+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LPC's Guide To October 2017 Applicants For Staying Sane

I

Imam Gomaa

I've written variations of this in a gazillion responses and thought maybe it's good to post it in a central location:

There are 650+ applications for October.
Most other months have below 100.
Common sense dictates that CIC is inundated with applications.
Therefore things are probably gonna take a little longer than what we've been used to.

Oh but LPC, my application was delivered October X and I still don't have my AOR. I called CIC and they told me they can't see my application on the system
Well no, opened envelope = information on the system.
If there is not information, ENVELOPE NOT OPENED.

Does this mean my application is lost because CIC agent told me it could be!
Go to the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview?sle=true#

Find the applications around your date of receipt. Does EVERYONE have AOR but you? No? Application not lost.

Furthermore, if CIC was losing applications it would be, I'm pretty sure, a serious issue. Applications contain EVERYTHING needed to create false identities, steal information, all that stuff. Think about it. It has your SIN, your passport copies, other documents you may have included. That's some heavy s**t right there. No, siree, the chances of losing an application are slim. Still possible for sure, but super slim.

But CIC told me to submit another application!
If you want to overload the system with more work, cause further delays and confusion then go right ahead. Oh and what you do when the first application is opened after they receive your second application? What happens if the officer gets confused by an applicant having multiple applications? I have so many questions that I'd be asking you for an FAQ.

Well CIC agent has more information than a bunch of folks on the internet
Sure, but only sometimes. I bet the CIC agent doesn't have a kickass spreadsheet showing all submission dates of other applicants who kindly volunteered their information? No. But you do.
You also have the resources of literally hundreds, maybe thousands either going, been or about to go through the system. Y'all have a common goal and the community here is outstanding. Don't be that person who disses that resource. Use that s**t wisely, young one.

But average wait time is X days and I'm at Y days.
https://www.mathsisfun.com/mean.html
Also, it would be naive to use previous months to calculate expectations. Why? Because CIC received like 6 months of applications in one month!

Imma use the web form!
Good for you! Let me know how that works out for you, k?

I'll call every day!
Did you put your name on the FRONT of your envelope? No? Oh. So you expect CIC to open EVERY SINGLE ENVELOPE and not do anything else until they find YOURS? Maybe keep that quiet, I don't think other forum members would appreciate knowing someone can be that selfish.

LPC do you know when my AOR will come through?

If I did then I would have contacted you directly and for a small, non-refundable, one-time fee, offered to give you your AOR date.

I'm so worried I don't have my AOR!
Show me proof that CIC commits to sending out an AOR within a specific timeline. There isn't one. Right now processing is 12 months. Your AOR, test invite and oath could come all in month 10 and CIC would STILL be performing to their timeline. Sure, you'd have a heart attack from the waiting but they have done good on their semi-serious promise.

LPC's moral of the story? Don't panic, think logically and carefully and above all, KEEP CALM.
Well said, but why the agents keep telling us that applications might get lost on their way back. Do you think this is not a problem that has to be handled if they are just telling us irrational words? This might destroy their future job, particualry if they are aware of that.

Reactions: salimnw
I

Imam Gomaa

Thanks, you are totally right. I will not check for it again till something good comes in the email.
Have a nice day all! I pray for all of your to have good news soon.
And now it is 13 days, 2 weeks but niting recieved.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I've written variations of this in a gazillion responses and thought maybe it's good to post it in a central location:

There are 650+ applications for October.
Most other months have below 100.
Common sense dictates that CIC is inundated with applications.
Therefore things are probably gonna take a little longer than what we've been used to.

Oh but LPC, my application was delivered October X and I still don't have my AOR. I called CIC and they told me they can't see my application on the system
Well no, opened envelope = information on the system.
If there is not information, ENVELOPE NOT OPENED.

Does this mean my application is lost because CIC agent told me it could be!
Go to the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview?sle=true#

Find the applications around your date of receipt. Does EVERYONE have AOR but you? No? Application not lost.

Furthermore, if CIC was losing applications it would be, I'm pretty sure, a serious issue. Applications contain EVERYTHING needed to create false identities, steal information, all that stuff. Think about it. It has your SIN, your passport copies, other documents you may have included. That's some heavy s**t right there. No, siree, the chances of losing an application are slim. Still possible for sure, but super slim.

