+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed applications of October

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
I called CIC yesterday and the agent found my application. It was received on October 13th as expected. But he did not give me a good news after that. Due to the load of applications they put some of the applications, including mine, in back log and we might not receive AOR for a while (till January or February as he said).

This does not seems fair since we were first in line. Why someone who applies on November for example, should cut the line?

Do you think if we should keep calling and ask them to process our applications?

Last edited:
Reactions: Najimi

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I am happy that your application is found. How they found your application? Was your application info entered in to the system, if yes then your application is already opened and it is under process. I was told by the call center that they can not physically check documents in Sydney, they just check their online system. Yes we need to push them to review application based on arrival dates.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have much unemployed period during the last four years? Thanks.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am happy that your application is found. How they found your application? Was your application info entered in to the system, if yes then your application is already opened and it is under process. I was told by the call center that they can not physically check documents in Sydney, they just check their online system. Yes we need to push them to review application based on arrival dates.
This is not some happy news for arash1718. Instead, it's the worst situation even worse than application lost or returned.

Reactions: arash1718

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I called CIC yesterday and the agent found my application. It was received on October 13th as expected. But he did not give me a good news after that. Due to the load of applications they put some of the applications, including mine, in back log and we might not receive AOR for a while (till January or February as he said).

This does not seems fair since we were first in line. Why someone who applies on November should cut the line?

Do you think if we should keep calling and ask them to process our applications?
He probably said that to you so that you don't bug him till Jan or Feb. LOL. That's what I think.

Calling them and asking them to process your application won't make any difference as they are not the one and they have no access to our application. So be patient.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What it has to do with citizenship application ??
Theoretically it has nothing to do with the application. But I suspect IRCC is conducting some quality assurance on it. I remembered they did the same thing to ON PNP applicants in 2014, holding many applications and not issuing AOR.

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
I just gave him UCI and he found it.

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Theoretically it has nothing to do with the application. But I suspect IRCC is conducting some quality assurance on it. I remembered they did the same thing to ON PNP applicants in 2014, holding many applications and not issuing AOR.
I have a student for the past four years. I don't know if it counts as unemployment.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
ON PNP and Citizenship application has a different procedure. Relating them makes no sense.

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
He probably said that to you so that you don't bug him till Jan or Feb. LOL. That's what I think.

Calling them and asking them to process your application won't make any difference as they are not the one and they have no access to our application. So be patient.
I called them once. But why it's been opened and never completed then? As far as I know they do not do any background check or something. The only thing is that I sent some extra documents but it shouldn't be the only reason.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called them once. But why it's been opened and never completed then? As far as I know they do not do any background check or something. The only thing is that I sent some extra documents but it shouldn't be the only reason.
It's weird. If they want to do sth they would give you FN first. Sometime they may re-check your PR application to make sure no misrepresentation is found. However, those processes are conducted AFTER AOR.