have my AOR. I called CIC and they told me they can't see my application on the system
Well no, opened envelope = information on the system.
If there is not information, ENVELOPE NOT OPENED.

Does this mean my application is lost because CIC agent told me it could be!
Go to the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview?sle=true#

Find the applications around your date of receipt. Does EVERYONE have AOR but you? No? Application not lost.

Furthermore, if CIC was losing applications it would be, I'm pretty sure, a serious issue. Applications contain EVERYTHING needed to create false identities, steal information, all that stuff. Think about it. It has your SIN, your passport copies, other documents you may have included. That's some heavy s**t right there. No, siree, the chances of losing an application are slim. Still possible for sure, but super slim.

But CIC told me to submit another application!
If you want to overload the system with more work, cause further delays and confusion then go right ahead. Oh and what you do when the first application is opened after they receive your second application? What happens if the officer gets confused by an applicant having multiple applications? I have so many questions that I'd be asking you for an FAQ.

Well CIC agent has more information than a bunch of folks on the internet
Sure, but only sometimes. I bet the CIC agent doesn't have a kickass spreadsheet showing all submission dates of other applicants who kindly volunteered their information? No. But you do.
You also have the resources of literally hundreds, maybe thousands either going, been or about to go through the system. Y'all have a common goal and the community here is outstanding. Don't be that person who disses that resource. Use that s**t wisely, young one.

But average wait time is X days and I'm at Y days.
https://www.mathsisfun.com/mean.html
Also, it would be naive to use previous months to calculate expectations. Why? Because CIC received like 6 months of applications in one month!

Imma use the web form!
Good for you! Let me know how that works out for you, k?

I'll call every day!
Did you put your name on the FRONT of your envelope? No? Oh. So you expect CIC to open EVERY SINGLE ENVELOPE and not do anything else until they find YOURS? Maybe keep that quiet, I don't think other forum members would appreciate knowing someone can be that selfish.

LPC do you know when my AOR will come through?

If I did then I would have contacted you directly and for a small, non-refundable, one-time fee, offered to give you your AOR date.

I'm so worried I don't have my AOR!
Show me proof that CIC commits to sending out an AOR within a specific timeline. There isn't one. Right now processing is 12 months. Your AOR, test invite and oath could come all in month 10 and CIC would STILL be performing to their timeline. Sure, you'd have a heart attack from the waiting but they have done good on their semi-serious promise.

LPC's moral of the story? Don't panic, think logically and carefully and above all, KEEP CALM.

Konkanasetty

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014(chest x-ray was pending due to pregnancy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back with Visa Stamping on 17-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-0ct-2014
I've written variations of this in a gazillion responses and thought maybe it's good to post it in a central location:

Therefore things are probably gonna take a little longer than what we've been used to.

Oh but LPC, my application was delivered October X and I still don't have my AOR. I called CIC and they told me they can't see my application on the system

Go to the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview?sle=true#

Find the applications around your date of receipt. Does EVERYONE have AOR but you? No? Application not lost.

Furthermore, if CIC was losing applications it would be, I'm pretty sure, a serious issue. Applications contain EVERYTHING needed to create false identities, steal information, all that stuff. Think about it. It has your SIN, your passport copies, other documents you may have included. That's some heavy s**t right there. No, siree, the chances of losing an application are slim. Still possible for sure, but super slim.

If you want to overload the system with more work, cause further delays and confusion then go right ahead. Oh and what you do when the first application is opened after they receive your second application? What happens if the officer gets confused by an applicant having multiple applications? I have so many questions that I'd be asking you for an FAQ.

Sure, but only sometimes. I bet the CIC agent doesn't have a kickass spreadsheet showing all submission dates of other applicants who kindly volunteered their information? No. But you do.
You also have the resources of literally hundreds, maybe thousands either going, been or about to go through the system. Y'all have a common goal and the community here is outstanding. Don't be that person who disses that resource. Use that s**t wisely, young one.

Also, it would be naive to use previous months to calculate expectations. Why? Because CIC received like 6 months of applications in one month!

Imma use the web form!

I'll call every day!
Did you put your name on the FRONT of your envelope? No? Oh. So you expect CIC to open EVERY SINGLE ENVELOPE and not do anything else until they find YOURS? Maybe keep that quiet, I don't think other forum members would appreciate knowing someone can be that selfish.

If I did then I would have contacted you directly and for a small, non-refundable, one-time fee, offered to give you your AOR date.

Show me proof that CIC commits to sending out an AOR within a specific timeline. There isn't one. Right now processing is 12 months. Your AOR, test invite and oath could come all in month 10 and CIC would STILL be performing to their timeline. Sure, you'd have a heart attack from the waiting but they have done good on their semi-serious promise.

LPC's moral of the story? Don't panic, think logically and carefully and above all, KEEP CALM.
Well said.... Good job

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
just got off phone from cic... a very nice lady picked up the phone.. she told she is not sure whats going on with my application as its not on the system... i was told to wait for couple of weeks.... i asked if i should reapply... she answered "NO" ..she said to give 2-3 more weeks to check if the application get returned or not..if not she asked me to call back

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Go to the spreadsheet.

Imma use the web form!

I'll call every day!

Very well written.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I'm sorry if this looks like feasting on someone's misery (and btw I too have not received AOR yet), but the entertainment value of these threads is off the charts!

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
The biggest mistake would be to reapply before getting your package back. Another mistake would be to correct anything in the application after getting an AOR.

I

Imam Gomaa

Dear All,
Sorry, I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
Any advice?
Thanks

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Dear All,
Sorry, I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
Any advice?
Thanks
My advice (and I am no expert in these matters) is to sit tight and wait. You have already sent two applications and have no idea what will happen. If you send a third, you'll only add to the confusion. Wait for the CIC to process your correct (2nd) application.

Reactions: Imam Gomaa

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Dear All,
Any advice?
Thanks

Yes. I have one piece of advice for you. Have some patience and wait. Don’t panic. It won’t get you AOR early and I don’t understand what are you worried about so much?? It’s just a file no. We all have PR already who has almost same perks as having Citizienship. Eventually most of the people who has PR status are going to end up getting Citizenship today tomorrow or day after. So stop acting like not receiving AOR is like end of the world. Have some patience. All will recieve AOR soon. They are still processing October 11-27 applications. So no need to panic. Peace. :) :)

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I have applied under the old rule and then nobody spoke ever about a file gotten lost. Suddenly, because AOR takes longer CIC lost numerous files???
C’mon...it took around 4 weeks for us to get AOR, now they have six times the amount of applications...it could well take up to 6 months to get AOR.

Reactions: vasvas

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

Go to the spreadsheet.

Imma use the web form!

I'll call every day!

Preach

I

Imam Gomaa

Yes. I have one piece of advice for you. Have some patience and wait. Don’t panic. It won’t get you AOR early and I don’t understand what are you worried about so much?? It’s just a file no. We all have PR already who has almost same perks as having Citizenship. Eventually, most of the people who have PR status are going to end up getting Citizenship today tomorrow or day after. So stop acting like not receiving AOR is like the end of the world. Have some patience. All will receive AOR soon. They are still processing October 11-27 applications. So no need to panic. Peace. :) :)
Thanks, you are totally right. I will not check for it again till something good comes in the email.
Have a nice day all! I pray for all of your to have good news soon.