But CIC told me to submit another application!
If you want to overload the system with more work, cause further delays and confusion then go right ahead. Oh and what you do when the first application is opened after they receive your second application? What happens if the officer gets confused by an applicant having multiple applications? I have so many questions that I'd be asking you for an FAQ.

Well CIC agent has more information than a bunch of folks on the internet
Sure, but only sometimes. I bet the CIC agent doesn't have a kickass spreadsheet showing all submission dates of other applicants who kindly volunteered their information? No. But you do.
You also have the resources of literally hundreds, maybe thousands either going, been or about to go through the system. Y'all have a common goal and the community here is outstanding. Don't be that person who disses that resource. Use that s**t wisely, young one.

But average wait time is X days and I'm at Y days.
https://www.mathsisfun.com/mean.html
Also, it would be naive to use previous months to calculate expectations. Why? Because CIC received like 6 months of applications in one month!

Imma use the web form!
Good for you! Let me know how that works out for you, k?

I'll call every day!
Did you put your name on the FRONT of your envelope? No? Oh. So you expect CIC to open EVERY SINGLE ENVELOPE and not do anything else until they find YOURS? Maybe keep that quiet, I don't think other forum members would appreciate knowing someone can be that selfish.

LPC do you know when my AOR will come through?

If I did then I would have contacted you directly and for a small, non-refundable, one-time fee, offered to give you your AOR date.

I'm so worried I don't have my AOR!
Show me proof that CIC commits to sending out an AOR within a specific timeline. There isn't one. Right now processing is 12 months. Your AOR, test invite and oath could come all in month 10 and CIC would STILL be performing to their timeline. Sure, you'd have a heart attack from the waiting but they have done good on their semi-serious promise.

LPC's moral of the story? Don't panic, think logically and carefully and above all, KEEP CALM.
Nice writeup, LPC, but you did pass up on an opportunity to answer other important questions:

Mike received my application. Am I screwed? Should I reapply and put it to the direct attention of Ryan?

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Nice writeup, LPC, but you did pass up on an opportunity to answer other important questions:

Mike received my application. Am I screwed? Should I reapply and put it to the direct attention of Ryan?
Don't forget about the Thomas. I am just off the phone with someone at IRCC, can't remember his name, it was something like Agent, or Ahmed, and he told me that Thomas puts received applications directly in front of the fastest CIO officers.

I

Imam Gomaa

Don't forget about the Thomas. I am just off the phone with someone at IRCC, can't remember his name, it was something like Agent, or Ahmed, and he told me that Thomas puts received applications directly in front of the fastest CIO officers.
Both of you don't know what other people's conditions are. So, please stop being mean and making fun of other's feelings.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Both of you don't know what other people's conditions are. So, please stop being mean and making fun of other's feelings.
Actually, no. Someone started a joke, which was taken seriously by far too many people even after many, many posts stating that there is no such concern as to whom signed in receipt of the shipment of applications on a given day. My comment is towards the phenomenon that occurred as a result.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, however, in believing (hoping, even), that the severe lack of common sense that is displayed in this forum at times is a result of English not being the first language of some.

Reactions: lpc19800
I

Imam Gomaa

Actually, no. Someone started a joke, which was taken seriously by far too many people even after many, many posts stating that there is no such concern as to whom signed in receipt of the shipment of applications on a given day. My comment is towards the phenomenon that occurred as a result.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, however, in believing (hoping, even), that the severe lack of common sense that is displayed in this forum at times is a result of English not being the first language of some.
The one received razeblade's application was A Thomas, that is why I asked him if he is Allen Thomas or Mike Krwasda as the one signed mine.
You are right that some lack of English language can cause some misunderstanding, but believe me, people try to find someone to listen to them and who can provide them with little hope that they will get something makes them happy.
Pray for others to feel happy as you are feeling now.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Well said, but why the agents keep telling us that applications might get lost on their way back. Do you think this is not a problem that has to be handled if they are just telling us irrational words? This might destroy their future job, particualry if they are aware of that.
I understand and totally agree with Imam. If unusual no of high applications are received in Oct 2017 they are rather doing injustice to all those applicants whose files have been left pending while IRCC officers jumped in with Nov applicants fully ignoring the way files are revived and should have been responded back! In no way again mentioning by phone to re-apply again they can claim to have helped those applicants either!