+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2015 applicants for citizenship

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hey Guys,

Passed my citizenship test back mid February and still have not heard anything about the oath ceremony. I check my application status online every other day. I see user "Srini123" from New Brunswick time line is very similar to mine. He already got the oath ceremony date but that could be due to less traffic of applicants in NB.

Do you guys know roughly how long does it take to get a oath date once you have passed your citizenship test?

I am located in Edmonton, Alberta and passed by test more than 2 months ago now :(

Thank you for your replies in advance :)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Omar Mirza said:
Hey Guys,

Passed my citizenship test back mid February and still have not heard anything about the oath ceremony. I check my application status online every other day. I see user "Srini123" from New Brunswick time line is very similar to mine. He already got the oath ceremony date but that could be due to less traffic of applicants in NB.

Do you guys know roughly how long does it take to get a oath date once you have passed your citizenship test?

I am located in Edmonton, Alberta and passed by test more than 2 months ago now :(

Thank you for your replies in advance :)
Undoubtedly CIC seems to apply some secret filters for processing candidates from different backgrounds. Candidates are helplessly painfully enduring this CIC's processing delays under the mask of "each case is different".

Judging from various reader's experiences and analyzing from the google doc's on forums, very disturbing and discriminatory trend is evident. CIC is indeed secretly applying some religious filters similar to that of racial profiling for processing. Its sad but fact it happening.

If not, how come candidates meeting the same eligibility criteria, applied during the same time, some getting even Oaths in 4 months time and while others made to wait for years on some lame excuses. Its not rocket science to figure it out.

Recall, it was stated previous government secretly used religious criteria to select and bring groups under Syrian Refugees Grant Program.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all I need some help for citizenship test and interview the document they want to bring for interview are just check list documents send with the application under new application there were few things pretty much just the ids. passport and t 4 as far as I know. Can anyone who have applied under new law n have been through the test please share your experience or anyone who knows the answer...

karliiita

Mar 22, 2016
Bring all the original copy of the documents you've sent together with your citizenship application. Like the language proof, all of your passports, and such.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all passed test got 19 out of 20. but please those who are waiting definitely read the book 3 times then practice on line I found some questions really tricky even got few from the side pictures n stuff. interview was not even 10 min. they checked only passport n id's although I had full bag of docs just in case best of luck to all...hopefully all of us get through it pretty soon.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got oath letter finally. so my time line is as follows:
1.Applied 26 September.
2. In process 9 Nov.
3. test 19 April.
4. oath 10 May.
beat of luck all.

alaabebe

Apr 19, 2016
srini123 said:
Application sent - Sept 14 2015

Application received by CIC - Sept 16 2015

Received an AOR from CIC in the email - September 23 2015

Application in Process - October 28 2015
All are being handled and processed at random
as per the officers discretion
no timing
no solid process
nothing systematic or fair!
unfortunately , it's a horrible experience for lifetime!

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't lose hope may be u r next. My office was Mississauga office.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farid- said:
Got oath letter finally. so my time line is as follows:
1.Applied 26 September.
2. In process 9 Nov.
3. test 19 April.
4. oath 10 May.
beat of luck all.
Congratulations dear

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
So guys in a nutshell, it is taking approx 6 to 7 months from the day you apply for citizenship. This is for candidates who have a clean background and earning handsome money. Trust me that matters.
I applied for citizenship end of October, 2015.
Citizenship test was in February, 2016.
Oath: Beginning of May, 2016.
Hope this helps.